19th February 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #611  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 51

163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBadass

I use my bluetooth headset daily and I have seen a few wonky bugs in this.

Occasionally I'll have to restart bluetooth to have it re-connect properly. Sometimes the phone fails to restart the bluetooth modem and I have to manually reboot.

Notification sounds ONLY go through my headset when connect, not out the phone.

So far I've had to reboot the phone or my bluetooth headset a few times per day. I haven't yet tried out an AOSP 4.2 rom that doesn't have some sort of bluetooth issues.

I have to agree with this to some point, because all 4.2 ROMs tend to have a lot of issues in many areas. One thing I've noticed though, they all have in common, CM's Kernel. I'm starting to wonder if that couldn't be the issue? Not sure, just looking at the most common denominator. I actually had an issue last night of it not automatically signing in and connecting to my home WiFi. It took me a bit but I finally got it to connect. Never had that issue before, but at least I got it to work after rebooting the device.

I use a bluetooth set of headphones and they have not given me an issue yet. I use Google Voice, so my texts and voice mail go through there. Sending texts I've not had much luck with even in Stock it got iffy sometimes. So hard to tell if it's 4.2 related. Since I've been using Google Voice my normal text messaging app has never been successful at working.
20th February 2013, 06:08 AM   |  #612  
Dallas Tx
Thanks Meter: 138

752 posts
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2spr Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]
So I hopped on WiFi for about 3-4 hours and sure enough missed a text message that the stock app nor go SMS app notified me of. Noticed I missed it by checking my Google voice. Once I turned off WiFi and rebooted I got the text notification. Not sure if calls didn't come through because if I did they didn't leave me a voicemail

I take it no one else is experiencing this? Anything I could do to fix it?
Running the ROM with 2-7 KT kernel, inverted gapps. I've fixed permissions multiple times.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sent from AOSP S3. Hit the thanks button if I helped!
20th February 2013, 03:35 PM   |  #613  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell12

give it a whirl, i am not experiencing these issues. didnt on the last build either though...

Home button bug starts happening after a couple of days of not being rebooted. It did in RC1 and its doing it in stable. The only solution seems to be restarting. Maybe I need clean flash (RC1 was clean). I really can't point to a specific event that triggers it... I am using nova prime launcher.

I might set my phone up to reboot every night at 6am or something...
20th February 2013, 06:27 PM   |  #614  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 33

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx623

Home button bug starts happening after a couple of days of not being rebooted. It did in RC1 and its doing it in stable. The only solution seems to be restarting. Maybe I need clean flash (RC1 was clean). I really can't point to a specific event that triggers it... I am using nova prime launcher.

I wonder what the root of the issue is..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 06:40 PM   |  #615  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 490

1,995 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearch1tect

So I hopped on WiFi for about 3-4 hours and sure enough missed a text message that the stock app nor go SMS app notified me of. Noticed I missed it by checking my Google voice. Once I turned off WiFi and rebooted I got the text notification. Not sure if calls didn't come through because if I did they didn't leave me a voicemail

I take it no one else is experiencing this? Anything I could do to fix it?
Running the ROM with 2-7 KT kernel, inverted gapps. I've fixed permissions multiple times.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sent from AOSP S3. Hit the thanks button if I helped!

I'm still going to say this is a Sprint issue. Are you using an Airave at all? I'm having very similar type problems you are and I'm on Chad's Anthrax ROM and kernel. I was getting the same thing when I was on SlimBean before. My wife, stock rooted, and she's having issues similar to this as well. People calling and the phone not ringing (though that hasn't happened in while, probably a few weeks) but the biggest issues she's having now is when people call her and she answers, they can't hear her at all. She can hear them, but not the other way around. If she calls them back, all is well. This is only happening at our house (awesome) but not when we're out in other places.

When I'm at home, I would have issues with text messages when connected to the airave. When I would unplug it, texts would come in. It's like I have to pick between voice issues or texting issues when at the house. Voices issues when not connected to the airave, text issues when I am.
20th February 2013, 06:57 PM   |  #616  
Dallas Tx
Thanks Meter: 138

752 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayzooos

I'm still going to say this is a Sprint issue. Are you using an Airave at all? I'm having very similar type problems you are and I'm on Chad's Anthrax ROM and kernel. I was getting the same thing when I was on SlimBean before. My wife, stock rooted, and she's having issues similar to this as well. People calling and the phone not ringing (though that hasn't happened in while, probably a few weeks) but the biggest issues she's having now is when people call her and she answers, they can't hear her at all. She can hear them, but not the other way around. If she calls them back, all is well. This is only happening at our house (awesome) but not when we're out in other places.

When I'm at home, I would have issues with text messages when connected to the airave. When I would unplug it, texts would come in. It's like I have to pick between voice issues or texting issues when at the house. Voices issues when not connected to the airave, text issues when I am.

No I don't have an airrave. The last ROM I used when I know I didn't have this issue was tasks 4.1.2 ROM.

While running a 4.2 ROM and I'm at home and not connected to WiFi everything is good. But when I connect to WiFi I run into issues. I'm going to try another 4.2 ROM tonight and see what happens. So far I've had this issue on slim bean and unofficial aokp.

I don't know how to confirm the issue but as far as I can tell it seems to be a 4.2 & WiFi issue that's causing it. My wife has no issues on her iPhone. So I don't know what else it could be.

20th February 2013, 11:07 PM   |  #617  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 22

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthieN

Anyone else having issues with the back light for the navigation buttons (menu & back) not working anymore after the screen goes to sleep and waking it back up? I've reflashed a couple times to make sure it wasn't something screwy, but no luck. The buttons still work, but there's just no back light until I reboot again.
I've verified that the option is enabled in the advanced settings as well.
Not a huge deal, just a bit bothersome I guess. Lol.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SPH-L710

I just tried this ROM today and just love it.

Is there any way to have the photo camera to take pictures in wide format?

Thanks
20th February 2013, 11:36 PM   |  #618  
Thanks Meter: 146

822 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guirae

I wonder what the root of the issue is..

I'm now running into this problem too, had to reboot to fix it. I don't think its kernel related because it happened in both the stock kernel and KT kernel which I'm now running. I've used the same KT kernel on other ROMs without issues. I'm not sure a logcat will help because the issue seems to pop up at random and I don't think anything in particular "triggers" it.

EDIT: Apparently the recent apps home button bug is present for some users in CM10.1 as well, I wasn't aware of that. No solution over in that thread yet either :-/
Last edited by nimaim; 20th February 2013 at 11:42 PM.
21st February 2013, 12:10 AM   |  #619  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 741

1,601 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx623

it is a computer and a normal 1 day or even every other day restart isn't a bad idea. you could probably even go a 2 or 3 days and then restart. i usually do and have zero problems.

older version i left on for weeks, and would get a non-responsive screen every now and then, thats when i started rebooting the phone every other day and its been fine since.
21st February 2013, 12:53 AM   |  #620  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 2

48 posts
More
Yeah but when I change it to 1 or 2 secs, it still stays on for 5

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread