Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multiboot Linux on Infinity tf700 v0.8.3 (project closed)

Tip us?

xFaultx
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Any1 else having problems typing in the password at the terminal? I can type in like anything else, just not the password

singoutout
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: Native Ubuntu Linux on Infinity tf700 v0.8.0

Any risk if I update the apps in Ubuntu Software Center? I remember someone who reported an update that broke is installation. I am just done configuring everyrhing and do not wanna have to do it again.

xFaultx
Old
(Last edited by xFaultx; 20th February 2013 at 02:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Alright I got all logged in, and I wanted to install open office. After having done difficulties, I read that I had to remove libreoffice, so I did using synaptic. I try to install open office, then my system ui, all the window bars. Everything disappears. I try a reboot, and now I'm stuck in a screen that says: ubuntu (some version number) tf700 login: I've tried every login and pass I could think of. Any suggestions?

EDIT: ok I figured out the password, but Im still stuck at a black terminal screen. No UI or anything, just says:

Ubuntu@tf700:~$ _

Underscore is flashing

Also with the release of the sdk of the ubuntu for tablet, anything new we can expect?

Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFaultx View Post
Alright I got all logged in, and I wanted to install open office. After having done difficulties, I read that I had to remove libreoffice, so I did using synaptic. I try to install open office, then my system ui, all the window bars. Everything disappears. I try a reboot, and now I'm stuck in a screen that says: ubuntu (some version number) tf700 login: I've tried every login and pass I could think of. Any suggestions?

EDIT: ok I figured out the password, but Im still stuck at a black terminal screen. No UI or anything, just says:

Ubuntu@tf700:~$ _

Underscore is flashing

Also with the release of the sdk of the ubuntu for tablet, anything new we can expect?
try "startx" and see if that gets you into unity.

xFaultx
Old
(Last edited by xFaultx; 20th February 2013 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7786 View Post
try "startx" and see if that gets you into unity.
I got in, now facing a new delema.

How do I install open office, or something similar, so i can access ppts on the linux side. I cant find an Open Office that is armhf compatible

singoutout
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Quote:
I got in, now facing a new delema.

How do I install open office, or something similar, so i can access ppts on the linux side. I cant find an Open Office that is armhf compatible
Libre office

xFaultx
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by singoutout View Post
Libre office
I'm trying to install it again, had to remove only to find out I can't run. The lag spikes are really really tough to get through though

singoutout
Old
Thanks Meter 16

Quote:
I'm trying to install it again, had to remove only to find out I can't run. The lag spikes are really really tough to get through though
Are you using Unity? Why not using another desktop environment? I use xfce and it runs super smooth and fast (I even use compiz). There are a few lightweight DE out there (lxde, xfce, awesome, kde...)

singoutout
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Here is a video showing a dualboot with Ubuntu and CROMI (sorry for bad quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRe0gu4wGw

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to singoutout For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tupo05
Old
Thanks Meter 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by singoutout View Post
Here is a video showing a dualboot with Ubuntu and CROMI (sorry for bad quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRe0gu4wGw

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
- Asus Transformer TF700 Pad + Dock
- Samsung Galaxy Note III

--------------------------------------
If You Think I Helped You. Push the THANKS Button Please

Tags
android, linux, native