XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab2 7 and 10 the same?

Tip us?

eduardo_b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Default Tab2 7 and 10 the same?

I have a rooted, flashed Nexus 7 but wanted a tablet of same size with extSD, so I just bought a Tab2 7 wifi. Can I apply the information for rooting and flashing for 10.1? Are Tab and Tab2 essentially the same in this regard? And, what's the U.S. model number I should look for when it comes to ROMs and kernels? If there's a thread covering all of this, I'd love to find it. Searching the forums didn't result in anything useful. Nexus 7 seems further along with original development than Tab (I also have two rooted, flashed S3s). Thanks for any help/suggestions.
If my reply helped you, please click on thanks to let me know.

nakedninja42
Old
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo_b View Post
I have a rooted, flashed Nexus 7 but wanted a tablet of same size with extSD, so I just bought a Tab2 7 wifi. Can I apply the information for rooting and flashing for 10.1? Are Tab and Tab2 essentially the same in this regard? And, what's the U.S. model number I should look for when it comes to ROMs and kernels? If there's a thread covering all of this, I'd love to find it. Searching the forums didn't result in anything useful. Nexus 7 seems further along with original development than Tab (I also have two rooted, flashed S3s). Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Do NOT flash anything in this section as this is the first gen tablet. They are nowhere near the same (different processors and whatnot). If you flash anything from here, you raise the risk creating an expensive paperweight. You need to find the right section by searching Google using terms like xda GT-P51 (whatever the model number found in your about screen).
Phone: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 with ART

Tablet: Nexus 7 stock 4.4

Wife: Nexus 5 stock 4.4 / Kindle Fire otter CM 10.1.3 4.2.2

Old: HTC Pure; Samsung SGH-I897; Samsung GT-P7510; Samsung SGH-I777

eduardo_b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
Do NOT flash anything in this section as this is the first gen tablet. They are nowhere near the same (different processors and whatnot). If you flash anything from here, you raise the risk creating an expensive paperweight. You need to find the right section by searching Google using terms like xda GT-P51 (whatever the model number found in your about screen).
Okay, that's precisely what I needed to know. It's GT-P3113. I'll look for info on that.
If my reply helped you, please click on thanks to let me know.