Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 45,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] SKYNOTE 9.3- - 4.1.2 ATTK7-(MC3 OTA)- -[7/2/]The Melted Butter Battery Saver

Tip us?

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4721

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] SKYNOTE 8.1- - 4.1.2 ATTK7-(MA4OTA)- -[2/18/]The Melted Butter Battery Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
Here is a weird one...my Shift key functionality is lost when I plug in to my Smart Dock with this ROM. I have tried multiple keyboards. Neither left nor right Shift works. I have switched input methods around, disabled things...nothing helps.
Have you tried this? http://www.swype.com beta version 1.4.5
Not the Swype that's installed on the Rom if you have it.
Just my 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom I'm using with zero issues...
[4.4.2]DN3 V5(Ditto Note 3)

meatlocker
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman View Post
Have you tried this? http://www.swype.com beta version 1.4.5
Not the Swype that's installed on the Rom if you have it.
Just my 2

It is the external keyboard plugged in via USB that loses Shift functionality. The internal keyboards (all of them) work fine. This is a problem, since one of the main reasons to use the dock is for plugging in peripherals.

I just tried restoring a CR 4.0.5 backup, and it works fine there, so it appears to be ROM-related.

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4721

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] SKYNOTE 8.1- - 4.1.2 ATTK7-(MA4OTA)- -[2/18/]The Melted Butter Battery Save

Quote:
It is the external keyboard plugged in via USB that loses Shift functionality. The internal keyboards (all of them) work fine. This is a problem, since one of the main reasons to use the dock is for plugging in peripherals.

I just tried restoring a CR 4.0.5 backup, and it works fine there, so it appears to be ROM-related.
Got ya. Try a Bluetooth keyboard plus it wireless..

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

marcotics
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
You know, its kind of silly to have all these battery comparison discussions.

We all have different programs running in the background, sync different amounts of accounts at different intervals during the day, and have our settings menu setup differently, so any sort of "comparisons" have absolutely no relevance to what each of our phone are doing.

We all know this phone has a giant battery, and, no matter how much we use them, we will get at least one full "business day" worth of power, or more.

This phone has the best battery life of any phone out there now; that's all anyone really needs to know..
No, it isn't silly. This is a forum, its main purpose is for users to discuss subjects. You are completely advising us to go against the main purpose of a forum. I can understand that you're fed up with people comparing batteries and that's fine. But maybe you could try providing a more positive ambiance instead of trying to cutoff people's rights to discuss topics that matter to them.

meatlocker
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Got ya. Try a Bluetooth keyboard plus it wireless..

Nope, happens there, too. Anyone else have a BT keyboard they have tested out with this ROM? Do your Shift keys work?
The Following User Says Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
(Last edited by Bajanman; 20th February 2013 at 05:35 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4721

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcotics View Post
No, it isn't silly. This is a forum, its main purpose is for users to discuss subjects. You are completely advising us to go against the main purpose of a forum. I can understand that you're fed up with people comparing batteries and that's fine. But maybe you could try providing a more positive ambiance instead of trying to cutoff people's rights to discuss topics that matter to them.

Discuss Rom issue's, problems, bugs, what's not working with what & so on.
So I c your new here#1.
(Not trying to flame you just making a point)
So I take it you don't understand about clutter! You'll learn when you read thru a thread with over 1000 pages. There's a few higher ones out there with a bunch of unnecessary post in there. Jmo
And batteries themself work different from everyone's day, to day use. So posting battery use and how much time you got out of it. It's kinda of useless. And it cluttered the thread! All it takes is one person to post something about battery life, and the list just keeps going & going. Like the energizer bunny! I learned that from the skyrocket threads! :what:
Why I say that it's because each & every person here uses the phone differently. And we all have the same 3100mah battery! So all the phones should at least give you a fun full day of use.. like WASE was stating earlier.
Pending on your phone set up!!
Just my 2
I'm done here now...

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Nope, happens there, too. Anyone else have a BT keyboard they have tested out with this ROM? Do your Shift keys work?
Hmm not sure about that one then. I would do a search to c what you come up with. That's how I get all my answers it's by searching. Search is your friend

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcotics
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
You know, its kind of silly to have all these battery comparison discussions.

We all have different programs running in the background, sync different amounts of accounts at different intervals during the day, and have our settings menu setup differently, so any sort of "comparisons" have absolutely no relevance to what each of our phone are doing.

We all know this phone has a giant battery, and, no matter how much we use them, we will get at least one full "business day" worth of power, or more.

This phone has the best battery life of any phone out there now; that's all anyone really needs to know..
Quote:
Discuss Rom issue's, problems, bugs, what's not working with what & so on.
So I c your new here#1.
(Not trying to flame you just making a point)
So I take it you don't understand about clutter! You'll learn when you read thru a thread with over 1000 pages. There's a few higher ones out there with a bunch of unnecessary post in there. Jmo
And batteries themself work different from everyone's day, to day use. So posting battery use and how much time you got out of it. It's kinda of useless. And it cluttered the thread! All it takes is one person to post something about battery life, and the list just keeps going & going. Like the energizer bunny! I learned that from the skyrocket threads! :what:
Why I say that it's because each & every person here uses the phone differently. And we all have the same 3100mah battery! So all the phones should at least give you a fun full day of use.. like WASE was stating earlier.
Pending on your phone set up!!
Just my 2
I'm done here now...

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Hmm not sure about that one then. I would do a search to c what you come up with. That's how I get all my answers it's by searching. Search is your friend

What if there is a problem that is inherent to a recent update in a ROM that causes serious battery drain?
Just my dollar $.
The Following User Says Thank You to marcotics For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4721

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcotics View Post
What if there is a problem that is inherent to a recent update in a ROM that causes serious battery drain?
Just my dollar $.
then that would b something to post about to find your issue:thumbup:. But for me personally if I had very bad battery drain then I'll just start over and re-flash the Rom.

softballjunkee13
Old
(Last edited by softballjunkee13; 20th February 2013 at 07:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1422

Only reason I personally posted my battery was just to show Sean the brilliance he brought to my new device.

I been around long enough to know everyone's will vary. U know that bajanman

The Following User Says Thank You to softballjunkee13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4721

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballjunkee13 View Post
Only reason I personally posted my battery was just to show Sean the brilliance he brought to my new device.

I been around long enough to know everyone's will vary. U know that bajanman

Of course I knew that. Wasn't towards you at all Softball. Just so you know. Was just pointing out some facts is all.

And just so you know yes the battery life it's excellent on everything Sean puts out! That's just from experience. And u know that from the old SR days. Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]