Test solution to GSP loss
Originally Posted by egren58
Someone please help me get GPS to work...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Solution to GPS loss after flashing this modem with some other ROMs:
1. Download the latest CM10.1 nightly for T999 and the lastest GAPPs for the CM10.1 (both files can be found in cyanogenmod.com)
2. Odin Stock Deodexed Official T999UVDLJA +Root
3. Odin recovery (TWRP)
Note- do not make phone make a full reboot after odin twrp. The stock recovery might write over the flashed twrp. So remove battery of phone when rebooting.
4. Manually reboot to recovery by pressing simutaneously the home, volume up and on button. Release on button and keep pressing home and volume up button when phone vibrates.
5. In recovery (twrp), wipe cache, factory wipe, system and dalvik.
6. Flash CM10.1 nightly then GAPPs.
7. Reboot phone.
8. Turn on GPS and turn on navigation. A flashing GPS icon should appear on the navigation bar of your phone. This means your GPS has been fixed.
You can now flash whatever ROM you like. I flashed my favorite Frosty.
Thank button please it this helps...