XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY] Upgrade ics RazrHD to JB via RSD-Lite

Tip us?

bgumble
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2qc418 View Post
YES ! When you have the bootloader unlock you can make everything !

Flash CWM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1973904

and Flash SuperSU Via CWM
http://download.chainfire.eu/298/Sup...erSU-v0.99.zip
even with jb?
Device: ..Motorola RAZR HD
ROM: .....cyanogenmod 11.0 nightly
Kernel: ...arrrghhh's kernel!
Bootloader: unlocked

Device: ..hTC Desire (hTC Bravo)
ROM: .....Stock Gingerbread (3.14.405.1) ROOT
Kernel: ..snq sense kernel 111118
Radio: ...32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.23
HBoot: ...stock hboot

Retired: hTC Touch HD
(Windows Mobile 6.1)

Sync your ANDROID files online and across computers with dropbox.

click here than you & me get 500MB extra space!

christian5916
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Default Re: [UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY] Upgrade ics RazrHD to JB via RSD-Lite

Ok people after like an eternity without LTE I finaly got it to work and maybe this is why some people got it and some don't, after downloading the fsg file the modem flashing tool(don't know if it's called that lol) always gave me erro loading the fsg so I went and create a new winrar file and place the fsg file in it and removed the .bin at the end and bam thats it, it was the stupid .bin at the end!!!!!! And for all this time curse you .bin!!!!! Lol

Hope this help some of ya.
Using the Telcel ones btw.

A simple yes or no doesn't hurt anyone :-/

ftgg99
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiell.cano View Post
UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!!!

Well i wrote this post because many users are having problem upgrading the HD to Jelly Bean, there are simple steps to having a 100% working JB Phone!!!

1. download the JB firmware from Telstra Full from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/vanq...10_CFC.xml.zip or from Firmware thread!

THANKS TO FIRMWARE TEAM!

I like the Telstra one because Orange and SFR have many battery issues.

2. download the modem_signed file of your operator, U can find it on your Firmware file ICS, In this case were gonna use the Telcel Mexico one (is very important to use the correct one, because in each region LTE works in different freq.

Also u have to extract the fsg_signed file too.

Telcel Modem_Signed https://www.box.com/s/dp2aj3v8odeu65yqkr2x
Rogers Modem_Signed https://www.box.com/s/i2qnaauvc0pd3xmn23mg

AGAIN THANKS TO FIRMWARE TEAM!

3. download the .xml edited: https://www.box.com/s/ylydzzjs79ynmj1vbdm3 This file works for everyone, its just an edited file to run the rsd lite without GETVAR error.

4. with the Telstra firm downloaded double click on it and open with WinRar and Replace the .xml, the fsg_signed and modem_signed files.

5. and thats it! u have a fully functional SBF file to start flashing with RSD Lite.

Btw here u can find the latest drivers.... https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/88481

any issue im here to support u!!!
Hi im new to moto. Just got a xt925 with locked boot from germany that was updated to 4.1.2 out of the box. Is there some way for me to aquire rood with this rsdlite tool?

Motorolalover
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You have to get the bootloader unlocked first. I am not sure if German carrier are enrolled in Moto Bootloader unlock program.. Check it here

If you get bootloader unlocked.. you can downgrade the phone to 4.0 by flashing old rom using RSD lite and then we have a program here in that can get the root on ICS. If getting the root, use root keeper programs and then flash it again 4.1.2.

Or you can always wait for Root on 4.1.2.

SickBeast
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorolalover View Post
You have to get the bootloader unlocked first. I am not sure if German carrier are enrolled in Moto Bootloader unlock program.. Check it here

If you get bootloader unlocked.. you can downgrade the phone to 4.0 by flashing old rom using RSD lite and then we have a program here in that can get the root on ICS. If getting the root, use root keeper programs and then flash it again 4.1.2.

Or you can always wait for Root on 4.1.2.
It's easy to get root in 4.1. You just need to flash a .zip file in CWM.

mssidah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorolalover View Post
Hey everyone.. i am having issues with Flashing ROM with RSD. Its giving me errors "Failed flashing process 13/21 flash devtree "devtree signed" -> phone returned failed "... So i am stuck on fastboot now. I haven't installed any recovery or other software. Please help.

Resolved!
Please help me. im stuck in the fastboot and cant get out. my battery about to die

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiell.cano View Post
Justo UNLOCK your bootloader and then repeat all again

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
How to unlock the bootloader if you are stuck in fastboot. please help stupid me stuck and my battery bout to die. please anyone helppp

mssidah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssidah View Post
Please help me. im stuck in the fastboot and cant get out. my battery about to die

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

How to unlock the bootloader if you are stuck in fastboot. please help stupid me stuck and my battery bout to die. please anyone helppp

Resolved!

Resolved!

mariomendoza
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Service CAUTION

Hi all, i have done the upgrade to JB on this method and all is ok. BUT, the TELSTRAONE app that came on this firmware is a severe hungry data consumer and in a couple of days finished my modest monthly data plan, so, take care of deactivate after install the telstra JB update.
CHEERS
The Following User Says Thank You to mariomendoza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

inneyeseakay
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Thanks!
---Nick---

saloums7
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Default Re: [UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY] Upgrade ics RazrHD to JB via RSD-Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcaloide_ View Post
Now with ICS Navigation softkeys!

you can try it out if you are on Motorola Jellybean from another carrier other than telstra but I'm not shure if it will work
Instructions on how to achieve this? I'm trying to edit my SystemUI when I reinstall it I get no status bar no navbar and constant FC. Rooted on JB 4.1.2 Rogers.

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925
Current devices : Sony Xperia Z1, Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wifi
Past devices : Motorola RAZR XT910