5,600,571 Members 33,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thin Cover Like iPad

Tip us?

AGxM
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Try looking at the Anymode cases WEBSITE

I have one and I like it a lot, seems to give decent protection and is wafer thin
An oldie, newbie - been here years and still clueless!
Samsung Galaxy SIV
Samsung Note 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to AGxM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

savvacon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: Thin Cover Like iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGxM View Post

I have one and I like it a lot, seems to give decent protection and is wafer thin
Which one you have? They look interesting. Not sure how some of them on their site hold onto the tablet...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

comsajoh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have also ordered one online. The "vip" model. I am expecting it to arrive tomorrow together with the GNote 10.1. I will post pictures with the Note with the case on and off so you can evalutate if this one is ok for you or not

CentaXx
Old
(Last edited by CentaXx; 20th February 2013 at 07:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
My Note should arrive tomorrow and i'll pretty soon get a cover for it. I really dislike Samsungs build quality, i could scratch the whole back of it in one day i guess .. Like many did with the S3. My Motorola razr i doesn't even show a scratch even if it has been dropped by my girlfriend once and i don't handle it too careful.

I think i'll go with the Samsung Diary cover. I don't want my tablet to be bulky just because the manufacturer can't use proper materials and i'm too afraid of scratching it. But the fact that it won't stay closed is a major drawback, seems like i won't get the allround case i need. I think i'll have a look if i can get the Anymode I-Band case in Germany, at least this one looks good in my opinion.
HTC One [red] || Galaxy Note 10.1 [blue]

ex: Motorola RAZR i || HTC Desire HD

justauser
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default crazyondigital

I bought one from crazyondigital on amazon. had it for months and am pretty happy. it handles portrait and landscape. on amazon and inexpensive.

rmeulendijk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGxM View Post

Is it only possible for people in the U.K. to order those cases or am I missing something? I can't order any of the products on the website....

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeulendijk View Post
Is it only possible for people in the U.K. to order those cases or am I missing something? I can't order any of the products on the website....
Sorry, found it!!
HTC TYTNII
HTC Touch HD
HTC HD2
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

dt1401
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by savvacon View Post
Looking for some help. I've looked in many many places but haven't found a cover like the magnetic cover iPad users have. Is there such a cover for the Note 10.1? Looking for the thinnest cover I can find.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Samsung Book Cover is about the closest to the smart cover. However I have an iPad 3 also and that smart cover is dangerous... It is really slick and if you are not really careful it will detach itself...
My Devices

Manufacture: Samsung
Model: SCH-R760 Galaxy S II
Firmware: 4.04 - Rooted Stock FK19 - CWM Recovery 6.0.1.2
Carrier: US Cellular

Manufacture: Samsung
Model: GT-N8013 Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet 16 GB
Firmware: 4.1.2 - Redemption Rom XXCMA5 - CWM Recovery 6.0.2.7
Carrier: Wifi Only

formeriphoneuser
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Have you tried this case? http://www.amazon.de/Stilgut-Origina...1754356&sr=8-2

deecee52
Old
(Last edited by deecee52; 26th March 2013 at 03:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: Thin Cover Like iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee52 View Post
The thinnest cover will still be thicker than the iPad because we don't have the magnetic hinge that would allow only the front cover..

The Samsung cover is remarkably thin, but doesn't stay closed.

There are several trifold covers that have a back that then clips onto the corners of the table with a cut out for the pen., several ship from Hong Kong. Some on eBay, some on Amazon.com the stock is constantly changing.

I ended up getting one that is advertised ads unless thin by mistake. It uses an adhesive to stick to the back of the pad. I really DON'T like that. It also makes removing the pen difficult. Plus it doesn't have a slot to charge the tab without opening the cover. I had to cut one.

It has a fold over flap so that it doesn't open accidentally, but the cover is very floppy. I've only been using it a few weeks, but it just doesn't feel that solid.

In the end I'll probably go with a knockoff Samsung if I can find one that stays closed.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD
As in update: I received a very cheap trifold magnetic cover that I ordered off of eBay similar to this. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=87359384600

So far it is working fine. It has magnets to keep closed and my pen works fine for drawing.

It has volume, power and charging ports and buttons exposed and you can easily remove your pen. The only thing I wanted exposed was the headphone jack, but a simple hole punch fixed that. Certainly cheap enough.

Now for the warning. The stick on cases are much worse than I expected. They are stuck on pretty much permanently, so switching cases for different activities was not possible. I do that to have a keyboard sometimes. Now the really bad part, the adhesive is strong enough that you can separate the back from the tablet if you are not careful.

I did just that. Nothing breaks, the back of the tablet it's very flexible, but it is a real bear to get back together. Let's just say I know more about the inside off the tab than I would want to this stage in the warranty.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus
Tablet: Notion Ink Adam,JB Beta
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1, JB 4.1.2

aalupatti
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee52 View Post
As in update: I received a very cheap trifold magnetic cover that I ordered off of eBay similar to this. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=87359384600

So far it is working fine. It has magnets to keep closed and my pen works fine for drawing.

It has volume, peer ands charging exposed ands you can easily remove your own. The only thing I wanted exposed was the headphone jack, but a simple hole punch fixed that. Certainly cheap enough.

Now for the warning. The stick on cases are much worse than I expected. They are stuck on pretty much permanently, so switching cases for different activities was not possible. I do that to have a keyboard sometimes. Now the really bad part, the adhesive is strong enough that you can separate the back from the tablet off you are not careful.

I did just that. Nothing breaks, the back of the tablet it's very flexible, but it is a real bear to get back together. Let's just say I know more about the inside off the tab than I would want to this stage in the warranty.

Can you post some pics with the case