Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

18th February 2013, 05:34 PM   |  #2961  
Flag Conway
Thanks Meter: 19

263 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Has the virtual MasterCard # moved locations? It's not showing up when I look at my Visa's details.

sent my GSIII
18th February 2013, 10:30 PM   |  #2962  
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 25

90 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingVinnie

Has anybody tried that market helper app with google wallet? It lets you fake your phone on Google

I haven't tried that app, but you might be better off changing your build.prop. I'm in no way trying to imply the app is malware but why take the chance?
20th February 2013, 06:33 PM   |  #2963  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 72

325 posts
More
Anyone have success with a Wallet installer app? Or some batch process to automate this? I flash ROMs pretty regularly and find myself editing build.prop over and over again. There has to be an easier way.
20th February 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #2964  
Thanks Meter: 13

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjranucci

Anyone have success with a Wallet installer app? Or some batch process to automate this? I flash ROMs pretty regularly and find myself editing build.prop over and over again. There has to be an easier way.

Prl91 made a cool app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044359

You still need to manually update the build.prop in some cases (e.g. Task's ROM). I run task/kt so I am looking for a more complete solution.
20th February 2013, 06:59 PM   |  #2965  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 72

325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pforsb01

Prl91 made a cool app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044359

You still need to manually update the build.prop in some cases (e.g. Task's ROM). I run task/kt so I am looking for a more complete solution.

I am running the same. Maybe we can convince Task to bake GW into the ROM?
21st February 2013, 01:58 AM   |  #2966  
Flag Lethbridge
Thanks Meter: 32

107 posts
Just reporting that Google wallet sets up fine on CM10.1 0219 nightly (4.2.2).

I'm on Telus in Alberta, Canada. I was unable to successfully make a purchase with it. I have previously had success at this location. I have tried both on WiFi and on the mobile network with the same results.

Not sure if it's because of my carrier but Google wallet does not stick on reboot. I have to defrost with TiBu every time. It has been this way for the last 4 or 5 versions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #2967  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cosmo, Fl
Thanks Meter: 366

1,320 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjranucci

I am running the same. Maybe we can convince Task to bake GW into the ROM?

If you are just updating an existing rom, all you need to do is re-flash the wallet app before rebooting for the first time. There is no need to re-do everything unless you are doing a full wipe, or going to a completely different rom.
21st February 2013, 05:11 AM   |  #2968  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 657

2,335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76

Does anyone know,
Google wallet works only in places where they have the sign for Google wallet accepted, or at any place they have fast pass nfc scanners at registers?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by acloaf

Anywhere they have the scanners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

So I tried wallet (latest from OP) in a place where they had a scanner (jumba juice, old navy, and one other place I forgot) I can see wallet app trying to put transaction through, then says check with cashiers as it did not get status... cashiers said it did not go through. Transaction history confirms, that attempts did not go through.

Using wallet on scanners that actually say "Google wallet" works every time (like at Peets coffee)

So, I ask again, is it suppose to work anywhere where they have nfc scanners at registers or only where it says Google wallet?

21st February 2013, 06:15 AM   |  #2969  
Flag Corona
Thanks Meter: 42

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76

So I tried wallet (latest from OP) in a place where they had a scanner (jumba juice, old navy, and one other place I forgot) I can see wallet app trying to put transaction through, then says check with cashiers as it did not get status... cashiers said it did not go through. Transaction history confirms, that attempts did not go through.

Using wallet on scanners that actually say "Google wallet" works every time (like at Peets coffee)

So, I ask again, is it suppose to work anywhere where they have nfc scanners at registers or only where it says Google wallet?

I use it at Jamba Juice frequently, also at cvs, mcdonalds, and jack in the box.
21st February 2013, 06:16 AM   |  #2970  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 657

2,335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirooga

I use it at Jamba Juice frequently, also at cvs, mcdonalds, and jack in the box.

What type of card(s) do you have configured in wallet?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread