XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

note 10.1charging extremely slow

Tip us?

gwuhua1984
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinchi View Post
I'd contact Support. Maybe they can send you a replacement device or troubleshoot you.
Went live chat today. She's telling me to factory reset it first, and we'll go from there.
LG Nexus 5 - This baby is so great, don't have the urge to root yet
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted on stock and Xposed
Samsung Galaxy S2 - All Star ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Cyanogen
ASUS Transformer TF300T - ParanoidAndroid v3.99 RC2

HTC One X - Venom ViperX 4.0.4!!! - Found a new home in someone else's pocket
Samsung Galaxy S - SlimBean - Found a new home in someone else's pocket
HTC Desire HD - JellyTime - Currently retired in my computer drawer

Justinchi
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwuhua1984 View Post
Went live chat today. She's telling me to factory reset it first, and we'll go from there.
Ah, good luck!
“Take heed, and be on your guard against all covetousness,
for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

Chocu1a
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwuhua1984 View Post
I've tried several wall sockets this weekend, and it seem to work randomly and very very slowly at 80% after 8 hours. Does that mean I should buy a new charger now? I'm just afraid that this problem continues and I waste money on the new charger.
You can always download the 4.0.4 image from SamMobile & flash back using Odin. It solved my slow charging problem.
Normal charging on ICS. Let it auto update to Jellybean & now it charges in around 3-4 hours.

Kenchinito
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocu1a View Post
You can always download the 4.0.4 image from SamMobile & flash back using Odin. It solved my slow charging problem.
Normal charging on ICS. Let it auto update to Jellybean & now it charges in around 3-4 hours.
I did exactly this, and the issue is still present. I even stayed at ICS for a while to verify it was charging normally, so I let it update to 4.1.2 and after that, Boom 12 hours of charge time...

This is irritating...

Chocu1a
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenchinito View Post
I did exactly this, and the issue is still present. I even stayed at ICS for a while to verify it was charging normally, so I let it update to 4.1.2 and after that, Boom 12 hours of charge time...

This is irritating...
Sounds silly, but have you tried a different charger or cable?

Kenchinito
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Sounds silly, but have you tried a different charger or cable?
in fact, I havenīt. I donīt have another charger at hand though =S I guess Iīll have to swap with a friend of mine, just for the sake of testing...

Interestingly, Last night i plugged in mine while turned off and it charged at a decent rate. Iīll try turned on to see what happens.

Chocu1a
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
in fact, I havenīt. I donīt have another charger at hand though =S I guess Iīll have to swap with a friend of mine, just for the sake of testing...

Interestingly, Last night i plugged in mine while turned off and it charged at a decent rate. Iīll try turned on to see what happens.
Yeah, I know it is random. If your Note isn't too old, you can open a support ticket with Samsung. I had a rma setup , but as a last minute effort I restored back to 4.0.4 & let it update to 4.1.2 again & my charging was resolved. But Samsung was willing to take it back for rma.

Kenchinito
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Yeah, I know it is random. If your Note isn't too old, you can open a support ticket with Samsung. I had a rma setup , but as a last minute effort I restored back to 4.0.4 & let it update to 4.1.2 again & my charging was resolved. But Samsung was willing to take it back for rma.
I tried looking in the samsung webpage but I couldnīt find the place to submit a ticket. Would have a link handy?

Kenchinito
Old
Thanks Meter 7
just an update guys, I changed the USB cable to a new one and the problem is gone! strange that it charges fine on ICS.

max621
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Re: note 10.1charging extremely slow

Quote:
just an update guys, I changed the USB cable to a new one and the problem is gone! strange that it charges fine on ICS.
Will try because from last night mine only charge while its off and @ 1% in 12 minutes...
And no connectivity with PC or KIES not even in download mode..
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2
SAMSUNG GALAXY SII
HTC SENSATION
HTC TYTN II