Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

This is what I did.

OP Lehocki

5th July 2012, 09:29 AM   |  #1  
Lehocki's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 40
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
I got my SGT2_7 P3113UEALD3 a few days ago and used it stock no root no flashing other ROM on it just to see how it performs. It was a bit slow. Then I rooted installed TiBu and started freezing apps didn't delete any and now it runs fast and smooth. These are the apps I froze.

AccuWeather
Amazon Kindle
Aurora 2.1.1
Bluetooth Test 1.0
Bubbles 1.0
Camera 1.5 I installed Camera ICS 1.1.1a
CharOn 1.8.3
Choco EUKor 1.0
com.android.smspush 4.0.3
com.samsung.app.playreadyui 4.0.3
CSC 1.0 (maybe I shouldn't have done this one cause don't know what exactly it does but so far I had no problems so I'll leave it frozen)
Digital clock 1.0
DSMForwarding 1.0
DSMLawmo 1.0
DttSupport 1.0
Dual clock 1.0
Factory Mode 1.0 (don't know what the last five do but no problems yet)
Factory Test 1.0
Game Hub 2.0 (don't play games)
Google Play Books 2.5.83
Google Play Movies & TV 2.0.9c ( I got Netflix )
Google Play Music 4.1.513
Google Search 1.4.1 (use the browser)
Google Text-to-Speach Engine
Google+
Helv Neue S 1.0 ( ? )
Bookmarks internet ( I use Dolphin HD )
Key Chain ( ? )
Kobo 2.7.816
Market Feedback Agent
Media Hub 1.6.0
Mobile print 1.6.0
Mobile tracker 1.0
Music Hub
MusicFX ( I installed Volume+ )
OMACP v3_1203_2_1
Phase beam 1.0
PhoneUtil 1.0.0
Photo wall
PickupTutorial
PopupuiReceiver
PressReader 3.6.0314 ( I use other )
Program monitor 1.0
Readers Hub
Samsung account
Samsung apps
Samsung keyboard ( I use Swype )
Samsung push service
Samsung TTS
SamsungAppsUNA2
Screen capture
SecLauncher ( I use Apex or ADW )
SecWalpaperChooser ( I use -wp clock- )
Setup Wizard
SNS
Sound Recorder
SurfSetProp
SysScope 2.1.0
Talkback 3.0.2
TwDFSApp
Voice Search
World clock
Yahoo Finance
Yahoo News
YouTube ( I use Dolphin )
Zinio

Am also thinking of freezing -VpnDialogs- but will wait, not shure what it does. Also I welcome all comments and explanation on some of the apps and what they do. I'm a noob at this just figured I try something and see what happens. Also as I already mentioned so far so good everything is running OK fast n smooth. Just thought I put this out for other noobs that are holding back from flashing new ROMs , this is an alternative no deleting just freezing.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Lehocki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2012, 12:17 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
When you freeze the apps it means you disable it right? since some of the apps are essential like the camera, or accessing google+
5th July 2012, 08:20 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Thanks, this has reminded me to freeze some more on mine.
5th July 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #4  
Lehocki's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 40
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by innov

When you freeze the apps it means you disable it right? since some of the apps are essential like the camera, or accessing google+

Yes freezing disables it (basically blocks it from doing anything) in fact at the moment they are just taking up space, but didn't want to uninstall or delete anything until I tested the tab for a week see how it handles and if there are any arising problems because of them being frozen.
As I mentioned I use -Camera ICS- so I will be deleting the Camera app that came with the tab. Also what ever app you don't use I recommend freezing or deleting. Freezing apps you don't use on daily basis and just deleting the ones you don't use at all



Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #5  
Zagnutty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag A third world country - Detroit
Thanks Meter: 13
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
I did something similar with my 3113 last night. I used a list that I found in another thread though that's in xls format.

I have a question though. I installed Steam through the play store. At login, all I get is a 2 tone gray / black screen. Is anyone aware of any of these apps possibly having an effect on the steam app or connectivity? I googled the problem, and I'm not the only person to have this happen. However, it wasn't just with this tab and the problem seems rare.
21st February 2013, 03:21 AM   |  #6  
Droidlover123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 373
 
1,411 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Re: This is what I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehocki

I got my SGT2_7 P3113UEALD3 a few days ago and used it stock no root no flashing other ROM on it just to see how it performs. It was a bit slow. Then I rooted installed TiBu and started freezing apps didn't delete any and now it runs fast and smooth. These are the apps I froze.

AccuWeather
Amazon Kindle
Aurora 2.1.1
Bluetooth Test 1.0
Bubbles 1.0
Camera 1.5 I installed Camera ICS 1.1.1a
CharOn 1.8.3
Choco EUKor 1.0
com.android.smspush 4.0.3
com.samsung.app.playreadyui 4.0.3
CSC 1.0 (maybe I shouldn't have done this one cause don't know what exactly it does but so far I had no problems so I'll leave it frozen)
Digital clock 1.0
DSMForwarding 1.0
DSMLawmo 1.0
DttSupport 1.0
Dual clock 1.0
Factory Mode 1.0 (don't know what the last five do but no problems yet)
Factory Test 1.0
Game Hub 2.0 (don't play games)
Google Play Books 2.5.83
Google Play Movies & TV 2.0.9c ( I got Netflix )
Google Play Music 4.1.513
Google Search 1.4.1 (use the browser)
Google Text-to-Speach Engine
Google+
Helv Neue S 1.0 ( ? )
Bookmarks internet ( I use Dolphin HD )
Key Chain ( ? )
Kobo 2.7.816
Market Feedback Agent
Media Hub 1.6.0
Mobile print 1.6.0
Mobile tracker 1.0
Music Hub
MusicFX ( I installed Volume+ )
OMACP v3_1203_2_1
Phase beam 1.0
PhoneUtil 1.0.0
Photo wall
PickupTutorial
PopupuiReceiver
PressReader 3.6.0314 ( I use other )
Program monitor 1.0
Readers Hub
Samsung account
Samsung apps
Samsung keyboard ( I use Swype )
Samsung push service
Samsung TTS
SamsungAppsUNA2
Screen capture
SecLauncher ( I use Apex or ADW )
SecWalpaperChooser ( I use -wp clock- )
Setup Wizard
SNS
Sound Recorder
SurfSetProp
SysScope 2.1.0
Talkback 3.0.2
TwDFSApp
Voice Search
World clock
Yahoo Finance
Yahoo News
YouTube ( I use Dolphin )
Zinio

Am also thinking of freezing -VpnDialogs- but will wait, not shure what it does. Also I welcome all comments and explanation on some of the apps and what they do. I'm a noob at this just figured I try something and see what happens. Also as I already mentioned so far so good everything is running OK fast n smooth. Just thought I put this out for other noobs that are holding back from flashing new ROMs , this is an alternative no deleting just freezing.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

You can disabke many more...
Like Google maps as it starts it service it background and eats ram....
Also you can disable Samsung cloud adapters,calander,contacts synchronization app and many more...as I am currently on cyanogen mod so do not have list of all apps...
You can ask for apps which u have doubt in.....

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidlover123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 03:27 AM   |  #7  
DigitalMD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 613
 
2,831 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Be careful not to load any games on that tab, they eat a lot of memory,
21st February 2013, 06:33 AM   |  #8  
patrao_n's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 969
 
2,266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Re: This is what I did.
Autostarts is an awesome program to keep apps from starting. Also rom toolbox has a startup feature in it.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G
22nd February 2013, 10:04 AM   |  #9  
Zagnutty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag A third world country - Detroit
Thanks Meter: 13
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Here's the list I used that I got from another thread here on XDA -
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4c4...it?usp=sharing

Tonight I started uninstalling pre-loaded bloat. Will do more tomorrow.
24th February 2013, 01:37 AM   |  #10  
Zagnutty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag A third world country - Detroit
Thanks Meter: 13
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD

Be careful not to load any games on that tab, they eat a lot of memory,

Meh. I've installed quite a few apps, including some games, and still showing about 3gb free. Going to try the internal to external sd swap once I get my ROM slimmed down as much as possible, backed up, wiped and reflashed. If you're having storage space issues, check out the swap - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1961097

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes