Cruzerlite Androidified Case for the Nexus 7 now available

27th September 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 52

411 posts
More
no one is really freaking out here. I thought we were having a pretty good conversation. no cursing out or anything
The Following User Says Thank You to Element515 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 81

295 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSpeed

Do you work for Cruzerlite? You seem bothered by my opinion of their pricing. $19.90 is too much for a TPU case. I also think $499 is an outrageous price for a tablet (iPad3). Doesn't bother me one bit if you think Cruzerlite cases are worth $100 or you think iPads are a bargain. People have varying opinions about everything.

No worries. I was just trying to understand what the idea behind your thought process. It is fair to say it is on the high end of tpu but some people buy $60 and $ 80 cases. I think that no one case is right for all people. If you are happy with the $3-10 then I think this is not a bad thing. I have no problem with a lower cost option and am glad that they have them out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidguy987 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #73  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 908

6,825 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidguy987

No worries. I was just trying to understand what the idea behind your thought process. It is fair to say it is on the high end of tpu but some people buy $60 and $ 80 cases. I think that no one case is right for all people. If you are happy with the $3-10 then I think this is not a bad thing. I have no problem with a lower cost option and am glad that they have them out there.

Agreed. You and I may know the difference, but I try to explain the difference between average readers. There is a difference and cruzerlite always has really good deals for those that are serious buyers. A Cruzer case for a phone is around $10 and a tablet is about $20. Given the difference in area and 2 or 3 times the material, the price is logical. I have a white one and it was only $14.xx directly from their site. Given the choice of $8 for the cheapo amazon version I have or the Cruzer, I'd pay a few more dollars and get something nice.

The cheapo cases are great for something quick and cheap, but not longevity IMO.
28th September 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 42

263 posts
does it come with a screen protector?

im using a nilkin the quality is excellent and comes with a screen protector, a big tape to remove dust, for $12 shipped from hong kong to canada

i ordered a cruzerlite, it has been almost 2 weeks and has been stuck in miami for a week alrdy according to the tracking page on usps.com, and i paid $31 including the shipping

hope its quality is $19 better than the nilkin im using

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
28th September 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 13

32 posts
Just wanted to chime in here because I did a review for an Androidified case in the past. Yes, it's more expensive than your $1-3 TPU case. What you're paying for is a quality product meaning:
  • More precise cutouts - Some TPU cases that I've purchased simply don't match up with the buttons or make it hard to push a button.
  • Design - Most people will say that the design looks better than your normal every day TPU case.
  • Customer Service - Some eBay sellers are great, but I'd prefer to deal with these guys.

Whether or not that's worth the extra cost is up to you, but let others be the judge of whether or not the cost is worth it to them.
28th September 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 1,311

2,665 posts
Well said Kryptos. I can't believe how many people are so against spending a little extra money on such a beautiful tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
29th September 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #77  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 137

442 posts
So I bought a cruzerlite N7 case off Ebay from a person who is also posting in this thread. The quality is the same the generic S wave and X pattern cases. I have a X pattern case for my HP Touchpad and a S wave case for my wife's Nokia phone. The Cruzerlite case has the same quality as the argyle style cases for various devices on eBay (which i bought several over the years for previous devices). You're paying extra for their design.
Last edited by HKSpeed; 29th September 2012 at 01:10 AM.
29th September 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 64

868 posts
More
They look good but why can't they have the buttons covered. If done right it makes for a much better experience then the cutouts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
20th February 2013, 04:52 PM   |  #79  
Flag http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield
Thanks Meter: 38

123 posts
More
It looks like a nice case - very stylish and shows off the brand. I appreciate the style and that it's well made and I really want one, maybe two - one bright colored, one basic black/gray - But I refuse to pay $20. I might go as high as $10-12 + shipping ~$15 price would be very tempting, even in a market where I've seen comparable tpu cases for $5 shipped. If Cruzerlite has a decent sale or coupon code, etc then I'm in. For now I'm looking at the more reasonably priced offerings - and there are tons.
20th February 2013, 08:40 PM   |  #80  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 180

729 posts
More
Re: Cruzerlite Androidified Case for the Nexus 7 now available
Ordered a couple cases from cruzerlite for my gs3 and I absolutely loved them. Not only that but when there sad an let mix up they took full responsibility and more than made up for it. I will definitely be ordering a case from them for my N7 in the next couple of weeks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread