Post Reply

Stylus for nook hd+?

23rd January 2013, 09:33 PM   |  #11  
dbh369's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 102
 
732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarthenal

I've been using the amPen one as well, and it's quite useful for highlighting and general tapping. It doesn't work so well with Write (as you pointed out) for me either. Where are you ordering the jot pro from?

Write's most recent update greatly improved performance with my amPen. Very happy with that now, except that all these are still like writing with a crayon. I ordered the Jot Pro with Amazon, and should get a look at it today!
The Following User Says Thank You to dbh369 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2013, 01:32 AM   |  #12  
dbh369's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 102
 
732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Re: Stylus for nook hd+?
Ok, finally got my jot pro, wow, almost like writing with a pen. A little noisy. Not as sensitive as the am pen. With Write I find I can now make the small stroke required for writing. But I find Write its a little laggy on stroke presentation. Free Note is faster, maybe because it isn't trying to make svg files. I may be able to get used to both of them, but leaning to free note.. With the jot pro I can prove my touchscreen needs calibration since you can see right where the tip is going. Up and to the left about an eighth of an inch.

Sent from my BNTV600 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to dbh369 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2013, 03:00 AM   |  #13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbh369

Ok, finally got my jot pro, wow, almost like writing with a pen. A little noisy. Not as sensitive as the am pen. With Write I find I can now make the small stroke required for writing. But I find Write its a little laggy on stroke presentation. Free Note is faster, maybe because it isn't trying to make svg files. I may be able to get used to both of them, but leaning to free note.. With the jot pro I can prove my touchscreen needs calibration since you can see right where the tip is going. Up and to the left about an eighth of an inch.

Sent from my BNTV600 using xda app-developers app

Wow, sounds good. Although a lot of the reviews on Amazon mention the micro-scratches this thing causes. see, http://www.amazon.com/Adonit-Dampeni...dp_ob_title_ce

Are you using a screen protector of some sort?
30th January 2013, 05:53 PM   |  #14  
dbh369's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 102
 
732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Re: Stylus for nook hd+?
Yep, going to try a few. Caseen glossy right now. Like I said sensitivity is a slight issue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 02:37 PM   |  #15  
dbh369's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 102
 
732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Re: Stylus for nook hd+?
Still liking the jot pro, wish it had a pocket clip, and being magnetic isn't a big deal for me. But by far the best writing implement I've tried.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using xda app-developers app
14th April 2013, 07:07 AM   |  #16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Latency
My cousin was drawing some sonic characters on her ipad mini and I realized what a Joy it was to draw on the ipad, the latency was nonexistent. Is there a way to remedy the latency seen with sketchbook pro on the nook hd+? It's not THAT bad but I wish It could be reduced just like the ipad, maybe it's just not possible, ehh it's bearable but It would be nice to show you guys the comparison..
Last edited by jmstrat; 14th April 2013 at 07:19 AM.
20th November 2013, 12:53 PM   |  #17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstrat

My cousin was drawing some sonic characters on her ipad mini and I realized what a Joy it was to draw on the ipad, the latency was nonexistent. Is there a way to remedy the latency seen with sketchbook pro on the nook hd+? It's not THAT bad but I wish It could be reduced just like the ipad, maybe it's just not possible, ehh it's bearable but It would be nice to show you guys the comparison..

I need one for some pdf editing, doing notes and stuff.
With my bare fingers its too hard to hit the right spots and also it looks terrible.

Any advice guys?
21st November 2013, 07:41 AM   |  #18  
felacio's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salem
Thanks Meter: 928
 
2,066 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarthenal

Wow, sounds good. Although a lot of the reviews on Amazon mention the micro-scratches this thing causes. see, http://www.amazon.com/Adonit-Dampeni...dp_ob_title_ce

Are you using a screen protector of some sort?

I was worried about the microscratches as well and I had heard from several different places that it happens on the Nook HD+

I have a screen protector on it though and I don't notice any marks.
7th January 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #19  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by riboswitch

I need one for some pdf editing, doing notes and stuff.
With my bare fingers its too hard to hit the right spots and also it looks terrible.

Any advice guys?

push
16th January 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
PDF Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPresident

Hi,

The format of most of the documents I will be using is .pdf, and i'd like to be able to write free hand over the .pdf. and then hide or show what i have written, +/- highlighting.

thanks

One program I really like and am getting to know better is, RepliGo. Its a PDF reader that allow you to edit, highlight, underline, etc. You can find it in the google play store. Its $2.99 if memory serves me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stylus nook hd+ studying notes
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes