FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc

3,256 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,831
 
By ogdobber, Recognized Developer on 13th July 2012, 12:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th February 2013, 05:34 PM |#2961  
jerrygooch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Conway
Thanks Meter: 19
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Has the virtual MasterCard # moved locations? It's not showing up when I look at my Visa's details.

sent my GSIII
 
 
18th February 2013, 10:30 PM |#2962  
Senior Member
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingVinnie

Has anybody tried that market helper app with google wallet? It lets you fake your phone on Google

I haven't tried that app, but you might be better off changing your build.prop. I'm in no way trying to imply the app is malware but why take the chance?
20th February 2013, 06:33 PM |#2963  
cjranucci's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Anyone have success with a Wallet installer app? Or some batch process to automate this? I flash ROMs pretty regularly and find myself editing build.prop over and over again. There has to be an easier way.
20th February 2013, 06:56 PM |#2964  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjranucci

Anyone have success with a Wallet installer app? Or some batch process to automate this? I flash ROMs pretty regularly and find myself editing build.prop over and over again. There has to be an easier way.

Prl91 made a cool app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044359

You still need to manually update the build.prop in some cases (e.g. Task's ROM). I run task/kt so I am looking for a more complete solution.
20th February 2013, 06:59 PM |#2965  
cjranucci's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pforsb01

Prl91 made a cool app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044359

You still need to manually update the build.prop in some cases (e.g. Task's ROM). I run task/kt so I am looking for a more complete solution.

I am running the same. Maybe we can convince Task to bake GW into the ROM?
21st February 2013, 01:58 AM |#2966  
acloaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lethbridge
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Just reporting that Google wallet sets up fine on CM10.1 0219 nightly (4.2.2).

I'm on Telus in Alberta, Canada. I was unable to successfully make a purchase with it. I have previously had success at this location. I have tried both on WiFi and on the mobile network with the same results.

Not sure if it's because of my carrier but Google wallet does not stick on reboot. I have to defrost with TiBu every time. It has been this way for the last 4 or 5 versions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 02:03 AM |#2967  
78Staff's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Cosmo, Fl
Thanks Meter: 454
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjranucci

I am running the same. Maybe we can convince Task to bake GW into the ROM?


If you are just updating an existing rom, all you need to do is re-flash the wallet app before rebooting for the first time. There is no need to re-do everything unless you are doing a full wipe, or going to a completely different rom.
21st February 2013, 05:11 AM |#2968  
gravedigger76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 709
 
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76

Does anyone know,
Google wallet works only in places where they have the sign for Google wallet accepted, or at any place they have fast pass nfc scanners at registers?


Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium







Quote:
Originally Posted by acloaf

Anywhere they have the scanners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app


So I tried wallet (latest from OP) in a place where they had a scanner (jumba juice, old navy, and one other place I forgot) I can see wallet app trying to put transaction through, then says check with cashiers as it did not get status... cashiers said it did not go through. Transaction history confirms, that attempts did not go through.

Using wallet on scanners that actually say "Google wallet" works every time (like at Peets coffee)

So, I ask again, is it suppose to work anywhere where they have nfc scanners at registers or only where it says Google wallet?



Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
21st February 2013, 06:15 AM |#2969  
sirooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Corona
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76

So I tried wallet (latest from OP) in a place where they had a scanner (jumba juice, old navy, and one other place I forgot) I can see wallet app trying to put transaction through, then says check with cashiers as it did not get status... cashiers said it did not go through. Transaction history confirms, that attempts did not go through.

Using wallet on scanners that actually say "Google wallet" works every time (like at Peets coffee)

So, I ask again, is it suppose to work anywhere where they have nfc scanners at registers or only where it says Google wallet?



Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

I use it at Jamba Juice frequently, also at cvs, mcdonalds, and jack in the box.
21st February 2013, 06:16 AM |#2970  
gravedigger76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 709
 
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirooga

I use it at Jamba Juice frequently, also at cvs, mcdonalds, and jack in the box.

What type of card(s) do you have configured in wallet?


Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
21st February 2013, 01:56 PM |#2971  
sirooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Corona
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Re: Google wallet fix for SGS3 US variants AT&T, T-MOBILE, US Cellular, VERIZON, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger76

What type of card(s) do you have configured in wallet?


Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

3 visa's. One of which is an atm card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes