"How would you change ASUS' Transformer Pad Infinity?"

Search This thread

Bluemgt06

Apr 16, 2012
Motorola Razr 5G
Fix the memory issue, USB 3.0 on the dock, better camera, stereo speakers and speakers on the dock. Maybe a wireless charging pad. AND FIX THE QUALITY ISSUES!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

ishamm

Sep 7, 2011
I think the quality control is the biggest issue here. But as for the tablet, ideal world ; tegra 4 2gb ram and real stereo sound XD

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium HD app

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
Better build quality concerning the docking system, stereo speakers on the front side of the tablet, better storage (not necessarily more (the amount of RAM seems fine) but faster and more reliable).

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Ahh...

I don't know...there's always higher, smarter, bigger, better...
Probably:
  1. 6 month no questions asked warranty
  2. Rubberized back and edges
  3. Not quite so thin
  4. Full sized SD slot on tablet
  5. Full sized USB 3.0 capable port on tablet
  6. Charge thru USB port with any 5 volt USB brick
  7. 12 MP low light capable camera
  8. Removable back for battery replacement

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
front-facing speakers and windowed multitasking would make me pretty happy, aside from the obvious lag fix.

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
They make one of those already its called a Samsung galaxy note 10.1:p

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Yeah, but it would be nice anyway to make a fully loaded tablet known as the TF700 to be able to include such features from the Galaxy Note 10.1. I can't stress enough how much I want to be able to get windowed multitasking on this tablet so college life could be of much convenience.

Pretty much what I want to change is already summed by most of you who posted in this thread. lol Better camera, front facing speakers, more RAM, multitasking, etc.

huy_lonewolf

Mar 5, 2012
Singapore
Since everyone has already mentioned almost everything that should be fixed about the tf700, let me add a different note: how about the newly introduced Ubuntu for tablet? The idea behind it is pretty awesome, one OS for all devices, from phones, tablets to desktops. If Canonical can pull this off, it will create a new future for Linux.

Reactions: Thats OK

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
Storage obviously,
Nvflash or even better fastboot support
And a better connection between tablet and dock.

Cheapxj

Mar 31, 2008
Make it thicker and include the following:

larger internal battery
real USB connector on the tablet itself
put all connectors in one place (bottom preferably)
"rubberized" finish (like my DroidX2)
More, faster RAM

I've never been a fan of any integrated flash memory, those chips fail, make it replaceable.
FULL SIZE SD slot on the tablet itself.

put decent speakers in the keyboard dock, f the ones on the tablet itself. the only thing that EVER had good built-in speakers were those giant rear-projection big-screen TVs.

2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi (an external antenna connector would be AMAZING too)

enough of these proprietary dock connectors, break it down to multiple simple PROVEN designs. wanna have something special for a dock, make it surface contacts and not something that penetrates the chassis of the device... this is just as dumb as crApple and Scamsung's designs.

However, I do LOVE that this thing is made of metal and takes abuse very well (It still blows me away that people complain about them falling apart, maybe I got lucky, maybe the WW sku tablets are held to a higher standard than the US sku? cause I have ABUSED the hell out of mine and it has not given me any grief from a physical hardware standpoint. It has been through extreme heat, extreme cold, it gets dropped on hard surfaces (I use it as an ALLDATA reader through VNC when I'm workin on vehicles and it looks as beat up as your average shop's snapon brick)

Reactions: Thats OK

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
I/O issues fixed would be a huge priority number one. I can't even transfer files on to a USB flash drive, everything freezes up, it's rediculous.

Other than that, I'm very happy with it. I'd take a USB 3.0 port, give me wireless A, bluetooth 4.0 and front facing speakers if I had a choice.

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
They make one of those already its called a Samsung galaxy note 10.1:p

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

At which point I'd be posting in a "how would you change the GNote 10.1 thread" with "1080p and a sleek wired keyboard dock with bonus battery life". ;) Except not really, because I wouldn't have bought a 149 ppi tablet in the first place, even if it did have a real dock. Windowed multitasking is a lot more practical with a decent resolution, and a lot more useful to me personally with my trusty keyboard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since everyone has already mentioned almost everything that should be fixed about the tf700, let me add a different note: how about the newly introduced Ubuntu for tablet? The idea behind it is pretty awesome, one OS for all devices, from phones, tablets to desktops. If Canonical can pull this off, it will create a new future for Linux.
    Make it thicker and include the following:

larger internal battery
    real USB connector on the tablet itself
    put all connectors in one place (bottom preferably)
    "rubberized" finish (like my DroidX2)
    More, faster RAM

I've never been a fan of any integrated flash memory, those chips fail, make it replaceable.
    FULL SIZE SD slot on the tablet itself.

put decent speakers in the keyboard dock, f the ones on the tablet itself. the only thing that EVER had good built-in speakers were those giant rear-projection big-screen TVs.

2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi (an external antenna connector would be AMAZING too)

enough of these proprietary dock connectors, break it down to multiple simple PROVEN designs. wanna have something special for a dock, make it surface contacts and not something that penetrates the chassis of the device... this is just as dumb as crApple and Scamsung's designs.

However, I do LOVE that this thing is made of metal and takes abuse very well (It still blows me away that people complain about them falling apart, maybe I got lucky, maybe the WW sku tablets are held to a higher standard than the US sku? cause I have ABUSED the hell out of mine and it has not given me any grief from a physical hardware standpoint. It has been through extreme heat, extreme cold, it gets dropped on hard surfaces (I use it as an ALLDATA reader through VNC when I'm workin on vehicles and it looks as beat up as your average shop's snapon brick)