OP Cmorris8848

19th February 2013, 01:07 AM   |  #71  
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 16

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney

Exactly my fear. I knew that would happen

Me too. Putting metal that close to glass just seems risky.
19th February 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 1,030

2,630 posts
Re: MoKo Ultra Slim
I removed mine and coated it in plasti-dip
20th February 2013, 02:31 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 13

196 posts
More
Quote:

I removed mine and coated it in plasti-dip

Looks like the company suggests using their new primer on metal before coating with plasti-dip. Did you do that? or is that just a gimmick?
20th February 2013, 02:35 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 663

1,615 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKaz

Looks like the company suggests using their new primer on metal before coating with plasti-dip. Did you do that? or is that just a gimmick?

I won't speak for the poster describing use of plasti-dip, but if they recommend a primer, it's probably more than just a gimmick. Plastic dip finishes like this can be great -- but if not properly adhered, they can separate and peel off in a short time, even if the initial coating appears sound. A good primer can improve the "mating" of the surface to be coated and the new finish.
20th February 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #75  

2,630 posts
It's bull****. Yes it will help adhere, but ive been using the spray for a long long time.

I have applied it over chrome with no issues.
The trick is to just speckle on the first coat and let it dry for 15 minutes. You can't put heavy coats on.. It never dries right. 4-5 light coats is the way to go
The Following User Says Thank You to FormeriPhoney For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 13

196 posts
More
Quote:

It's bull****. Yes it will help adhere, but ive been using the spray for a long long time.

I have applied it over chrome with no issues.
The trick is to just speckle on the first coat and let it dry for 15 minutes. You can't put heavy coats on.. It never dries right. 4-5 light coats is the way to go

cool. so you don't use spray then..?

What's the best place to pick some up? Lowe's and Home Depot are marked as "special order" on their website... lots of colors available?
20th February 2013, 10:40 PM   |  #77  

2,630 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKaz

cool. so you don't use spray then..?

What's the best place to pick some up? Lowe's and Home Depot are marked as "special order" on their website... lots of colors available?

I've always picked it up at home Depot. Not many choices in colors. Black, red, green, blue pretty much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 04:21 AM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I've had this had this case for about a week and like it so far. It fits well and doesn't seem to tight. As a stand the folded cover is very stable. Using it with the Nexus on resting on my knees and a bluetooth keyboard on my lap while I type this. I put a piece of clear packing tape over the metal tab on the inside of the cover so that metal can not directly contact the glass. To early to tell how well the case will hold up. I'm considering adding a couple of velcro strips to the back of the case and cover to hold the cover in place when it's folded under the tablet.
22nd February 2013, 08:02 AM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 102

376 posts
More
I cut a hole in my Moko copy case so I can plug in the Magnetic Pogo cable...googd thing it was a cheap copy lol!
23rd February 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi!
I have a poetic slimcase and everytime i remove it the rubber on the corners goes away. Anyone can say if this case has the same problem?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread