Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard k400 & Smart Dock??

Search This thread

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
Hi guys, has anyone tried Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard k400 with Smart Dock to see if these are compatible?

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
Yes they are compatiable and works pretty nice, only thing is that it doesn't turn off the display so you'll need a wired mouse/keyboard/w.e to do that (think there is an app that does turn off the screen)

Personally I plug in the k400 usb and a wired mouse and go to town

Reactions: zen0s

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
Yes they are compatiable and works pretty nice, only thing is that it doesn't turn off the display so you'll need a wired mouse/keyboard/w.e to do that (think there is an app that does turn off the screen)

Thank you!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

donec

Aug 21, 2012
Can't find them online. I found them but not with the dock any links or pictures?

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD

As you said, screen was staying on and only could view portrait mode but now when I dock my note 2, screen turns off and displays landscape on my TV. So weird... I don't know but I'm extremely happy with this product!

Last edited:

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
i have a k400 keyboard as well but only the touchpad works. i can't use it to type anything in.

that's odd... everything is working on my end. Have you tried rebooting the phone? and maybe unplug the K400 dongle and replug it in? If everything fails, there might be something wrong with the K400?

wolfpack612

Nov 18, 2006
Hollywood
that's odd... everything is working on my end. Have you tried rebooting the phone? and maybe unplug the K400 dongle and replug it in? If everything fails, there might be something wrong with the K400?

are you running a custom rom? it looks like it tries but the letters don't come up. when i start typing the mouse cursor goes away but nothing. i tried rebooting with dongle on and off, taking my phone on and off but nothing. might go back to stock to try it out, i must be missing something.

laztpn0i

Feb 26, 2006
Ca, USA
are you running a custom rom? it looks like it tries but the letters don't come up. when i start typing the mouse cursor goes away but nothing. i tried rebooting with dongle on and off, taking my phone on and off but nothing. might go back to stock to try it out, i must be missing something.

FWIW! When I first got my smart dock and tried to use my logitech k400. It did'nt work. So I had to re-pair it by plugging in the dongle to one of the usb ports on my computer and going about the whole process to pair it with the keyboard. Once that was done. I unplugged the dongle from the computer then plugged it back in the smart dock, and everything worked. So that may work for you. But if it doesn't, then I would replace the keyboard and or the dock.

Also for anyone wondering how to get the screen to turn off while its plugged into the dock. I use an app called Screen Standby. And if I remember correctly. It should work both unrooted and rooted. I also use Rotation Locker to manually change the screen orientation to landscape. These two combinations have worked great for me whenever I use my dock.

wolfpack612

Nov 18, 2006
Hollywood
FWIW! When I first got my smart dock and tried to use my logitech k400. It did'nt work. So I had to re-pair it by plugging in the dongle to one of the usb ports on my computer and going about the whole process to pair it with the keyboard. Once that was done. I unplugged the dongle from the computer then plugged it back in the smart dock, and everything worked. So that may work for you. But if it doesn't, then I would replace the keyboard and or the dock.

Also for anyone wondering how to get the screen to turn off while its plugged into the dock. I use an app called Screen Standby. And if I remember correctly. It should work both unrooted and rooted. I also use Rotation Locker to manually change the screen orientation to landscape. These two combinations have worked great for me whenever I use my dock.

I'll try that tonight. I use the same 2 apps :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD

I'm running stock, perhaps it's due to your custom rom :(

peh803

Oct 18, 2010
I'll try that tonight. I use the same 2 apps :)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

My K400 + Note 2 Smart Dock stopped working nicely together after a week or two with the dock. They worked beautifully together originally, but then I made the mistake of using the K400 with a windows laptop. I'm thinking that somehow, the keyboard still thinks it should be paired with a windows device and isn't connecting well to the phone via the dock somehow. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it.

Sounds like another member (laztpn0i) had the same issue. I can successfully connect the K400 to both windows laptops I own (one on Win7 home premium, the other on XP professional). There is no required / proprietary software to install in order for the keyboard to work. In the device manager, the keyboard just shows up as "HID Keyboard Device" under "Keyboards".

How do I break the link between my windows computers and this K400 so I can use it again with the smart dock for my note 2? Sounds like something you had to do as well, laztpn0i, so any help / advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Phil

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
My K400 + Note 2 Smart Dock stopped working nicely together after a week or two with the dock. They worked beautifully together originally, but then I made the mistake of using the K400 with a windows laptop. I'm thinking that somehow, the keyboard still thinks it should be paired with a windows device and isn't connecting well to the phone via the dock somehow. I'm not sure why this is happening or how to fix it.

Sounds like another member (laztpn0i) had the same issue. I can successfully connect the K400 to both windows laptops I own (one on Win7 home premium, the other on XP professional). There is no required / proprietary software to install in order for the keyboard to work. In the device manager, the keyboard just shows up as "HID Keyboard Device" under "Keyboards".

How do I break the link between my windows computers and this K400 so I can use it again with the smart dock for my note 2? Sounds like something you had to do as well, laztpn0i, so any help / advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Phil

Download the unifying software from Logitech and 'pair' the device and the adapter (you can't have it paired to 2 adapters at the same time like bluetooth)

Last edited:

MarklarNH

May 11, 2013
Seems to work fine for me.

Just adding to the data pile. Seems to work out-of-the-box for most things. Trying to figure out the buttons now, but typing, mouse etc. working well.

Paul.

mentathf

Nov 6, 2010
i have the OTG Samsung adapter and my k400 works np just like that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can't find them online. I found them but not with the dock any links or pictures?

They don't come with the smart dock. I was just asking if they were compatiable. ;p