True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more
Post Reply

[Q] screen lag

OP paescheh

20th February 2013, 08:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Hi there,

I noticed on my GT2 a screen lag between touching the display and start moving my finger.
For an example: i touch the display with my finger in an app like "multitouch visualizer 2" and i see how it recognizes my finger. But when i start moving my finger, i have to move my finger for a small distance until it shows me how my finger is moving. It's not much but it still bothers me. I don't recognize anything like that on my nexus 4 or other devices.
It happens also in every app, that's why i think it's either hardware or firmware related. Does anyone has a solution for me?

I'm running codeworkx' CM10.1 with the aokp kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2
Last edited by paescheh; 20th February 2013 at 08:07 PM.
20th February 2013, 09:44 PM   |  #2  
moliverac8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 64
 
653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] screen lag
Quote:
Originally Posted by paescheh

Hi there,

I noticed on my GT2 a screen lag between touching the display and start moving my finger.
For an example: i touch the display with my finger in an app like "multitouch visualizer 2" and i see how it recognizes my finger. But when i start moving my finger, i have to move my finger for a small distance until it shows me how my finger is moving. It's not much but it still bothers me. I don't recognize anything like that on my nexus 4 or other devices.
It happens also in every app, that's why i think it's either hardware or firmware related. Does anyone has a solution for me?

I'm running codeworkx' CM10.1 with the aokp kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Codework says today that aokp kernel may produce problems on CM ,change the kernel and look if the problem persist.

Enviado desde mi GT-P3110 usando Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
AW: [Q] screen lag
I use aokp kernel only since a few weeks. As far as i remember i had the problem already before i changed the kernel.
But I'll give it a try thanks

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2
29th April 2013, 12:30 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
hello. i was going to make a new thread about this, but i searched this forum and found this thread.
because i've noticed this problem since i first got my tablet (GT2 10.1) last year and it's very annoying because it makes the whole experience feel laggy and cheap. is it certain that a kernel change will fix the issue?
thank you
2nd May 2013, 10:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVermicide

hello. i was going to make a new thread about this, but i searched this forum and found this thread.
because i've noticed this problem since i first got my tablet (GT2 10.1) last year and it's very annoying because it makes the whole experience feel laggy and cheap. is it certain that a kernel change will fix the issue?
thank you

It dident really solve the problem. The lag still exists. I got used to the small lag but the experience with the AOKP-Kernel is pretty good to me.

I think we have to keep in mind that our tablet isn't a premium product like the Nexus 10 or any other highend (expensive) tablets.
2nd May 2013, 11:17 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paescheh

It dident really solve the problem. The lag still exists. I got used to the small lag but the experience with the AOKP-Kernel is pretty good to me.

I think we have to keep in mind that our tablet isn't a premium product like the Nexus 10 or any other highend (expensive) tablets.

yeah I figured it was a hardware problem that can't be fixed with software. maybe firmware but who knows? I just look forward to getting a nexus
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes