Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,079 Members 50,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.1.2]Stock Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 [Canada edition][International]

Tip us?

halsafar
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Can I install Canadian ROM on AT&T E970?

CryoFast
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by halsafar View Post
Can I install Canadian ROM on AT&T E970?
For WHAT? Use ROM from post#2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...90&postcount=2
LG Optimus G E973 Telus

rxmxsh
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryoFast View Post
I presume we still cannot dirty flash from V1 to V3, right? It's supposed to be a clean install?

halsafar
Old
(Last edited by halsafar; 20th February 2013 at 05:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I did a full wipe, including formatting system. Installed the newest AT&T version on a E970.

WiFi password appears to persist across reboots.

SD Card is now mounted to /storage/external_SD/ and this seems to cause the phone to not recognize it. MTP no longer shows the sdcard. Any fix for this? The Camera can't save photos it takes, Gallery shows no files, Settings->Storage shows only internal. Yet my sdcard is mounted and shows up via adb shell ls /storage/external_SD/.

dbgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmxsh View Post
I presume we still cannot dirty flash from V1 to V3, right? It's supposed to be a clean install?
correct. In fact..

Quote:
Mandatory that you do a clean Install
in the OP is conclusive proof.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote:
SD Card is now mounted to /storage/external_SD/ and this seems to cause the phone to not recognize it. MTP no longer shows the sdcard. Any fix for this? The Camera can't save photos it takes, Gallery shows no files, Settings->Storage shows only internal. Yet my sdcard is mounted and shows up via adb shell ls /storage/external_SD/.
Use QuickPic to see your photos or use the scanmedia app and scan your device (for some, this fixes the gallery access to ext sd card issue). What do you mean "MTP no longer shows the sdcard"? Do you mean, you can't see the card, in windows explorer, if you are connected MTP? If so, then do this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=453

halsafar
Old
(Last edited by halsafar; 20th February 2013 at 06:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgeek View Post
Use QuickPic to see your photos or use the scanmedia app and scan your device (for some, this fixes the gallery access to ext sd card issue). What do you mean "MTP no longer shows the sdcard"? Do you mean, you can't see the card, in windows explorer, if you are connected MTP? If so, then do this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=453
Done and it didn't work. I can verify that /storage/external_SD is now mounting to /sdcard/external_sd (binding). However MTP and all apps still crash whenever trying to access the sdcard. I see lots of "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped". In fact after adding that script to rbind mount, MTP cannot even load the internal storage. It caused a dozen errors on the phone and Windows Explorer is stuck forever loading the MTP internal storage directory.

For whatever reason after a full wipe and reinstall of the ROM I notice that /sdcard/external_sd is a link to /storage/sdcard1. However my sdcard is mounting under /storage/external_SD. I tried modifying fstab to correct this and I ended up at the same place as the ScriptManager fix you linked. Tons of errors involving the android.process.media process and MTP was completely borked.

dbgeek
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Done and it didn't work. I can verify that /storage/external_SD is now mounting to /sdcard/external_sd (binding). However MTP and all apps still crash whenever trying to access the sdcard. I see lots of "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped". In fact after adding that script to rbind mount, MTP cannot even load the internal storage. It caused a dozen errors on the phone and Windows Explorer is stuck forever loading the MTP internal storage directory.

For whatever reason after a full wipe and reinstall of the ROM I notice that /sdcard/external_sd is a link to /storage/sdcard1. However my sdcard is mounting under /storage/external_SD. I tried modifying fstab to correct this and I ended up at the same place as the ScriptManager fix you linked. Tons of errors involving the android.process.media process and MTP was completely borked.
When you reinstalled your apps did you use Titanium Back Up or some other App manager/back up utility? If so, did you include data? Most people who get the FC's did app install with data. Install without data and your prob should go away.

halsafar
Old
(Last edited by halsafar; 20th February 2013 at 07:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgeek View Post
When you reinstalled your apps did you use Titanium Back Up or some other App manager/back up utility? If so, did you include data? Most people who get the FC's did app install with data. Install without data and your prob should go away.
This is a full wipe:
- factory reset, wipes user data
- wipe cache
- wipe dalvik
- format /system
- format /sdcard
- format /data & /data/media
- install rom

No TB, just go right into trying to get the sd card to work. I've tried the Canadian version of the rom and ATT v2 rom. I'm now trying ATT v1 to see if it resolves it.

I also cannot make a phone call. The 'contacts' process crashes the moment I try and initiate a call and prevents the call from starting.

cryolithic
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonus View Post
ATT Version: Confirmed "Unfortunately, Settings Has Stopped" when clicking bluetooth tethering with the latest release installed using guidelines documented in first post. (Factory reset etc)
Telus version, I don't crash on clicking bluetooth tethering, but it doesn't work for me at all. My TF300T can't share the internet connection with it.

Dommage
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Any way to have LG Tag+ apps ? did a little research but doesn't find anything