[Celkon A200] TWRP touch recovery+ Rooting process

Search This thread

Shrihari007

Apr 17, 2012
Hi guys, this is the working clockwork mod(touch)+root for celkon a200 device:
Steps:
* turn on USB debugging mode and connect the handset
*download the root unroot tool
(for further rooting guide visit: "http://www.droidiser.com/2013/01/how-to-root-celkon-a200.html"
*now download the recovery file
*install mobile uncle mtk tools from android market
*copy the downloaded recovery file in internal mmc
*open mobileuncle tool and select recovery-->file-->recovery.twp
*press ok..

Wait for phone to reboot...

Links:

root unroot tool:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycd0tr536xa7gch

Use Win7/xp/8 for good usage

TWRP Recovery:

http://content.wuala.com/contents/j...M 432/recovery_img/recoveryTW2.3.2.3.img?dl=1

CWM recovery:

http://content.wuala.com/contents/j...ouch KEM 432/recovery_img/recovery6.img/?dl=1

For mobile uncle tool:

Android Market..

For unrooting and gaining warranty select unroot option in root-unroot tool
Errors:

If your handset is not recognized, then install adb drivers(Google it for how to install)

Post here for any errors

Guys Please Press me Thanks If I've helped you...... It encourages me for further development

Last edited:

ManishGade

Jul 21, 2011
Mumbai
Victory

Trying to build a Custom ROM for the device...may be will be ready within a week...Stay tuned for updates..

Hoo Hoo.. Cheers!!!!! I am happy that some one has recognized the potential of this great handset.. This is actually better than MMX A110... Come on Shrihari sir... All the Best .. :victory: I am following u on this thread as well as on Gogi.com.. Thanks

Reactions: Shrihari007

Shrihari007

Apr 17, 2012
Reactions: ManishGade
Incorrect Battery percentage problem....

can anyone help me fix this incorrect battery percentage problem.......it shows wrong battery status and a restart is required to set it.....if anybody had the same problem please help me fix it...

Shrihari007

Apr 17, 2012
can anyone help me fix this incorrect battery percentage problem.......it shows wrong battery status and a restart is required to set it.....if anybody had the same problem please help me fix it...

for incorrect battery problem install the above said clockworkmod and delete the battery stats in it or download a battery calibration app from market
(warning : phone must be rooted for both operations)

Shrihari007

Apr 17, 2012
I did battery calibration but the problem still persists....

Try this

Instructions:
It's best to complete this procedure in the evening before going to bed, so you can leave it at 100% overnight and check in the morning if the drainage issue is fixed!!!
The whole procedure along with recalibration might take up to 5-6 hours!

1. Take the case off your Atrix (one of the latter steps involves taking the battery out from the phone while it's plugged in. Make sure your case won't stand in the way.)

2. Install Battery Calibration app from the market

3. Plug in your Atrix to charge while it's on, wait till it gets to a 100%

4. When the charge is 100%, open the BatteryCalibration app and lookup what the charge is in MV while at 100%. (Explanatory pic, needed number circled in red). Write it down.
My Atrix was showing ~3400MV while at 100%, which is definitely not the maximum capacity.

5. Discharge your Atrix completely until it shuts off.
A good way of doing this quickly is by turning on wifi, and a video player.

6. Without turning on the phone plug it into a wall charger and let it get to 100%

7. When it's at 100%, without unplugging it from the wall charger, take off the battery cover, and take the battery out.
Your phone will "reboot" and show a Missing Battery icon.

8. Without unplugging the phone from the wall charger or turning it on, put the battery back in and wait until the phone recognizes the battery.

9. Your battery should now be recognized by the phone, and showing a charge % significantly lower than 100%.
Mine showed only 5%. Back when I used a Milestone, it usually showed 60% after doing this.

10. Let it sit there charging for 2-3 hours.
My phone wouldn't charge past 10%, but yours might. The numbers don't matter much as the phone is definitely getting additional charge that could have been lost while flashing ROMs, etc.

11. After 2-3 hours, turn the phone on while holding the volume down button and get into CWM.
Do not disconnect it from the charger still!

12. Install jug6ernaut's CWM battery fix (even if you had it installed before), do not reboot yet.

13. Wipe battery stats in CWM, reboot.

14. When the phone turns on, go into BatteryCalibration app again and look up your MV numbers
- if you were like me, they should be significantly higher than before. After this whole process I had 4200MV at 100%, comparing to 3400MV before calibration.

15. Before going to sleep - Install Watchdog from the market. Go into it's preferences, set CPU threshhold to 20%, check "Include phone processes", check "Monitor phone processes", check "Display all phone processes", set system CPU threshhold to 20% as well.

16. Make sure your wifi and data connections are off. Now finally unplug the phone from the charger.
Go to bed, let your phone sleep too.

17. Success! Next morning check where your battery % is at and if you followed the instructions correctly / got lucky like me, your battery life should be 90% or more.
I went to bed with 98% and woke up to 94%. So, I consider this mission a success.
(Your general battery capacity should have increased, even if something still was draining the battery, you will be able to find the infringing process in WatchDog with the settings we've set up in step 15 )

Also calibration+wiping battery stats more or less the same thing

Last edited:

Shrihari007

Apr 17, 2012
Hurray...Rom development is totally Completed....Is in debugging mode...will use it for three days and if no problems found then surely will upload....

Reactions: ManishGade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, this is the working clockwork mod(touch)+root for celkon a200 device:
    Steps:
    * turn on USB debugging mode and connect the handset
    *download the root unroot tool
    (for further rooting guide visit: "http://www.droidiser.com/2013/01/how-to-root-celkon-a200.html"
    *now download the recovery file
    *install mobile uncle mtk tools from android market
    *copy the downloaded recovery file in internal mmc
    *open mobileuncle tool and select recovery-->file-->recovery.twp
    *press ok..

Wait for phone to reboot...

Links:

root unroot tool:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycd0tr536xa7gch

Use Win7/xp/8 for good usage

TWRP Recovery:

http://content.wuala.com/contents/j...M 432/recovery_img/recoveryTW2.3.2.3.img?dl=1

CWM recovery:

http://content.wuala.com/contents/j...ouch KEM 432/recovery_img/recovery6.img/?dl=1

For mobile uncle tool:

Android Market..

For unrooting and gaining warranty select unroot option in root-unroot tool
    Errors:

If your handset is not recognized, then install adb drivers(Google it for how to install)

Post here for any errors

Guys Please Press me Thanks If I've helped you...... It encourages me for further development
    Custom Rom Development Resumed...(Found solution for the problem after a very hard research)...

Will come out With a ROM soon...
    I did battery calibration but the problem still persists....

Try this

Instructions:
    It's best to complete this procedure in the evening before going to bed, so you can leave it at 100% overnight and check in the morning if the drainage issue is fixed!!!
    The whole procedure along with recalibration might take up to 5-6 hours!

1. Take the case off your Atrix (one of the latter steps involves taking the battery out from the phone while it's plugged in. Make sure your case won't stand in the way.)

2. Install Battery Calibration app from the market

3. Plug in your Atrix to charge while it's on, wait till it gets to a 100%

4. When the charge is 100%, open the BatteryCalibration app and lookup what the charge is in MV while at 100%. (Explanatory pic, needed number circled in red). Write it down.
    My Atrix was showing ~3400MV while at 100%, which is definitely not the maximum capacity.

5. Discharge your Atrix completely until it shuts off.
    A good way of doing this quickly is by turning on wifi, and a video player.

6. Without turning on the phone plug it into a wall charger and let it get to 100%

7. When it's at 100%, without unplugging it from the wall charger, take off the battery cover, and take the battery out.
    Your phone will "reboot" and show a Missing Battery icon.

8. Without unplugging the phone from the wall charger or turning it on, put the battery back in and wait until the phone recognizes the battery.

9. Your battery should now be recognized by the phone, and showing a charge % significantly lower than 100%.
    Mine showed only 5%. Back when I used a Milestone, it usually showed 60% after doing this.

10. Let it sit there charging for 2-3 hours.
    My phone wouldn't charge past 10%, but yours might. The numbers don't matter much as the phone is definitely getting additional charge that could have been lost while flashing ROMs, etc.

11. After 2-3 hours, turn the phone on while holding the volume down button and get into CWM.

12. Install jug6ernaut's CWM battery fix (even if you had it installed before), do not reboot yet.

13. Wipe battery stats in CWM, reboot.

14. When the phone turns on, go into BatteryCalibration app again and look up your MV numbers
    - if you were like me, they should be significantly higher than before. After this whole process I had 4200MV at 100%, comparing to 3400MV before calibration.

15. Before going to sleep - Install Watchdog from the market. Go into it's preferences, set CPU threshhold to 20%, check "Include phone processes", check "Monitor phone processes", check "Display all phone processes", set system CPU threshhold to 20% as well.

16. Make sure your wifi and data connections are off. Now finally unplug the phone from the charger.
    Go to bed, let your phone sleep too.

17. Success! Next morning check where your battery % is at and if you followed the instructions correctly / got lucky like me, your battery life should be 90% or more.
    I went to bed with 98% and woke up to 94%. So, I consider this mission a success.
    (Your general battery capacity should have increased, even if something still was draining the battery, you will be able to find the infringing process in WatchDog with the settings we've set up in step 15 )

Also calibration+wiping battery stats more or less the same thing