Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Modem Unlock Flash Update NEW 12/15 WIPE or NO WIPE

Tip us?

igwtapc
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Modem Unlock Flash Update NEW 12/15 WIPE or NO WIPE

My screen shot on T-Mobile. Still will not hold 1700 signal well but works.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360366448492.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1714003

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

higc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It works

Just wanted to say thank you so much. I got two of the razr hd dev. ed. and switched to T Mobile from sprint. They have been working rather well around Dallas, Tx. I'm not familiar with the different network speeds but mine runs on E with a network strength of around 63 dBm. Even at this speed it's tremendously better than Sprint. Calls are good, data is good. Another quick note. I did not unlock my wife's phone and was still able to get it to work. So the warranty is still intact. Thanks again and keep up the great work.

KeepingItCuttingEdge
Old
(Last edited by KeepingItCuttingEdge; 15th February 2013 at 09:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Great news! Will this work on the RAZR MAXX HD or is it just for the RAZR HD? I think the model is XT910, but it seems to be tricky to discern the international GSM models from US Verizon models. Wanting to use on AT&T. THANKS!

vuphongkkk
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: Modem Unlock Flash Update NEW 12/15 WIPE or NO WIPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItCuttingEdge View Post
Great news! Will this work on the RAZR MAXX HD or is it just for the RAZR HD? I think the model is XT910, but it seems to be tricky to discern the international GSM models from US Verizon models. Wanting to use on AT&T. THANKS!
it works on razr hd and razr maxx hd. model xt926 from verizon

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vuphongkkk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KachowPow
Old
Thanks Meter 280

DONATE TO ME
Well, I think it is safe to say there is no further development continuing on this thread, which I am glad I didn't flash it in this case.

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 850
What actually happened is that the original hack from the OP has been made unnecessary by the discovery of the NV edit method to unlock the stock XT926 VZW modem so that US GSM carriers are allowed with no other modifications and all supported bands function properly.
This method was first found on the XT907 RAZR M but works exactly the same on the RAZR HD/MAXX because they share the same chipset.

It requires diagnostic mode access to modify the NVM in the radio so it passes a check of the whitelist of allowed networks.

This method does NOT work on the original RAZR/MAXX or D4 because they have a hybrid SoC with a MDM6600 chipset.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KeepingItCuttingEdge
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot View Post
What actually happened is that the original hack from the OP has been made unnecessary by the discovery of the NV edit method to unlock the stock XT926 VZW modem so that US GSM carriers are allowed with no other modifications and all supported bands function properly.
This method was first found on the XT907 RAZR M but works exactly the same on the RAZR HD/MAXX because they share the same chipset.

It requires diagnostic mode access to modify the NVM in the radio so it passes a check of the whitelist of allowed networks.

This method does NOT work on the original RAZR/MAXX or D4 because they have a hybrid SoC with a MDM6600 chipset.
Can you elaborate or is there a thread specific to this? THANKS

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 850
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=179

That is the best method writeup right now.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Lucas2805
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Cool razr hd maxx

I just wonder, has anyone tried on Razr HD Maxx with Wind mobile in Toronto?

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 850
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2166542

My writeup for performing this hack using RadioComm on the XT907/926 RAZR M/HD.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]