Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 53,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] galaxy s3 i747m ROGERS to jelly bean cm10

Tip us?

kwalkerSG3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Trying to use CM10 on Rogers SGS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenglue View Post
Haha thanks! But you can call it whatever you want, doesn't have to have my name in it. Maybe just the color green, my favorite! haha
Glad I could help so much!
Enjoy your new CM10 phone!
Michael
I am trying to put CM10 on a Rogers SGS3. If I have it right, the file to use is d2att but CWM gives me a status 7 aborted message when I try to install that file.

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") etc . . .

Same whether I use the stable version or the nightly. For all my trouble, when the phone boots now it goes back to the original samsung bloatware version without the changes I have made to get rid of what I can and add stuff. Is cm-10.0.0-d2att.zip the right file to use on a Rogers SGHI747 phone?

Stuck!

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalkerSG3 View Post
I am trying to put CM10 on a Rogers SGS3. If I have it right, the file to use is d2att but CWM gives me a status 7 aborted message when I try to install that file.

Same whether I use the stable version or the nightly. For all my trouble, when the phone boots now it goes back to the original samsung bloatware version without the changes I have made to get rid of what I can and add stuff. Is cm-10.0.0-d2att.zip the right file to use on a Rogers SGHI747 phone?

Stuck!
The correct phone model I am working with is SGH-I747M , baseband version I747MVLLH1. I got this phone several months ago when my Nexus S got wet and died. I had enjoyed JB on it for several months before that and miss it on the Samsung and figure if I leave it to Rogers, it will be months yet.

Felchy
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalkerSG3 View Post

Stuck!

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

The correct phone model I am working with is SGH-I747M , baseband version I747MVLLH1. I got this phone several months ago when my Nexus S got wet and died. I had enjoyed JB on it for several months before that and miss it on the Samsung and figure if I leave it to Rogers, it will be months yet.

The exact same thing happened to me last week. It was my first time flashing a custom ROM.

You need to update CWM to a new version. I used the instructions found here: http://andr0idtech.blogspot.ca/2012/...ckworkmod.html

After updating to CWM version 5.8.4.5, CM10 flashed properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Felchy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

todorcim
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I find twrp much better

Sent from my I747
SlimBean 4.1
using xda app-developers app

kwalkerSG3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default CWM upgrade did it

Upgrading CWM did it for me. I had actually downloaded a more up to date version, but hadn't flashed it so the version I was actually running was out of date. Working like a charm now, it is like getting a sliver out to get rid of the bloatware Samsung had on the phone and the phone is not very buttery! Well done Cyanogenmod, thanks!

CobrABC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I have a similar Question.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (rooted, Canadian) SGH I747m on Rogers running on 4.1.1. I have not installed a Custom ROM yet and I would like CM to be my first. I have ROM Manager as I have heard that it would be easier to install it from there. Could any one of you offer a through guide on how to do this?