Sub Forum For Korean Note SHV-E160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Currently have just finished debloating, from 1Gb down to 600mb.
After removing a lot of junk and SMS testing I am now done for today.
Thanks to my useless ISP I can't do further research as my net is down,
I have a issue with flapjaxxx kernel I can't solve , first release may be OEM kernel, have not decided.
Patching of phone app is next. Full English on it's way.

sent from the Darkspr1te's lair

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Sure. But right now im far away from my personal pc. I promise you asap i will supprting you buddy.

Sent from my SHV-E160K using xda app-developers app

Many thanks, I really want to help this user, he has been a patient fellow.

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
Currently have just finished debloating, from 1Gb down to 600mb.
After removing a lot of junk and SMS testing I am now done for today.
Thanks to my useless ISP I can't do further research as my net is down,
I have a issue with flapjaxxx kernel I can't solve , first release may be OEM kernel, have not decided.
Patching of phone app is next. Full English on it's way.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Many thanks, I really want to help this user, he has been a patient fellow.

waiting for the release:)

yeah..he really loves his K Note, he wants to debrick it and make use of it again.. i wish i could be of help, my note is 16GB..

jecstrike

Feb 15, 2013
I have tried to fix the note 1 front cam issue using the oldnote rc2, but its not working in 9000lang ROM. can someone help me out here. Is there a specific fix for the 9000lang ROM front camera

sh3nd0

Guys I need your help.. My shv-e160k is using CM9 rc2.1 for 2 months, but then last week it won't boot up.. It's stuck on CM9 animation and every other seconds, it have sounds.. I can't access recovery using home+vol up+power button. So I flashed a stock rom using Odin 1.83 and failed 3 times so I tried using 1.85 and it work.. It has olleh boot animation now.. But it still stuck at olleh logo.. I really don't have any idea how to fix it.. Hope you can help me :eek:, btw, still can't access recovery.. I tried reflashing again in odin..it succeed but still stuck at olleh logo.. Waited for an hour now

I flashed HOME_E160k.UI24.2036_CL966809_REV02_user_low_ship..im from cm. 9.1.0-quincykt-KUKJIN-RC2.1

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

filothebest96

Jan 16, 2011
Guys I need your help.. My shv-e160k is using CM9 rc2.1 for 2 months, but then last week it won't boot up.. It's stuck on CM9 animation and every other seconds, it have sounds.. I can't access recovery using home+vol up+power button. So I flashed a stock rom using Odin 1.83 and failed 3 times so I tried using 1.85 and it work.. It has olleh boot animation now.. But it still stuck at olleh logo.. I really don't have any idea how to fix it.. Hope you can help me :eek:, btw, still can't access recovery.. I tried reflashing again in odin..it succeed but still stuck at olleh logo.. Waited for an hour now

I flashed HOME_E160k.UI24.2036_CL966809_REV02_user_low_ship..im from cm. 9.1.0-quincykt-KUKJIN-RC2.1

have you tried to flash another rom?

sh3nd0

have you tried to flash another rom?

Not yet, i dont know what other firmware to flash.. Just that official firmware, can you give me other rom to flash using odin please? Im from cm 9 rc2.1 then flashed to home e160 *** said above.. Still stuck in olleh logo and cant access recovery even though buttons are working..it just vibrate after galaxy note logo loads while holding 3 buttons then after i released, it just boot again till olleh logo then get stuck again:confused:

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Not yet, i dont know what other firmware to flash.. Just that official firmware, can you give me other rom to flash using odin please? Im from cm 9 rc2.1 then flashed to home e160 *** said above.. Still stuck in olleh logo and cant access recovery even though buttons are working..it just vibrate after galaxy note logo loads while holding 3 buttons then after i released, it just boot again till olleh logo then get stuck again:confused:

GOTO to the Korean root/dev thread, there you will find a cwm/twrp recovery flash for your device (be it a L S K ) and flash that, then go into recovery mode with this.
From power off, press vol up and vol down, then press power, when you feel a five, release power, when you see gfx, release Vol's
Once in the recovery do a factory reset

filothebest96

Jan 16, 2011
since I can not even respond to the development section I'll ask here.

if I have a s or k I can flash the rom whit links you put in the other thread?

