Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Multiboot Linux on Infinity tf700 v0.8.3 (project closed)

OP rabits

20th February 2013, 12:21 PM   |  #341  
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
More
Any1 else having problems typing in the password at the terminal? I can type in like anything else, just not the password
20th February 2013, 01:32 PM   |  #342  
Thanks Meter: 16

157 posts
Re: Native Ubuntu Linux on Infinity tf700 v0.8.0
Any risk if I update the apps in Ubuntu Software Center? I remember someone who reported an update that broke is installation. I am just done configuring everyrhing and do not wanna have to do it again.
20th February 2013, 01:43 PM   |  #343  

92 posts
More
Alright I got all logged in, and I wanted to install open office. After having done difficulties, I read that I had to remove libreoffice, so I did using synaptic. I try to install open office, then my system ui, all the window bars. Everything disappears. I try a reboot, and now I'm stuck in a screen that says: ubuntu (some version number) tf700 login: I've tried every login and pass I could think of. Any suggestions?

EDIT: ok I figured out the password, but Im still stuck at a black terminal screen. No UI or anything, just says:

Ubuntu@tf700:~$ _

Underscore is flashing

Also with the release of the sdk of the ubuntu for tablet, anything new we can expect?
Last edited by xFaultx; 20th February 2013 at 03:10 PM.
20th February 2013, 05:55 PM   |  #344  
Thanks Meter: 64

189 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFaultx

Alright I got all logged in, and I wanted to install open office. After having done difficulties, I read that I had to remove libreoffice, so I did using synaptic. I try to install open office, then my system ui, all the window bars. Everything disappears. I try a reboot, and now I'm stuck in a screen that says: ubuntu (some version number) tf700 login: I've tried every login and pass I could think of. Any suggestions?

EDIT: ok I figured out the password, but Im still stuck at a black terminal screen. No UI or anything, just says:

Ubuntu@tf700:~$ _

Underscore is flashing

Also with the release of the sdk of the ubuntu for tablet, anything new we can expect?

try "startx" and see if that gets you into unity.
20th February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #345  

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7786

try "startx" and see if that gets you into unity.

I got in, now facing a new delema.

How do I install open office, or something similar, so i can access ppts on the linux side. I cant find an Open Office that is armhf compatible
Last edited by xFaultx; 20th February 2013 at 07:20 PM.
20th February 2013, 07:35 PM   |  #346  

157 posts
Quote:

I got in, now facing a new delema.

How do I install open office, or something similar, so i can access ppts on the linux side. I cant find an Open Office that is armhf compatible

Libre office
20th February 2013, 09:59 PM   |  #347  

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singoutout

Libre office

I'm trying to install it again, had to remove only to find out I can't run. The lag spikes are really really tough to get through though
20th February 2013, 10:25 PM   |  #348  

157 posts
Quote:

I'm trying to install it again, had to remove only to find out I can't run. The lag spikes are really really tough to get through though

Are you using Unity? Why not using another desktop environment? I use xfce and it runs super smooth and fast (I even use compiz). There are a few lightweight DE out there (lxde, xfce, awesome, kde...)
21st February 2013, 09:55 AM   |  #349  

157 posts
Here is a video showing a dualboot with Ubuntu and CROMI (sorry for bad quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRe0gu4wGw

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to singoutout For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 11:21 AM   |  #350  
Flag Casablanca
Thanks Meter: 54

442 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singoutout

Here is a video showing a dualboot with Ubuntu and CROMI (sorry for bad quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRe0gu4wGw

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, native
Previous Thread Next Thread