5,606,465 Members 33,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

In ear earbuds WITH vol control AND mic

Tip us?

rawfa
Old
(Last edited by rawfa; 20th February 2013 at 01:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default In ear earbuds WITH vol control AND mic

I´ve read some similar threads on other phones´subforums but I´d like to hear from people here, as not all earbuds allow volume control on the HTC One X (I´ve tried the iphone earbuds and it could not control the volume on the HOX).

Basically I want an in ear earbud that will allow me to control the volume and has a mic. I will use them for running (since the phone is strapped to my arm in a case I cannot control the volume via phone) and every once in a while I accidentally rip the cord off. So, either is has to be cheap so I may replace them from time to time or more expensive but extremely resistant, I don´t want one of those that wraps around you head, since I would also like to use everyday and need to be able to stick them on my pocket.

Any advice?

noamsch6
Old
Thanks Meter 608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawfa View Post
I´ve read some similar threads on other phones´subforums but I´d like to hear from people here, as not all earbuds allow volume control on the HTC One X (I´ve tried the iphone earbuds and it could not control the volume on the HOX).

Basically I want an in ear earbud that will allow me to control the volume and has a mic. I will use them for running (since the phone is strapped to my arm in a case I cannot control the volume via phone) and every once in a while I accidentally rip the cord off. So, either is has to be cheap so I may replace them from time to time or more expensive but extremely resistant, I don´t want one of those that wraps around you head, since I would also like to use everyday and need to be able to stick them on my pocket.

Any advice?
You can not use volume control on any phone but iPhone since Apple owns it.
If you want a good resistant and powerful headset, I'd recommend Sennheiser, or in particular the MM70i, which I own, but it's not cheap, bought it with 25% discount. It has the best sound ever, great insulation, has microphone and three buttons (Volume +/- but it will not work for android, Middle button that you can decide what it will do on your phone) 1.4M cable, compact and weighs 11 grams I think, its durable, beautiful design, comes with 6 paris of buds, and a case.

harshs23
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Default Re: In ear earbuds WITH vol control AND mic

Get the ue 350vm, it has a rolling volume control, plus with the headset controller app from the play store you could configure number of clicks for different controls. Mine are one click- call answer, end or mute or pause, 2 clicks- last call dialed, next track, 3 clicks- previous track, 4 clicks- volume control in steps till you press once again as it reaches desired volume.

The 350vm has great sound plus a good Mic too.

The above mentioned controls can be configured on any headset with one button.

Sent from my HTC One X

fario78
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshs23 View Post
Get the ue 350vm, it has a rolling volume control, plus with the headset controller app from the play store you could configure number of clicks for different controls. Mine are one click- call answer, end or mute or pause, 2 clicks- last call dialed, next track, 3 clicks- previous track, 4 clicks- volume control in steps till you press once again as it reaches desired volume.

The 350vm has great sound plus a good Mic too.

The above mentioned controls can be configured on any headset with one button.

Sent from my HTC One X
any particular brand to recommend?

harshs23
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Default Re: In ear earbuds WITH vol control AND mic

Sound magic, klipsch, shure, many, research....

Sent from my HTC One X

Marius The Boss
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Get some Skullcandy's Mic'D in ear if you like the bass

forster
Old
(Last edited by forster; 24th February 2013 at 08:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 369
aJays One + 60$, and NOCS ns 200/400 70$ favorites by far.
Phone: HTC One X
Favorite Roms