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Repost of info from the other thread
This ROM has all the same patches I have applied to my copy of the ROM, as I still can't upload I suggest users plus this one until I can get my files online. ISP limited me to 10Kbs a sec upload, so my uploads keep timing out.
Links for L rom
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=269465&uk=4077164451

s/k ROM http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=269315&uk=4077164451

Boot image for s/k
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=269515&uk=4077164451
Boot image for L
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=269609&uk=4077164451

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

More from that thread
I finally downloaded those ROMs, they are a mess IMHO, no support for English, its jammed into using Google voice in Chinese , only thing I say that was us able was fact the dialer is in English fully.
Modem mods causing crashing all the time, its a heavy attempt at patching but the result is constant crashing. Even from clean status.
I don't recommend those ROMs, it says TAKE ROM, if so not up to the usual standard, but it has shown me what's needed to port the ROMs, I hope ,
will let you know in a few days of testing but if my theory is right, I can produce a s/k/l ROM with little effort. One d/l fits all.

Also I got a little confused, these post's are meant it be in the root/dev/Korean thread. If we can move further chatter on other ROMs to there, this is for my cherry ROM.

For Clarity

This thread On Koxda here mentions a group of roms, Patched with various files. some of the translation does not hint at reason or usage.
I've been testing most files that come up on koxda, a lot are a problem of late,

darksprite

Last edited:

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
ok i think is better wait for YOUR rom and i hope my model is an L

Right now i am just banging my head against the wall, i am watching a 10k/bs upload, it's painfull. well i am not waisting the time, i am trying different modems, i downloaded S/ K modems, i want to see the reactions, see what can be interchanged , what breaks and when.
if i can figure out what is common between the three devices and whats not, it will make patch's in the area of ~100mb, not 200++mb

also f i can figure out why the Koxda roms crash i will produce a patch, if only usable by the korean/chineese thats fine, my rom is aimed at english speakers/readers.

filothebest96

Jan 16, 2011
Right now i am just banging my head against the wall, i am watching a 10k/bs upload, it's painfull. well i am not waisting the time, i am trying different modems, i downloaded S/ K modems, i want to see the reactions, see what can be interchanged , what breaks and when.
if i can figure out what is common between the three devices and whats not, it will make patch's in the area of ~100mb, not 200++mb

also f i can figure out why the Koxda roms crash i will produce a patch, if only usable by the korean/chineese thats fine, my rom is aimed at english speakers/readers.

i was searching on koxda for rom's links but it's impossible to register in that site

what host have you choose for the upload?

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Right now using drop box, I am not at home in front of my desktop which has very good ADSL, I am away and using poor wimax 4g, when I say poor , the ISP visited 7 times and each time signal/speed got worse. Today I lost my sense of hurmor and I went up the ladder, I've trip pled my download speeds now, upload is at 14kbs, even though its not a great jump in speed its stable now, no constant drop outs.
Tomorrow I will fit a 1mtr lift on the wimax box and a pig tail antenna for wimax, its 7db stronger that the antenna in the box, once that's all in place I expect upload to get up to around 50kilobytes/s
I am also trying to upload to media fire and send space via another link, also slow.

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Ive updated my bricxfix links with media fire link too for those having issues on sendspace.com

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Hi all SHV-E160L Users, My JellyBean ROM is online,

See My Post

Reactions: zaidnajid

sh3nd0

GOTO to the Korean root/dev thread, there you will find a cwm/twrp recovery flash for your device (be it a L S K ) and flash that, then go into recovery mode with this.
From power off, press vol up and vol down, then press power, when you feel a five, release power, when you see gfx, release Vol's
Once in the recovery do a factory reset

Edit: hoho so that's how you enter the recovery. It's vol up and down, not home button and vol xD.. Just factory resetted and now it's finally working =) thanks Darksprite ;) you always help me with my Note.. You never failed me =D

Last edited:

faisal9k99

Nov 24, 2012
Islamabad
No Multi-window in 4.1.2 Official Update.

Just updated my SHV-E160L to official update 4.1.2 ... but ... it doesn't have the multi- window feature....

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
are you sure its 4.1.2?
what build is it?
can you post screenshots pls?
dissappointing to know that there is no multi window on the oficial jb..

Sent from my SHV-E160L using xda app-developers app

faisal9k99

Nov 24, 2012
Islamabad
are you sure its 4.1.2?
what build is it?
can you post screenshots pls?
dissappointing to know that there is no multi window on the oficial jb..

Sent from my SHV-E160L using xda app-developers app

Yes, I am sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-21-12-39-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-21-12-39-19.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts