Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 49,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Canadian ICS Rooting

Tip us?

11alliance11
Old
Thanks Meter 1
There is a quicker method to removing the battery! When you first Root using Odin, AS SOON as PASS! appears in the blue box, press volume up and down at the same time without pressing power. You will go into CWM ! But you still need to do the rest of the steps. This just eliminates the step where you have to remove the battery and boot using power + volume up and down. Enjoy! + repp!
The Following User Says Thank You to 11alliance11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sports77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11alliance11 View Post
There is a quicker method to removing the battery! When you first Root using Odin, AS SOON as PASS! appears in the blue box, press volume up and down at the same time without pressing power. You will go into CWM ! But you still need to do the rest of the steps. This just eliminates the step where you have to remove the battery and boot using power + volume up and down. Enjoy! + repp!
Thanks Great tip, I have Roger Note I717r work like a charm Thanks.....:

ppwlee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I failed in step 10 to install superuser ZIP as I put the file in the wrong location. Now when I try to put the phone into downloading mode it won't go into CWM but stock recovery mode (3e). Is there any way for me to go back to step 9 and install superuser ZIP again?

Thanks for any help.

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppwlee View Post
Hi, I failed in step 10 to install superuser ZIP as I put the file in the wrong location. Now when I try to put the phone into downloading mode it won't go into CWM but stock recovery mode (3e). Is there any way for me to go back to step 9 and install superuser ZIP again?

Thanks for any help.
You failed way before step 10. If you are getting stock recovery then you are failing in the steps before. Start over.
Samsung I717R Note
I717RUXMD1 Rogers Deodexed Stock JB ROM

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
Winmo 6.5 Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

bigboy0723
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This works. Excellent.

I followed the AT&T rooting procedure which always put in me into the Andrioid Recovery Mode, then I came across this post and followed the steps ans it works.

Just make sure when using the ES file exploerer to rename the script, make sure your go to setting first, then scroll down and check all the boxes in the root setting section, or else you don't have access to system files.

I also download he Root Checker and Rom Manager from Play store. Root Check can verify if you have root access and Rom Manger can hrlp you boot into CMW recoverary esaily.

Benlagraine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Best thread I've read all day!

Alleluia!!!! thank you thank you! The best news I've had all day after searching and searching.......

I have a galaxy note i717m from bell and this ICS business worked perfectly. Have to follow step by step, and alleluia!!! thank you again!

bigboy0723
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I upgraded my i717r (Rogers version) to JB today. So, I lost my root as expected. I re-do this procedure again and everything went smoothly, no error. But when I verify it with Root Checker, it said I have no root access.

Anybody has this problem? Might be this procedure doesn't work anymore on JB.

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Procedure is exactly the same as ICS. And since you updated via Odin or kies then there should be no script to stop the installation of the custom recovery. What method did you use? It is recommended to use the new version 3 Odin.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium
Samsung I717R Note
I717RUXMD1 Rogers Deodexed Stock JB ROM

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
Winmo 6.5 Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

bigboy0723
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I use the same procedure outlined in the first post. I will try to use the odin3 when I get back home tonight. Hope it will work.

Thanks for the hints.

bigboy0723
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I tried it again with Odin3 v3.04. It has the same problem. Odin went thru successfully, Both CMW and superuser are installed but still no root access.

Strange...any other suggestion. By the way, I upgraded my note thru Kies yesterday,