How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Screen resolution problem

OP Soreng

19th February 2013, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
The first pic is from my tablet, the second one is from my friends.
Look at the point of the pen and the paper beneath. Maybe its not so visuable on the picture but its very obvious with the naked eye. Any idea of what might have happend with my tablet? Its like my resolution gone down to 800x600.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	1743221   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 2013-02-19 15 13 06.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	1743222  
19th February 2013, 03:29 PM   |  #2  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soreng

The first pic is from my tablet, the second one is from my friends.
Look at the point of the pen and the paper beneath. Maybe its not so visuable on the picture but its very obvious with the naked eye. Any idea of what might have happend with my tablet? Its like my resolution gone down to 800x600.

Are you stock ROM, have you done any MODS to the unit or are you running any tweaking apps?


.
19th February 2013, 04:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
i upgraded to JB 4.1.1 manually through odin except that nothing. And what do you mean with tweaking apps? Any example?
19th February 2013, 04:32 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,428
 
23,044 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
With all your problems try a factory reset .

jje
20th February 2013, 04:48 PM   |  #5  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soreng

The first pic is from my tablet, the second one is from my friends.
Look at the point of the pen and the paper beneath. Maybe its not so visuable on the picture but its very obvious with the naked eye. Any idea of what might have happend with my tablet? Its like my resolution gone down to 800x600.

What is the model number of this unit?

Have you ever changed the wallpaper?

Did you install any apps that could change the tablets resolution like DPI Changer, System Control pro or anything like these apps?

Have you tried factory reset?

Have you tried reloading the current ROM, switch to new ROM or re-flash the original factory ROM?

.
20th February 2013, 09:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Sv: [Q] Screen resolution problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

What is the model number of this unit?

Have you ever changed the wallpaper?

Did you install any apps that could change the tablets resolution like DPI Changer, System Control pro or anything like these apps?

Have you tried factory reset?

Have you tried reloading the current ROM, switch to new ROM or re-flash the original factory ROM?

.

Gt-n8010 (wifi)

I changed wallpaper yes. No change when i change it again still crappy resolution.

No apps like that, no.

Havent tried factory reset, not sure how to backup my material in a good way...

And no i havent reloaded the rom either, iam not very informed on how to do this. I will try factory reset and let yiu know how it goes

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #7  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Change wallpaper again.....

This time do home and lock screens

then chose wallpapers folder not gallery

Then choose one of the factory wallpapers and hit set wallpaper

Then let us know how it looks.

Oh, one more thing... do a screen capture and then open it from your computer and see if it looks the same as your tablet screen


.
Last edited by kkretch; 20th February 2013 at 09:55 PM.
24th February 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

Change wallpaper again.....

This time do home and lock screens

then chose wallpapers folder not gallery

Then choose one of the factory wallpapers and hit set wallpaper

Then let us know how it looks.

Oh, one more thing... do a screen capture and then open it from your computer and see if it looks the same as your tablet screen


.

Ive changed wallpapers, didnt work.

I did factory reset just now, didnt work same problem remains..

I did a screen capture though, and opened it on my computer, i think it does look a little bit better on the screenshot than on the tablet screen actually. Any idea?
24th February 2013, 07:26 PM   |  #9  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 418
 
896 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soreng

Ive changed wallpapers, didnt work.

I did factory reset just now, didnt work same problem remains..

I did a screen capture though, and opened it on my computer, i think it does look a little bit better on the screenshot than on the tablet screen actually. Any idea?

I think it maybe time to call Samsung customer support.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes