FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Team Kernelizers][How To][SPR][TK MOD 1.0.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks-Updated 5-14-13

20th February 2013, 06:36 PM |#2181  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,832
 
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by castle_bravo

I found ZERO battery drain using bfq for over 9 hours of screen off, like overnight when your sleeping, with noop I saw around 4% so if you plan on walking away from it for a while use bfq, if it's only for like an hour at a time any scheduler will do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Interesting. I used bfq for the last 2 days and I've averaged about 7% loss in 7 hours of sleep.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
 
 
20th February 2013, 06:45 PM |#2182  
castle_bravo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gotham
Thanks Meter: 1,113
 
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Interesting. I used bfq for the last 2 days and I've averaged about 7% loss in 7 hours of sleep.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when your phone uses a different scheduler for screen off it applies the default values, my no percentage loss was based off of mw86's tweaks, and my 97 95 65 45 setup. Never saw percentage loss overnight, like ever.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:05 PM |#2183  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 2,257
 
Donate to Me
More
Noob here lol! I have KT747 installed on my Liquid Smooth ROM. How do I get good performance yet good battery life? What do you guys recommend and how do it do it.

**Keep in mind I'm a noob at this**
20th February 2013, 08:07 PM |#2184  
thearch1tect's Avatar
Senior Member
Dallas Tx
Thanks Meter: 177
 
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Noob here lol! I have KT747 installed on my Liquid Smooth ROM. How do I get good performance yet good battery life? What do you guys recommend and how do it do it.

**Keep in mind I'm a noob at this**

The first few posts of the thread are a great place to start. All phones are different but they give a great reference point from which you can tweak to find your sweet spot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to thearch1tect For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:10 PM |#2185  
flastnoles11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag columbia
Thanks Meter: 4,729
 
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Noob here lol! I have KT747 installed on my Liquid Smooth ROM. How do I get good performance yet good battery life? What do you guys recommend and how do it do it.

**Keep in mind I'm a noob at this**

Read through the entire op it breaks it down step by step what you should do... I get over 24 hours on battery with 4 to 5 hours screen on time (which is the stat that actually matters) when I'm not constantly on it... if I am on it continuously I still get 4 to 5 hours screen on time (like I said, screen on time is the stat that actually matters)


Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD
The Following User Says Thank You to flastnoles11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:51 PM |#2186  
Phung's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by castle_bravo

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when your phone uses a different scheduler for screen off it applies the default values, my no percentage loss was based off of mw86's tweaks, and my 97 95 65 45 setup. Never saw percentage loss overnight, like ever.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

I'm just wondering if that no percentage loss includes turning off sync, Wifi, radios, etc?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
20th February 2013, 09:08 PM |#2187  
castle_bravo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gotham
Thanks Meter: 1,113
 
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phung

I'm just wondering if that no percentage loss includes turning off sync, Wifi, radios, etc?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, when I was testing that's what I would do, I just recently turned on my email sync but at bed all radios are turned off but without obviously going into airplane mode.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 09:19 PM |#2188  
JAG50's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 399
 
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
Ok, will do the same.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
20th February 2013, 09:34 PM |#2189  
CyberGmonster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 216
 
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
I'm sure this has already been discussed plenty of times but how do I get kt tweaker settings to stick? Everytime I open kt tweaker it ask me if I want to apply my settings that I have already set before exiting.

I also want to try some recommended governor tweak on the front page but I can't seem to find the down threshold and up threshold.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
20th February 2013, 10:00 PM |#2190  
steelers_exe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,215
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGmonster

I'm sure this has already been discussed plenty of times but how do I get kt tweaker settings to stick? Everytime I open kt tweaker it ask me if I want to apply my settings that I have already set before exiting.

I also want to try some recommended governor tweak on the front page but I can't seem to find the down threshold and up threshold.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes it helps using romtoolbox to help the settings stick, that's what I use. And about the tweaks have you selected ktoonservative as your governor?

Sent from my TPR GS3 backed by Team Kernelizers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes