Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Team Kernelizers][How To][VZW][TK Mod 2.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks - Updated 8-5-13

Tip us?

luis86dr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,591
Default Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To] KT747 Kernel Tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers_exe View Post
Yea, I was originally at about -60 at each step, checked the cpu and found I had a fast one, now I'm at almost -100. Have you tried his latest kernel?

Sent from my TPR GS3 backed by Team Kernelizers
Yeah, running his latest. Going to see how this voltage table I have now runs.

MMag05
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Am I Crazy?

I see pages back a report of 4h44m of screen on time and it says it's with the stock battery. I have all the tweaks installed in this forum plus the usual things like syncing off and brightness set low. I never see anything over 3h15m off screen on time. How in the world are you doing that? On a side note thanks for these tweaks they have definitely made my phone a lot more smooth if anything just haven't really helped with battery life.

steve97ta
Old
Thanks Meter 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMag05 View Post
I see pages back a report of 4h44m of screen on time and it says it's with the stock battery. I have all the tweaks installed in this forum plus the usual things like syncing off and brightness set low. I never see anything over 3h15m off screen on time. How in the world are you doing that? On a side note thanks for these tweaks they have definitely made my phone a lot more smooth if anything just haven't really helped with battery life.
Everyone's usage and phone is going to be different. Most have seen an increase in battery life with these tweaks and setup.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
-Steve O

castle_bravo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,112

For those not following the Sprint tk thread these are the settings I've ironed out for Pegasus, after this run in going to mess with the freq rq, some people are stating that higher numbers here disables core 2 more frequently.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361376559188.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1746192   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361376570190.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1746193   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361376578559.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1746194   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361376589257.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1746195  
Goin nuts on this gs3

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kelton Rivas
Old
Thanks Meter 29

Castle, why did you choose row over Zen?

luis86dr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle_bravo View Post
For those not following the Sprint tk thread these are the settings I've ironed out for Pegasus, after this run in going to mess with the freq rq, some people are stating that higher numbers here disables core 2 more frequently.

Yeah, did some testing on that and confirmed it a few days ago. I found a good setup for me was

hot plug_rq_1_1 : 250
hot plug_rq_2_0 : 150

It does disable cpu1 much faster but we don't we want it disabling too fast on heavy loads.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luis86dr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crossxcalibur
Old
Thanks Meter 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve97ta View Post
Everyone's usage and phone is going to be different. Most have seen an increase in battery life with these tweaks and setup.

Are the phones different due to the kind of processor everyone may or may not have (fast, nominal, slow)? If so, is this the leading reason why some settings work for some, while for others they do not? Is this a testable theory? If it is, maybe we need to collaborate what kind of processor we have and then test settings accordingly to each. Mine is fast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Phone: LG G2
Rom: Stock 12b Rooted Lite.

castle_bravo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelton Rivas View Post
Castle, why did you choose row over Zen?

A couple reasons, while using ktoonservative I noticed that on heavy load I would see serious battery drain using Zen so I have an initial poor opinion of it. Second, and most important is this statement from the link posted on the op

Quote:
Run Queue: We know mutiple processes can run at once on our device. These active processes are placed in an array called a run queue along with their priority values. (Priority is used by the task scheduler to determine which process is to run next) To ensure each process has a fair share of resources, each one is run for some time period then paused and placed back into the run queue. When a program is stopped to let another run - the program with the highest priority in the run queue is then allowed to execute.
Row schedules tasks based on priorities with read operations placed over writes and quantums for fairness. My theory is tuning the scheduler to be as efficient as possible to help Pegasus (which uses a run queue based on priority) process what it needs to. This tuning and efficiency of the scheduler should help with battery life as well as performance. My goal has always been get as much battery life out of this device without sacrificing the experience. So I'm always aiming for battery saving but being just on the verge of lag, trying to stay on the low side of balanced.

Zen is very similar to noop and deadline, row is optimized to schedule tasks based on priority.

That's what I was thinking when I made that choice.

Goin nuts on this gs3

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

steve97ta
Old
Thanks Meter 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossxcalibur View Post
Are the phones different due to the kind of processor everyone may or may not have (fast, nominal, slow)? If so, is this the leading reason why some settings work for some, while for others they do not? Is this a testable theory? If it is, maybe we need to collaborate what kind of processor we have and then test settings accordingly to each. Mine is fast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Do a thread search for nominal CPU I know it's been posted how to tell which you have. I'm sure as time goes on these guys will have it tweaked for both. Just takes time testing. Like today I know I can hit 4 hours screen on time but I often charge before I get out of work. Listen to music, text and twitter often. Definitely better than stock so I'm happy.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361384281190.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1746488  
-Steve O

castle_bravo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis86dr View Post
Yeah, did some testing on that and confirmed it a few days ago. I found a good setup for me was

hot plug_rq_1_1 : 250
hot plug_rq_2_0 : 150

It does disable cpu1 much faster but we don't we want it disabling too fast on heavy loads.
Implemented your tweaks to freq rq and you weren't kidding, while watching ktweaker for a while, I also have other monitoring apps but don't have the time at the moment, I hardly ever saw core 2, charging for another run, all in all I'm liking Pegasus.

Goin nuts on this gs3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]