Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 54,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2spr [build 8]

Tip us?
 
RTWright
Old
#611  
RTWright's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 163
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Worth

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBadass View Post
I use my bluetooth headset daily and I have seen a few wonky bugs in this.

Occasionally I'll have to restart bluetooth to have it re-connect properly. Sometimes the phone fails to restart the bluetooth modem and I have to manually reboot.

Notification sounds ONLY go through my headset when connect, not out the phone.

So far I've had to reboot the phone or my bluetooth headset a few times per day. I haven't yet tried out an AOSP 4.2 rom that doesn't have some sort of bluetooth issues.
I have to agree with this to some point, because all 4.2 ROMs tend to have a lot of issues in many areas. One thing I've noticed though, they all have in common, CM's Kernel. I'm starting to wonder if that couldn't be the issue? Not sure, just looking at the most common denominator. I actually had an issue last night of it not automatically signing in and connecting to my home WiFi. It took me a bit but I finally got it to connect. Never had that issue before, but at least I got it to work after rebooting the device.

I use a bluetooth set of headphones and they have not given me an issue yet. I use Google Voice, so my texts and voice mail go through there. Sending texts I've not had much luck with even in Stock it got iffy sometimes. So hard to tell if it's 4.2 related. Since I've been using Google Voice my normal text messaging app has never been successful at working.
DEVICE: SPH-L710 ( Sprint GS3 32GB retiring in 2 months! )
CARRIER: Sprint ( T -2 Months and counting! )
KERNEL: Stock
ROM: Going Stock 4.4.2
RECOVERY:
Philz
RIP: HTC Evo 4G
 
thearch1tect
Old
#612  
thearch1tect's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 650
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas Tx
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]

So I hopped on WiFi for about 3-4 hours and sure enough missed a text message that the stock app nor go SMS app notified me of. Noticed I missed it by checking my Google voice. Once I turned off WiFi and rebooted I got the text notification. Not sure if calls didn't come through because if I did they didn't leave me a voicemail

I take it no one else is experiencing this? Anything I could do to fix it?
Running the ROM with 2-7 KT kernel, inverted gapps. I've fixed permissions multiple times.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sent from AOSP S3. Hit the thanks button if I helped!
 
bronx623
Old
#613  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 28
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell12 View Post
give it a whirl, i am not experiencing these issues. didnt on the last build either though...
Home button bug starts happening after a couple of days of not being rebooted. It did in RC1 and its doing it in stable. The only solution seems to be restarting. Maybe I need clean flash (RC1 was clean). I really can't point to a specific event that triggers it... I am using nova prime launcher.

I might set my phone up to reboot every night at 6am or something...
 
guirae
Old
#614  
guirae's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 268
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Francisco
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx623 View Post
Home button bug starts happening after a couple of days of not being rebooted. It did in RC1 and its doing it in stable. The only solution seems to be restarting. Maybe I need clean flash (RC1 was clean). I really can't point to a specific event that triggers it... I am using nova prime launcher.

I might set my phone up to reboot every night at 6am or something...
I wonder what the root of the issue is..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Sprint Galaxy S3
ROM: SlimBean RC2
Kernel: SlimBean RC2 Kernel
Modem: MA4
 
hayzooos
Old
#615  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 489
Posts: 1,977
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearch1tect View Post
So I hopped on WiFi for about 3-4 hours and sure enough missed a text message that the stock app nor go SMS app notified me of. Noticed I missed it by checking my Google voice. Once I turned off WiFi and rebooted I got the text notification. Not sure if calls didn't come through because if I did they didn't leave me a voicemail

I take it no one else is experiencing this? Anything I could do to fix it?
Running the ROM with 2-7 KT kernel, inverted gapps. I've fixed permissions multiple times.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sent from AOSP S3. Hit the thanks button if I helped!
I'm still going to say this is a Sprint issue. Are you using an Airave at all? I'm having very similar type problems you are and I'm on Chad's Anthrax ROM and kernel. I was getting the same thing when I was on SlimBean before. My wife, stock rooted, and she's having issues similar to this as well. People calling and the phone not ringing (though that hasn't happened in while, probably a few weeks) but the biggest issues she's having now is when people call her and she answers, they can't hear her at all. She can hear them, but not the other way around. If she calls them back, all is well. This is only happening at our house (awesome) but not when we're out in other places.

When I'm at home, I would have issues with text messages when connected to the airave. When I would unplug it, texts would come in. It's like I have to pick between voice issues or texting issues when at the house. Voices issues when not connected to the airave, text issues when I am.
 
thearch1tect
Old
#616  
thearch1tect's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 650
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas Tx
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayzooos View Post
I'm still going to say this is a Sprint issue. Are you using an Airave at all? I'm having very similar type problems you are and I'm on Chad's Anthrax ROM and kernel. I was getting the same thing when I was on SlimBean before. My wife, stock rooted, and she's having issues similar to this as well. People calling and the phone not ringing (though that hasn't happened in while, probably a few weeks) but the biggest issues she's having now is when people call her and she answers, they can't hear her at all. She can hear them, but not the other way around. If she calls them back, all is well. This is only happening at our house (awesome) but not when we're out in other places.

When I'm at home, I would have issues with text messages when connected to the airave. When I would unplug it, texts would come in. It's like I have to pick between voice issues or texting issues when at the house. Voices issues when not connected to the airave, text issues when I am.
No I don't have an airrave. The last ROM I used when I know I didn't have this issue was tasks 4.1.2 ROM.

While running a 4.2 ROM and I'm at home and not connected to WiFi everything is good. But when I connect to WiFi I run into issues. I'm going to try another 4.2 ROM tonight and see what happens. So far I've had this issue on slim bean and unofficial aokp.

I don't know how to confirm the issue but as far as I can tell it seems to be a 4.2 & WiFi issue that's causing it. My wife has no issues on her iPhone. So I don't know what else it could be.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
 
pdelacr2
Old
#617  
pdelacr2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthieN View Post
Anyone else having issues with the back light for the navigation buttons (menu & back) not working anymore after the screen goes to sleep and waking it back up? I've reflashed a couple times to make sure it wasn't something screwy, but no luck. The buttons still work, but there's just no back light until I reboot again.
I've verified that the option is enabled in the advanced settings as well.
Not a huge deal, just a bit bothersome I guess. Lol.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SPH-L710
I just tried this ROM today and just love it.

Is there any way to have the photo camera to take pictures in wide format?

Thanks
 
nimaim
Old
(Last edited by nimaim; 20th February 2013 at 11:42 PM.)
#618  
nimaim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 143
Posts: 796
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by guirae View Post
I wonder what the root of the issue is..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
I'm now running into this problem too, had to reboot to fix it. I don't think its kernel related because it happened in both the stock kernel and KT kernel which I'm now running. I've used the same KT kernel on other ROMs without issues. I'm not sure a logcat will help because the issue seems to pop up at random and I don't think anything in particular "triggers" it.

EDIT: Apparently the recent apps home button bug is present for some users in CM10.1 as well, I wasn't aware of that. No solution over in that thread yet either :-/
 
life
Old
#619  
life's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 741
Posts: 1,600
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx623 View Post
Home button bug starts happening after a couple of days of not being rebooted. It did in RC1 and its doing it in stable. The only solution seems to be restarting. Maybe I need clean flash (RC1 was clean). I really can't point to a specific event that triggers it... I am using nova prime launcher.

I might set my phone up to reboot every night at 6am or something...
it is a computer and a normal 1 day or even every other day restart isn't a bad idea. you could probably even go a 2 or 3 days and then restart. i usually do and have zero problems.

older version i left on for weeks, and would get a non-responsive screen every now and then, thats when i started rebooting the phone every other day and its been fine since.
My Devices
Verizon LG G2-related forums
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III-related forums
Hp Touchpad-related forums
Sprint HTC Evo 4G (OG)-related forums
don't waste the post, just click the button!!
 
tvsamson
Old
#620  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 48
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]

Yeah but when I change it to 1 or 2 secs, it still stays on for 5

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
LG G2

---Previous Devices---
SGS3
Htc Evo 3d
Htc Hero

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes