Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you getting yourself a HTC One ?
Yes! 1,542 70.00%
Maybe... 521 23.65%
No! 140 6.35%
Voters: 2203. You may not vote on this poll

[discontinued] HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One (M7) - Mega Information Thread

Tip us?

deboopi2
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Camera: Foveon or not

At the time I started searching for info concerning the Htc m7 I read about the camera that might be one using a Foveon sensor.
For what I've seen now this is not the case, so what about picture quality, a Foveon should have 13 Mpixels albeit some problems with light reaching the third layer, so that would have been a real alternative to the commonly used 13 Mpixel sensor.

I'm eager to learn more about the camera sensor in use. Is there already info available, or some pictures taken with the phone and not a deception?

BugsyLawson
Old
Thanks Meter 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboopi2 View Post
At the time I started searching for info concerning the Htc m7 I read about the camera that might be one using a Foveon sensor.
For what I've seen now this is not the case, so what about picture quality, a Foveon should have 13 Mpixels albeit some problems with light reaching the third layer, so that would have been a real alternative to the commonly used 13 Mpixel sensor.

I'm eager to learn more about the camera sensor in use. Is there already info available, or some pictures taken with the phone and not a deception?
It seems to be a native 16:9, 1/3 inch 4mp sensor. Ive suggested the Omnivision's OV4688 a couple of times, but haven't been able to find any confirmation yet.

Bugsy.

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13239
Quote:
Originally Posted by biohaufen View Post
@Hamdir: Doesn´t the S800 gets much hotter then the S600, I mean it´s nearly the same architecture (but more transistors ?!) and it´s also 28NM. Then there is the more powerful Adreno 330 (also same architecture ?!) with more transistors (?!).

If it´s like the Snapdragen 1 which gets really hot, then the S800 is not a choice for me. Qualcomm also said that the S800 is in the first place a tablet SoC and for second a SoC for High-End smartphones...
No it's using a different process
Quote:
Using TSMC's new 28nm HPm process (High-K + Metal Gate, optimized for low power at peak performance)
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6568/q...snapdragon-800

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Bomb...

Samsung Galaxy S IV might use Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset across the board instead of Exynos
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vegetaleb
Old
Thanks Meter 833
Finally Hamdir I will go for the silver instead of the black, the back of the black is too simple and the lines that I though were shiny(like iphone 5's back) aren't

Advertising pic the line at the back are shiny black:

Real life they aren't,just grey matt

hamdir
Old
Thanks Meter 13239
Lol just when I started to fall in love with the black

vegetaleb
Old
Thanks Meter 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
Lol just when I started to fall in love with the black
You know we will change our minds till the last day
But now what convinced you of the black?

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 20th February 2013 at 08:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13239
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb View Post
You know we will change our minds till the last day
But now what convinced you of the black?
Nothing I'm still not convinced about durability it ill suffer like all anodized metal, but the black metal made HTC is just crazy sexy, try to have a look at the black One V

I have a grey One V next to me right now and I can tell you HTC just knows how to build metal devices, even better than Apple

The paint adds the final touch of class, but I'm sorry I will be dead worried with it

Look like the One X I couldn't make up my mind until I had both in my hands

niklfc83
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

I really want to get this phone but having seen the unveil yesterday, I have the same question some asker earlier in the thread, with no real answer.

In my opinion it's something we really need a definitive answer to.

With no menu button will the black 3 dot menu make a return to some apps like fb. Does anybody know the answer for sure. Would really like to know before I commit to buying it?

Thanks
Nik

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

DeSaint2
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Default Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

I think the black is smexy but the one thing that wouldmake it better is the lines being red. Now don't flame me cuz I'm talking about a dark hue of red not beats red. I might try to take a render and show you what I'm talking about when I get off work but a dark red would just be the thing to push me over the edge and buy this one

Tohrment the Lesser slayer
HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread

Devices

HTC Inspire 4G(retired)>HTC One

Eggcake
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Default AW: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niklfc83 View Post
I really want to get this phone but having seen the unveil yesterday, I have the same question some asker earlier in the thread, with no real answer.

In my opinion it's something we really need a definitive answer to.

With no menu button will the black 3 dot menu make a return to some apps like fb. Does anybody know the answer for sure. Would really like to know before I commit to buying it?

Thanks
Nik

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
You can configure the back button to long press for menu, I saw a picture of it (it's the only available option though). If you don't configure it (probably default), the totally awesome black menu bar is back.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to Eggcake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
htc one, knowledge base, performance, qualcomm snapdragon 600 adreno 320, sense 5 zoe ultrapixel imagesense
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe