Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

Tip us?

mr-cook
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1527
Default Re: Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

Quote:
Originally Posted by SesukaShindo View Post
I have the SGH-S959G everything stock. I want to ultimately have it rooted and if possible put CM10.1 on it.
I have the samsung drivers installed, I use Odin 1.85 and put the phone into download mode. I get the yellow box in Odin and it says "added" below. Only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are checked. In the PDA slot I select the CWM-Recovery.tar.md5. I click start and it seems like all is well until it hangs here for hours:
Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CWM-Recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.bin
Why won't it proceed past this? I understand it should take a few minutes but I can leave this thing alone for hours and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Have you tried re-downloading the CWM-recovery. tar, maybe you have a corrupted download?

Sent from my SGH-S959G

EzSqueezeCheese
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I was thinking about theming ShoStock3. I don't really like the themes linked on Sho's thread. Just not my style. Tried googling to see if I could find anything other than those...but nope. Are you guys theming anything?

cynnar
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
Also make sure that you power off the phone and go back into download mode after a failed attempt. At least it worked for me when I had similar problem.

razen_kain
Old
Thanks Meter 2060

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSqueezeCheese View Post
I was thinking about theming ShoStock3. I don't really like the themes linked on Sho's thread. Just not my style. Tried googling to see if I could find anything other than those...but nope. Are you guys theming anything?
Yes. I just use apex launcher with desktop visualizer and their various add ons and makr my own themes

What themes are in Sho's thread?

Sent from my SGH-S959G

EzSqueezeCheese
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain View Post
Yes. I just use apex launcher with desktop visualizer and their various add ons and makr my own themes

What themes are in Sho's thread?

Sent from my SGH-S959G
Holo Wiz, Tangerine/Lime, John's theme, and a spidey theme. The ideas are cool. But as far as the visualtions of the icons, I'm not very pleased. One thing I miss about CM is the theming capabilities. Perhaps there are ShoStock compatible themes on the market?

mr-cook
Old
Thanks Meter 1527

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynnar View Post
Also make sure that you power off the phone and go back into download mode after a failed attempt. At least it worked for me when I had similar problem.
Waking the dead!

Quote:
Holo Wiz, Tangerine/Lime, John's theme, and a spidey theme. The ideas are cool. But as far as the visualtions of the icons, I'm not very pleased. One thing I miss about CM is the theming capabilities. Perhaps there are ShoStock compatible themes on the market?
With it being Samsung based, you don't get much option without using a custom launcher launcher like razen_kain, or the mods like Holo Wiz. Have you been here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37484870

Sent from my SGH-S959G

EzSqueezeCheese
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook View Post
Waking the dead!

With it being Samsung based, you don't get much option without using a custom launcher launcher like razen_kain, or the mods like Holo Wiz. Have you been here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37484870

Sent from my SGH-S959G
I like the stock ShoStock theme for the most part. But there are things I miss about CM lol. I want them menu skins or whatever you'd call them. Also.. Does ShoStock 2.1 have a wifi tether? These market apps suck balls, hardly work half the time, and the fact its not a built in feature to 2.5.1 saddens me.

mr-cook
Old
Thanks Meter 1527

Quote:
I like the stock ShoStock theme for the most part. But there are things I miss about CM lol. I want them menu skins or whatever you'd call them. Also.. Does ShoStock 2.1 have a wifi tether? These market apps suck balls, hardly work half the time, and the fact its not a built in feature to 2.5.1 saddens me.
I don't see it anywhere. I don't tether, so I never bothered to look before.

Sent from my SGH-S959G

EzSqueezeCheese
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-cook View Post
I don't see it anywhere. I don't tether, so I never bothered to look before.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
I don't have internet at home. So I tether to play Mag and Dust 514 on PS3. Works pretty well for me.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

You know... Exactly one week ago I had that issue with my data connection just disappearing. Straight talk just smashed a few buttons and it solved the problem. Seconds ago, I kid you not, my data icon disappeared. I highly doubt its ROM related seeing how its been running very stable since I reflashed it yesterday. I'm gonna kill somebody.

razen_kain
Old
Thanks Meter 2060

Idk if it is just this phone or a rom or kernel issue but i was wondering if any of you have had this happen...
You reboot, boot into recovery and for some strange reason your battery drops like 30 percent! Anybody?

Sent from my SGH-S959G