XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

Tip us?

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3822

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Data Throttling (Unlimited plan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhantomX View Post
The other possibility from what I've Goggled is that it's the APN. They use a specific APN setting that allows them to detect tethering. How or which APN setting is beyond me at the moment.
Ok I'll look into that APN thing. Thanx for the info..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

[How To][Guide] Att Apn List

Krustee Kreme™
Old
Thanks Meter 2

There are so many threads regarding this issue, but yet there are no successful stories of either bypassing it. I guess we are at all loss.

Bajanman
Old
Thanks Meter 3822

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krustee Kreme™ View Post
There are so many threads regarding this issue, but yet there are no successful stories of either bypassing it. I guess we are at all loss.
I'm still digging. There's a VPN tunnel that can b used. Changing the apn to a specific one! Couple of example's, ummm I'm just trying to narrow it down to one thing that will work. B4 I say anything!
Just my 2˘

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

privatewarrior1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Don't have VV installed, but I also got the tether message after tethering my laptop and iPad to it. Could it be the VV service, itself?
Does it say they will switch your plan? If you got the text then they have sent you an email as well.
Are you gonna call them or wait it out?

flyup
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default att forcing you to buy new services for going over 5GB

I received the throttle text AND an email saying that I would be automatically enrolled into a WiFi plan. WTF is going on ATT? I pay $88.00 a month for your "unlimited data" plan and you are going to automatically enroll me into a 5GB for $50.00 plus $10.00 for each additional GB.

What cellular service has true unlimited data plans these days?

://dl.dropbox.com/u/35316010/att_email.png - for email image.

ATT sux.

privatewarrior1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
I've hit 150GB throttled half-way through my monthly billing cycle. (My passive-aggressive way of trying to annoy AT&T.) Hitting 300GB isn't that hard unthrottled...if you're constantly downloading.
did you ever get a message from att before?

Bajanman
Old
Thanks Meter 3822

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyup View Post
I received the throttle text AND an email saying that I would be automatically enrolled into a WiFi plan. WTF is going on ATT? I pay $88.00 a month for your "unlimited data" plan and you are going to automatically enroll me into a 5GB for $50.00 plus $10.00 for each additional GB.

What cellular service has true unlimited data plans these days?

://dl.dropbox.com/u/35316010/att_emailATT sux.
You must have got that msg for tethering! yeah I know it's BS..
Ok AT&T is the fastest.
But unlimited unlimited= Sprint, US cellular, Verizon, Metro. But keep this in mind tho. AT&T is the only service that you can b on the phone and the net, or sending mms on a phone call with no problems. My girl can't do it when we're talking. She's on Verizon & me AT&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatewarrior1 View Post
I think he mention that they haven't sent him anything. Don't quote me tho. No msg is a good thing. Imo

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flyup
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman View Post
You must have got that msg for tethering! yeah I know it's BS..
Ok AT&T is the fastest.
But unlimited unlimited= Sprint, US cellular, Verizon, Metro. But keep this in mind tho. AT&T is the only service that you can b on the phone and the net, or sending mms on a phone call with no problems. My girl can't do it when we're talking. She's on Verizon & me AT&T.

I think he mention that they haven't sent him anything. Don't quote me tho. No msg is a good thing. Imo

I called and cursed at Charles – AT&T ID cs082f - I know it's not his fault but maybe if we all call up and raise hell the peons will go tell their supervisors, and the supervisors will tell their bosses and the bosses will email corporate and corporate will summon the executives---- awww never-mind.

What we gotta do is come up with a good hack to bypass their throttle.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlackPhantomX
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Does it say they will switch your plan? If you got the text then they have sent you an email as well.
Are you gonna call them or wait it out?
Yes, they sent me the e-mail, then text the next day. I called them the day I got the e-mail. They said it's just a warning and I have until the end of the month to "stop whatever's causing the tethering." I pretty much played dumb and told them I may have toggled something on for tethering, and since I live in an apartment complex, someone must be hopping onto my phone's wifi hotspot without my knowledge and I will try to figure out how to toggle the switch off. They suggested it may be an app that's causing it, so I said I'll "investigate."

Quote:
No. The only time I ever got the e-mail and text was when I was really tethering, though it took them a few weeks to figure it out. Probably because I hopped on game to see if the 20mbps-50mbps speeds the speedtest app was telling me I had by bypassing the throttle was really telling the truth. So, more than likely the fact the game used a non-80 or 8080 port was a dead giveaway...though I also use the uTorrent app on my phone, which uses non-80 or 8080 ports, so it's a bit confusing.

Bajanman
Old
Thanks Meter 3822

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyup View Post
I called and cursed at Charles – AT&T ID cs082f - I know it's not his fault but maybe if we all call up and raise hell the peons will go tell their supervisors, and the supervisors will tell their bosses and the bosses will email corporate and corporate will summon the executives---- awww never-mind.

What we gotta do is come up with a good hack to bypass their throttle.
+1 Lmao
lol