Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Team Kernelizers][How To][SPR][TK MOD 1.0.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks-Updated 5-14-13

Tip us?

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2589
Default Re: [Team Kernelizers] {how to} Ktoonsnative governor and I/O tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle_bravo View Post
I found ZERO battery drain using bfq for over 9 hours of screen off, like overnight when your sleeping, with noop I saw around 4% so if you plan on walking away from it for a while use bfq, if it's only for like an hour at a time any scheduler will do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Interesting. I used bfq for the last 2 days and I've averaged about 7% loss in 7 hours of sleep.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

castle_bravo
Old
Thanks Meter 1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
Interesting. I used bfq for the last 2 days and I've averaged about 7% loss in 7 hours of sleep.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when your phone uses a different scheduler for screen off it applies the default values, my no percentage loss was based off of mw86's tweaks, and my 97 95 65 45 setup. Never saw percentage loss overnight, like ever.

Goin nuts on this gs3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joe0113
Old
Thanks Meter 1563

DONATE TO ME
Noob here lol! I have KT747 installed on my Liquid Smooth ROM. How do I get good performance yet good battery life? What do you guys recommend and how do it do it.

**Keep in mind I'm a noob at this**

thearch1tect
Old
Thanks Meter 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
Noob here lol! I have KT747 installed on my Liquid Smooth ROM. How do I get good performance yet good battery life? What do you guys recommend and how do it do it.

The first few posts of the thread are a great place to start. All phones are different but they give a great reference point from which you can tweak to find your sweet spot.

The Following User Says Thank You to thearch1tect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post

Read through the entire op it breaks it down step by step what you should do... I get over 24 hours on battery with 4 to 5 hours screen on time (which is the stat that actually matters) when I'm not constantly on it... if I am on it continuously I still get 4 to 5 hours screen on time (like I said, screen on time is the stat that actually matters)

Sprint GS3 FAQ THREAD

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to flastnoles11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phung
Old
Thanks Meter 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle_bravo View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when your phone uses a different scheduler for screen off it applies the default values, my no percentage loss was based off of mw86's tweaks, and my 97 95 65 45 setup. Never saw percentage loss overnight, like ever.

I'm just wondering if that no percentage loss includes turning off sync, Wifi, radios, etc?

castle_bravo
Old
Thanks Meter 1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phung View Post
I'm just wondering if that no percentage loss includes turning off sync, Wifi, radios, etc?

Yes, when I was testing that's what I would do, I just recently turned on my email sync but at bed all radios are turned off but without obviously going into airplane mode.

Goin nuts on this gs3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castle_bravo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JAG50
Old
Thanks Meter 342

Ok, will do the same.

CyberGmonster
Old
Thanks Meter 216

I'm sure this has already been discussed plenty of times but how do I get kt tweaker settings to stick? Everytime I open kt tweaker it ask me if I want to apply my settings that I have already set before exiting.

I also want to try some recommended governor tweak on the front page but I can't seem to find the down threshold and up threshold.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

steelers_exe
Old
Thanks Meter 1215

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGmonster View Post
I'm sure this has already been discussed plenty of times but how do I get kt tweaker settings to stick? Everytime I open kt tweaker it ask me if I want to apply my settings that I have already set before exiting.

I also want to try some recommended governor tweak on the front page but I can't seem to find the down threshold and up threshold.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Sometimes it helps using romtoolbox to help the settings stick, that's what I use. And about the tweaks have you selected ktoonservative as your governor?

Sent from my TPR GS3 backed by Team Kernelizers