Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[Q] screen lag

20th February 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

65 posts
Hi there,

I noticed on my GT2 a screen lag between touching the display and start moving my finger.
For an example: i touch the display with my finger in an app like "multitouch visualizer 2" and i see how it recognizes my finger. But when i start moving my finger, i have to move my finger for a small distance until it shows me how my finger is moving. It's not much but it still bothers me. I don't recognize anything like that on my nexus 4 or other devices.
It happens also in every app, that's why i think it's either hardware or firmware related. Does anyone has a solution for me?

I'm running codeworkx' CM10.1 with the aokp kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2
Last edited by paescheh; 20th February 2013 at 07:07 PM.
20th February 2013, 08:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 63

601 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] screen lag
Quote:
Originally Posted by paescheh

Hi there,

I noticed on my GT2 a screen lag between touching the display and start moving my finger.
For an example: i touch the display with my finger in an app like "multitouch visualizer 2" and i see how it recognizes my finger. But when i start moving my finger, i have to move my finger for a small distance until it shows me how my finger is moving. It's not much but it still bothers me. I don't recognize anything like that on my nexus 4 or other devices.
It happens also in every app, that's why i think it's either hardware or firmware related. Does anyone has a solution for me?

I'm running codeworkx' CM10.1 with the aokp kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Codework says today that aokp kernel may produce problems on CM ,change the kernel and look if the problem persist.

Enviado desde mi GT-P3110 usando Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

65 posts
AW: [Q] screen lag
I use aokp kernel only since a few weeks. As far as i remember i had the problem already before i changed the kernel.
But I'll give it a try thanks

28th April 2013, 11:30 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

115 posts
hello. i was going to make a new thread about this, but i searched this forum and found this thread.
because i've noticed this problem since i first got my tablet (GT2 10.1) last year and it's very annoying because it makes the whole experience feel laggy and cheap. is it certain that a kernel change will fix the issue?
thank you
2nd May 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVermicide

hello. i was going to make a new thread about this, but i searched this forum and found this thread.
because i've noticed this problem since i first got my tablet (GT2 10.1) last year and it's very annoying because it makes the whole experience feel laggy and cheap. is it certain that a kernel change will fix the issue?
thank you

It dident really solve the problem. The lag still exists. I got used to the small lag but the experience with the AOKP-Kernel is pretty good to me.

I think we have to keep in mind that our tablet isn't a premium product like the Nexus 10 or any other highend (expensive) tablets.
2nd May 2013, 10:17 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 22

115 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paescheh

It dident really solve the problem. The lag still exists. I got used to the small lag but the experience with the AOKP-Kernel is pretty good to me.

I think we have to keep in mind that our tablet isn't a premium product like the Nexus 10 or any other highend (expensive) tablets.

yeah I figured it was a hardware problem that can't be fixed with software. maybe firmware but who knows? I just look forward to getting a nexus
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread