[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V5.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash to Stock

20th February 2013, 04:08 AM   |  #401  
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 61

651 posts
More
Im stuck in modified TWRP
I used billard412's Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset (FINAL LJC)

I wiped flashed file but it keeps booting into the modified TWRP RECOVERY? Stuck at this point.

Anyone have any ideas?

I was on TWRP 2.4.1 Newest version
MA5 Stock Deodexed MA5 Firmwares

OK Now a little freaked out. I can't get to billard412's file or any of my back ups because they were on my external sd card!!!! I hate trying to learn new stuff (old dog)
I'm so used to HTC and when I think I have a grasp of Sammy I F&ck it up!

I think the internal card is ok.

Oh yeah and my back ups on PC are gone because of hard drive crash! FFFFUUUUDDDDGGGGEEEE!!!!!!!

Any help to get me back to where I was before I flashed this thing would be very much appreciated. Hell I'll take a bootable ROM of any kind. Sweating bullets!

I have the mskips 3.0 toolkit can that help? I scared ****less to do anything!

Can i use the tool kit to get back to unrooted stock with a TWRP recovery? That's the main reason i was scared to use the tool kit because it only mentions an unrooting option with CWM.
Last edited by ceabbott2; 20th February 2013 at 04:11 AM.
20th February 2013, 06:08 AM   |  #402  
Flag New England
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Sprint Build JZO54K-AMA7
I made the stupid mistake of taking a software update not thinking it would change the firmware/build. I am now at JZO54K-AMA7. Would the last build for Sprint in the toolkit still work or should I wait until the toolkit officially supports the above? Thanks as well for the toolkit. Awesome to have a one-stop shop!
20th February 2013, 10:30 AM   |  #403  
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 243

719 posts
More
Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to S
When flashing this file which is the only one that will take you back to stock ljc safely from lk8 and up.... You can't wipe dalvick cache or cache after the file or it'll put you back in recovery choose to reboot after it says complete then it'll reboot to the special recovery where it will flash the critical stuff. Then you'll be 100% stock ljc.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to simple man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 10:51 AM   |  #404  
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 61

651 posts
More
You talking to me? :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man

When flashing this file which is the only one that will take you back to stock ljc safely from lk8 and up.... You can't wipe dalvick cache or cache after the file or it'll put you back in recovery choose to reboot after it says complete then it'll reboot to the special recovery where it will flash the critical stuff. Then you'll be 100% stock ljc.

Hey Simple Man,

Um were you talking to me or the other poster? If it was me how do I get this modified version of TWRP to see the external card? It won't let me choose it and my backups and the original billard412 file is there? If I can just somehow mount the external sd or push another vrsion of TWRP I could get it to flash any of my other files, even retry the billard412 file. Stuck!
20th February 2013, 11:06 AM   |  #405  
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 243

719 posts
More
Re: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceabbott2

Hey Simple Man,

Um were you talking to me or the other poster? If it was me how do I get this modified version of TWRP to see the external card? It won't let me choose it and my backups and the original billard412 file is there? If I can just somehow mount the external sd or push another vrsion of TWRP I could get it to flash any of my other files, even retry the billard412 file. Stuck!

When I use twrp it'll let me flash from ext sd so I'm not sure what's going on there, but I would try to hook your phone to the pc and select mount ( not sure of exact title of the internal sd) maybe /sdcard0, then drag a copy from your pc to the phones internal sd card unmount from pc then flash it.

20th February 2013, 04:22 PM   |  #406  
Flag New England
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
@ simple man, your response two posts up was regarding my concern?
22nd February 2013, 01:21 AM   |  #407  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
More
I am assuming that the update release a couple days ago for the phone will not allow it to be rooted using this method anymore?

I want to root my Note 2, however I am worried if I do root it, I will still be constantly nagged to update my phone.
22nd February 2013, 09:38 AM   |  #408  
Thanks Meter: 24

297 posts
Hi All,

Having an issue going back to stock. I've tried to do as much homework as possible, but please forgive me if it's been covered. I've read the 40 pages of this thread and seem to be doing everything fine. I had no issues rooting with the toolkit, unrooting is proving harder.

I'm on LJC, with TWRP

I'm using Tookit 3.2.0

Option 42

Option 2

Option 7

I've tried both applying update from SD card and (option 1) and sideloading (option 2)

Both actually flash OK from what it seems. Option 1 gives no errors. Option 2 I go into sideload mode in TWRP and it seems to flash.

I still have SU (SuperSU) and still have TWRP. [EDIT] I did flash option 6 and got the stock recovery.

I went ahead and tried to apply the OTA update and it tried] to open TWRP and then had a black screen with just white text on the bottom saying it was flashing the OTA from the /cache/blahblah location.

I'm trying to do this without wiping data... is that even possible? If not I'm downloading the stock LJC rom to flash (option 8)... I'm assuming that's a complete re-format that takes it back to 100% factory minus the internal storage being wiped?

Not sure what to do from here.

EDIT

Well looks like I'll have to flash back completely to stock. I got it back to stock recovery but still rooted. Since I stupidly flashed the OTA update before unrooting/factory recovery I am now stuck on LJC and the OTA update is nowhere to be found. Update Samsung Software says I'm upto date.
Last edited by poor_red_neck; 22nd February 2013 at 10:10 AM.
22nd February 2013, 09:12 PM   |  #409  

297 posts
Ok.... what have I done....

I got it back to stock no problem. Stock Odin flash, stock recovery.

Downloaded and installed MA7 update.

Tried to re-root with insecure + TWRP.

TWRP is back on the phone now, but I cannot get root. I've tried SuperSU and superuser.

What's weird is my kernel is not MA7... I'm guessing that's from TWRP?

Any ideas? I'm going to flash back to stock again, redownload the update.

Just for clarification, which options exactly should I choose under toolkit 3.2.0?

Option 42 -> Option 2 -> Which one? I tried Option 3, as that's what I did the first time and got root. Did sideload. With MA7 I tried sideload and flash via recovery (since the first failed attempt did get TWRP onto the phone).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-16-06-40[1].jpg
Views:	871
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1752413  
22nd February 2013, 09:33 PM   |  #410  

297 posts
Well now I'm really stuck...

I downloaded using option 8 the stock image... first time I flashed it a few steps back it was fine. Not it fails every time.

Now I'm really stuck... I swear guys I'm not a complete newb... been flashing phones since my Samsung Instinct.... NEVER "bricked" a phone. Granted this isn't a brick situation... I've never screwed up to the point where my phone is unusable.

I really don't know what else to do. I feel like I'm just making things worst.

Only saving grace is I CAN get into download mode.... however the stock image downloaded from the toolkit is failing. MD5 passes, drivers are not an issue. Out of ideas. Can somebody please help me out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	failed_odin.JPG
Views:	873
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1752450  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread