Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] what is the gallery app syncing to and from and how do I turn it of

Tip us?
 
JTG81
Old
(Last edited by JTG81; 20th February 2013 at 07:12 PM.) Reason: update
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney
Default [Q] what is the gallery app syncing to and from and how do I turn it of

So I just updated to jellybean and I noticed that the gallery settings has syncing options I have all syncing disabled well atleaast I thought I did but my google account said it did a sync today. They all say disabled under settings but in gallery app my google account has a green sync button next to it. Where in the hell is it syncing to and from?

update:so I've been reading that the stock gallery auto syncs to web services can anyone confirm this? Also I definitely can't seem to disable it. Account is definitely disabled in settings menu under sync, just enabled in the gallery
 
Salvation27
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2012
Do you have a sd card in your device?

There's a problem called "Media Scanner," don't know if this is the issue you've been having- however I had it at first. Was able to get rid of it tho!
I had all my music on my SD Card (40GB) and it constantly scanned/ tried to sync.

If this isn't the problem- check to see what services are running, and then you can assess which might be problematic
 
JTG81
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvation27 View Post
Do you have a sd card in your device?

There's a problem called "Media Scanner," don't know if this is the issue you've been having- however I had it at first. Was able to get rid of it tho!
I had all my music on my SD Card (40GB) and it constantly scanned/ tried to sync.

If this isn't the problem- check to see what services are running, and then you can assess which might be problematic
I do have an sd card installed but I dont think its that it seems to be a gmail account syncing but I have all accounts disabled in settings heres a screen shot of the gallery settings with syncing seemingly active
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1361572079218.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	1752601  
 
JTG81
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney
Apologies for bumping this but I still cant remove my gmail account from the gallery in jelly bean I dont see why its there and why it cant be removed see attchment in above post. I did remove the account in settings but its directly linked to android market and I dont see why it need tok be there anyone got any ideas thanks.
 
LexusBrian400
Old
#5  
LexusBrian400's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 1,119
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG81 View Post
Apologies for bumping this but I still cant remove my gmail account from the gallery in jelly bean I dont see why its there and why it cant be removed see attchment in above post. I did remove the account in settings but its directly linked to android market and I dont see why it need tok be there anyone got any ideas thanks.

Make sure ur google account is set not to sync picasa. Then
Go to the gallery app in SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS. Then clear cache and data. Should be good to go.
Beesley on IRC





Follow me on Twitter - TheRealBeesley
 
JTG81
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusBrian400 View Post
Make sure ur google account is set not to sync picasa. Then
Go to the gallery app in SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS. Then clear cache and data. Should be good to go.
Thanks for the reply dont have picasa so not a problem I've disabled sync for everything but contacts under google and cleared the cache and data, but for some reason my google account is sitting in in the gallery settings menu with a highlighted sync symbol next too it. Although I am unsure if it will sync anything I would just like it gone all the same.
Thanks.
 
supernoctem
Old
#7  
supernoctem's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pretoria
Default Re: [Q] what is the gallery app syncing to and from and how do I turn it of

Also check your cloud settings under device settings, there might be something there syncing your photos. I had Dropbox in there.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app
 
JTG81
Old
(Last edited by JTG81; 25th February 2013 at 09:58 AM.) Reason: spelling
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoctem View Post
Also check your cloud settings under device settings, there might be something there syncing your photos. I had Dropbox in there.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app
Yeah have dropbox but sync is off and folders removed from gallery, dont no its just my google account I assume its sitting in everyone elses gallery settings like that right? See attachment above
 
supernoctem
Old
#9  
supernoctem's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pretoria
Default Re: [Q] what is the gallery app syncing to and from and how do I turn it of

Under Accounts, Google Account, make sure "Sync Picasa Web Albums" is disabled. Then clear the Gallary cache and Data in Application Manager.

Worked for me.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app
 
JTG81
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 165
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoctem View Post
Under Accounts, Google Account, make sure "Sync Picasa Web Albums" is disabled. Then clear the Gallary cache and Data in Application Manager.

Worked for me.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app
Ive read about people having picasa sync problems, I cantmfind anything related to picasa on this tablet is it a preinstalled thing or is it only there if you install picasa?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more