5,595,964 Members 31,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems sending/receiving text messages?

Tip us?

ledvedder
Old
(Last edited by ledvedder; 20th February 2013 at 04:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Problems sending/receiving text messages?

Has anyone experienced issues with sending and receiving text messages? I've noticed a few times I would send a message, then later I see that it never went through, and is sitting there with a spinning circle next to it. It will stay like that until I restart the phone.

universexda
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledvedder View Post
Has anyone experienced issued with sending and receiving text messages? I've noticed a few times I would send a message, then later I see that it never went through, and is sitting there with a spinning circle next to it. It will stay like that until I restart the phone.
Never had that problem with my stock Verizon GN2.

ledvedder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by universexda View Post
Never had that problem with my stock Verizon GN2.
I'm just running the stock rooted ROM.

ScottieB
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Only happened to me once or twice but turned out I was in a corner of my building with a very weak signal.

I did get some weirdness with the old 'radio'/'modem' but flashing the new one helped. Have you tried the new radio?

ledvedder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieB View Post
Only happened to me once or twice but turned out I was in a corner of my building with a very weak signal.

I did get some weirdness with the old 'radio'/'modem' but flashing the new one helped. Have you tried the new radio?
What/where is that?

ScottieB
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm no expert, but the radio/modem is basically the phone part of your phone - the communication part. There's a new version (is it firmware? I guess so) to flash which for some (like me) has improved reception. I don't think I've seen it do anything BAD, but I could be wrong. I got it from the Beans Rom thread. As always be careful, CHECK THE MD5, and I'm not sure if it needs a specific os version, but I installed it when I upgraded to Beans build 9.

It is in the second post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2032447 (beans thread) or I'm sure you could search the forums for "VRALL4 Modem"