Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[Q] How Is Worthy Successor of HD2

3rd February 2013, 02:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi to all,
I am using HD2 for about 3 years, and during this time thanks to the XDA community I was able to experience on it Windows Mobile 6.5, Windows Phone 7, Android 2.4, Adnoird 4.0.4 and Android 4.1.2. With the last two, I grow very attached to the NexusHD2 ROMs. Moving to the Native SD has improved the performance substantially in the last months.

After all this time, these ROMs helped me reinvent and use my device in many new ways, unavailable to WinMo 6.5 at the time.

What I want to ask you is which device do you think will be worthy successor of this marvelous device?

After the CES 2013, and my preference to metal casing and clean shapes, Iím looking forward to Lenovo K900, whit itís 5.5Ē full HD display, 2 gigs of RAM, 13MP camera, and beefy Intel CPU, as possible candidate. What I donít like is the customizations applied to the OS by Lenovo. Do you think there is a chance for Nexus port on this device.

As alternative I perceive the Nexus4 but despite itís attractive price, and compared to the K900 hardware, it is more like 2nd best from my prospective. But the option to get the latest Android directly from Google is strengthening the offer.

Probably you have heard the rumors about the upcoming Android 5.0 premier.

Iím not planning to retire my HD2 yet, but with the latest Hardware offering on the market it is hard not to think about it.

Could you share your opinion on the topic?
Last edited by beta3; 4th February 2013 at 07:58 AM.
4th February 2013, 01:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 34

239 posts
currently, the google nexus 4. that's what i just bought anyway.
a true developer's phone with an unlocked bootloader, vanilla android etc.
5th February 2013, 11:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theabsurdman

currently, the google nexus 4. that's what i just bought anyway.
a true developer's phone with an unlocked bootloader, vanilla android etc.

a worthy successor must be able to do everything his predecessor could and better. if the google nexus is the worthy successor we can say goodbye to SD development.
12th February 2013, 07:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 230

1,775 posts
More
There is no worthy successor and there likely will never be a successor to the HD2. There will probably never be another phone that can run WM6, Android, WP7 and all the other OSs that are out there for the HD2. Just look at HTC now and their locked bootloader crap. Hell, as far as I know, the One X still doesn't have S-OFF.
17th February 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 107

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr5678

There is no worthy successor and there likely will never be a successor to the HD2. There will probably never be another phone that can run WM6, Android, WP7 and all the other OSs that are out there for the HD2. Just look at HTC now and their locked bootloader crap. Hell, as far as I know, the One X still doesn't have S-OFF.

Your right in every way.
That phone is just legend, and legends does not have successors
The Following User Says Thank You to Vesavoj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 12:23 PM   |  #6  
Flag Yerevan
Thanks Meter: 150

1,126 posts
More
I have my HD2 in very good shape sitting in my drawer with WM custom KleaNex ROM on it,I bought it ,if not mistaken back in 2009 when it first came out,however never used it since I got the Samsung Galaxy Note II which I think is fully worthwile successor.
19th February 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagba

I have my HD2 in very good shape sitting in my drawer with WM custom KleaNex ROM on it,I bought it ,if not mistaken back in 2009 when it first came out,however never used it since I got the Samsung Galaxy Note II which I think is fully worthwile successor.

I must agree. From what I've been able to read up on, the Note II is definitely a capable competitor.
20th February 2013, 02:18 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 19

141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooAlive

I must agree. From what I've been able to read up on, the Note II is definitely a capable competitor.

I came from an HD2 to the Samsung Galaxy Note II. I can tell you that it's a terrific phone.
20th February 2013, 11:06 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 53

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta3

What I want to ask you is which device do you think will be worthy successor of this marvelous device?

As far as the aesthetics go, I think the newly announced HTC One is potentially a true successor to our beloved HD2.
See e.g., http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/19/40...u-need-to-know

The only question is: Will it be as hackable?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	htc-one-560-landscape.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1745654  
20th February 2013, 07:04 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 17

10 posts
I came from an HD2 to the Samsung Galaxy Note II. I can tell you that it's a terrific phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread