Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Tip us?

jerrygooch
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Has the virtual MasterCard # moved locations? It's not showing up when I look at my Visa's details.

sent my GSIII
Samsung Blackjack 2 --> iPhone 3g --> iPhone 4 --> Motorola Atrix --> Galaxy sII Skyrocket --> Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue (AT&T)

iPad 2 --> Transformer Prime --> Nexus 7 16GB

GBP85
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingVinnie View Post
Has anybody tried that market helper app with google wallet? It lets you fake your phone on Google
I haven't tried that app, but you might be better off changing your build.prop. I'm in no way trying to imply the app is malware but why take the chance?

cjranucci
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Anyone have success with a Wallet installer app? Or some batch process to automate this? I flash ROMs pretty regularly and find myself editing build.prop over and over again. There has to be an easier way.
AT&T Galaxy S5

pforsb01
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjranucci View Post
Anyone have success with a Wallet installer app? Or some batch process to automate this? I flash ROMs pretty regularly and find myself editing build.prop over and over again. There has to be an easier way.
Prl91 made a cool app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044359

You still need to manually update the build.prop in some cases (e.g. Task's ROM). I run task/kt so I am looking for a more complete solution.

cjranucci
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by pforsb01 View Post
Prl91 made a cool app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044359

You still need to manually update the build.prop in some cases (e.g. Task's ROM). I run task/kt so I am looking for a more complete solution.
I am running the same. Maybe we can convince Task to bake GW into the ROM?
AT&T Galaxy S5

acloaf
Old
Thanks Meter 32

Just reporting that Google wallet sets up fine on CM10.1 0219 nightly (4.2.2).

I'm on Telus in Alberta, Canada. I was unable to successfully make a purchase with it. I have previously had success at this location. I have tried both on WiFi and on the mobile network with the same results.

Not sure if it's because of my carrier but Google wallet does not stick on reboot. I have to defrost with TiBu every time. It has been this way for the last 4 or 5 versions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

78Staff
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjranucci View Post
I am running the same. Maybe we can convince Task to bake GW into the ROM?

If you are just updating an existing rom, all you need to do is re-flash the wallet app before rebooting for the first time. There is no need to re-do everything unless you are doing a full wipe, or going to a completely different rom.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 32GB
ROM: Task650's AOKP 4.4.4 build 7.21
Kernel: Ktoonsez's KT-SGS4 KK4.4 r7.12
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.5 F2FS
SuperUser: Chainfire's SuperSU v2.01

Want Blacked Out or Clear Apps - look to the Dark Side - Team Black Out
Get 15GB Free Online Storage + 5GB more with referral at Copy.com

gravedigger76
Old
Thanks Meter 637

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76 View Post
Does anyone know,
Google wallet works only in places where they have the sign for Google wallet accepted, or at any place they have fast pass nfc scanners at registers?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by acloaf View Post
Anywhere they have the scanners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

So I tried wallet (latest from OP) in a place where they had a scanner (jumba juice, old navy, and one other place I forgot) I can see wallet app trying to put transaction through, then says check with cashiers as it did not get status... cashiers said it did not go through. Transaction history confirms, that attempts did not go through.

Using wallet on scanners that actually say "Google wallet" works every time (like at Peets coffee)

So, I ask again, is it suppose to work anywhere where they have nfc scanners at registers or only where it says Google wallet?

Phone:
Google Nexus 5 32gb
ROM: Primary: CM 11 Nightlies WITH: MultiROM + Bunch of other ROM's
Kernel: ElementalX-N5

Tablet:
Google Nexus 7 32gb
ROM: Omni Rom (FLOW) + MultiROM With Whole Bunch of ROM's
Kernel: Latest ElementalX-N7
Recovery: TeamWinRecovery

Second Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: Using Dual Boot Patcher: PRIMARY: CM 11 Secondary: Everything Else

sirooga
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76 View Post
So I tried wallet (latest from OP) in a place where they had a scanner (jumba juice, old navy, and one other place I forgot) I can see wallet app trying to put transaction through, then says check with cashiers as it did not get status... cashiers said it did not go through. Transaction history confirms, that attempts did not go through.

Using wallet on scanners that actually say "Google wallet" works every time (like at Peets coffee)

So, I ask again, is it suppose to work anywhere where they have nfc scanners at registers or only where it says Google wallet?

I use it at Jamba Juice frequently, also at cvs, mcdonalds, and jack in the box.

gravedigger76
Old
Thanks Meter 637

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirooga View Post
I use it at Jamba Juice frequently, also at cvs, mcdonalds, and jack in the box.
What type of card(s) do you have configured in wallet?

Phone:
Google Nexus 5 32gb
ROM: Primary: CM 11 Nightlies WITH: MultiROM + Bunch of other ROM's
Kernel: ElementalX-N5

Tablet:
Google Nexus 7 32gb
ROM: Omni Rom (FLOW) + MultiROM With Whole Bunch of ROM's
Kernel: Latest ElementalX-N7
Recovery: TeamWinRecovery

Second Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S4