Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] screen lag

Tip us?

paescheh
Old
(Last edited by paescheh; 20th February 2013 at 07:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] screen lag

Hi there,

I noticed on my GT2 a screen lag between touching the display and start moving my finger.
For an example: i touch the display with my finger in an app like "multitouch visualizer 2" and i see how it recognizes my finger. But when i start moving my finger, i have to move my finger for a small distance until it shows me how my finger is moving. It's not much but it still bothers me. I don't recognize anything like that on my nexus 4 or other devices.
It happens also in every app, that's why i think it's either hardware or firmware related. Does anyone has a solution for me?

I'm running codeworkx' CM10.1 with the aokp kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

moliverac8
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] screen lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by paescheh View Post
Hi there,

I noticed on my GT2 a screen lag between touching the display and start moving my finger.
For an example: i touch the display with my finger in an app like "multitouch visualizer 2" and i see how it recognizes my finger. But when i start moving my finger, i have to move my finger for a small distance until it shows me how my finger is moving. It's not much but it still bothers me. I don't recognize anything like that on my nexus 4 or other devices.
It happens also in every app, that's why i think it's either hardware or firmware related. Does anyone has a solution for me?

I'm running codeworkx' CM10.1 with the aokp kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Codework says today that aokp kernel may produce problems on CM ,change the kernel and look if the problem persist.

Enviado desde mi GT-P3110 usando Tapatalk 2
Follow me on twitter if I helped you @moliverac8
You can ask me questions by twitter

paescheh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default AW: [Q] screen lag

I use aokp kernel only since a few weeks. As far as i remember i had the problem already before i changed the kernel.
But I'll give it a try thanks

xVermicide
Old
Thanks Meter 21
hello. i was going to make a new thread about this, but i searched this forum and found this thread.
because i've noticed this problem since i first got my tablet (GT2 10.1) last year and it's very annoying because it makes the whole experience feel laggy and cheap. is it certain that a kernel change will fix the issue?
thank you

paescheh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVermicide View Post
hello. i was going to make a new thread about this, but i searched this forum and found this thread.
because i've noticed this problem since i first got my tablet (GT2 10.1) last year and it's very annoying because it makes the whole experience feel laggy and cheap. is it certain that a kernel change will fix the issue?
thank you
It dident really solve the problem. The lag still exists. I got used to the small lag but the experience with the AOKP-Kernel is pretty good to me.

I think we have to keep in mind that our tablet isn't a premium product like the Nexus 10 or any other highend (expensive) tablets.

xVermicide
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by paescheh View Post
It dident really solve the problem. The lag still exists. I got used to the small lag but the experience with the AOKP-Kernel is pretty good to me.

I think we have to keep in mind that our tablet isn't a premium product like the Nexus 10 or any other highend (expensive) tablets.
yeah I figured it was a hardware problem that can't be fixed with software. maybe firmware but who knows? I just look forward to getting a nexus