Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from beanstown106: Alliance Rom Build 23 is Now Live For Verizon S3

★☞ [Rom][4.3] AllianceRom - Build 23 THE Most Customisable TW ROM On ANY Device [04/11/14][Aroma][ML1]

Tip us?
 
refsta
Old
#6441  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 11 [02/18/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][VRBLK3] ☜

Beans = Best.
Have a cold one on me. Donation sent.
-Cheers

Sent from my Beans powered SGS3
The Following User Says Thank You to refsta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
phatreno
Old
(Last edited by phatreno; 20th February 2013 at 07:30 PM.)
#6442  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NORTH PORT
Default changing basebands

any benifits using newest baseband bma2 noticed Hobart was using it if so what is the best way to flash it .odin to VRBMA2 then flash jelly beans or is there a differnt way without reflashing jelly beans also whats the process for inverted gnow Ive inverted gmail and playstore but no luck with gnow
 
prenedo
Old
#6443  
prenedo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 248
Posts: 979
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 11 [02/18/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][VRBLK3] ☜

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatreno View Post
any benifits using newest baseband bma2 noticed Hobart was using it if so what is the best way to flash it .odin to VRBMA2 then flash jelly beans or is there a differnt way without reflashing jelly beans also whats the process for inverted gnow Ive inverted gmail and playstore but no luck with gnow
Just grab the cwm flashable zips from the ma2 thread (modem and RPM) and flash in recovery. No need to wipe anything...

Not sure about Gnow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to prenedo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omair2005
Old
#6444  
omair2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 3,357
Join Date: Jul 2007
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 11 [02/18/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][VRBLK3] ☜

If you're using anthrax, or KT do the following for smoothest experience

with root explorer go to system/etc/init.d and delete all the scripts expect zipalign. Then go to your build.prop and make the following deletions:

Under additional build properties, delete this

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300

Under beans tweaks delete

ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000

Under dalvik tweaks delete

debug.performance.tuning=1
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.checkjni=0


Reboot into recovery and wipe caches

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omair2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
termleech
Old
#6445  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 912
Posts: 986
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: McPherson, KS

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 11 [02/18/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][VRBLK3] ☜

Quote:
Originally Posted by omair2005 View Post
If you're using anthrax, or KT do the following for smoothest experience

with root explorer go to system/etc/init.d and delete all the scripts expect zipalign. Then go to your build.prop and make the following deletions:

Under additional build properties, delete this

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300

Under beans tweaks delete

ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000

Under dalvik tweaks delete

debug.performance.tuning=1
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.checkjni=0


Reboot into recovery and wipe caches

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I wouldn't really recommend that. I would recommend people look at the scripts before just deleting to understand what they do. And if you do delete them and the rom stops working as well then don't complain.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Team BAKED Developer / Maintainer

Donations are never expected but always welcomed. Click here to donate.
The Following User Says Thank You to termleech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Hobart!
Old
#6446  
Hobart!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 408
Posts: 855
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jupiter Florida
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 11 [02/18/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][VRBLK3] ☜

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatreno View Post
any benifits using newest baseband bma2 noticed Hobart was using it if so what is the best way to flash it .odin to VRBMA2 then flash jelly beans or is there a differnt way without reflashing jelly beans also whats the process for inverted gnow Ive inverted gmail and playstore but no luck with gnow
Here is the link to where I got google now inverted. There is a whole bunch of inverted stuff on there. All credit to B-Boy

http://m.b-boytm.webnode.com/themed-apps/
Rom ReviewsYoutube Page.... DONATE Thank You!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobart! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omair2005
Old
#6447  
omair2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 3,357
Join Date: Jul 2007
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 11 [02/18/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][VRBLK3] ☜

Quote:
Originally Posted by termleech View Post
I wouldn't really recommend that. I would recommend people look at the scripts before just deleting to understand what they do. And if you do delete them and the rom stops working as well then don't complain.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
Um why wouldn't their phone boot? This is simple stuff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon
 
termleech
Old
#6448  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 912
Posts: 986
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: McPherson, KS

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by omair2005 View Post
Um why wouldn't their phone boot? This is simple stuff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
No their phones would boot fine. But take for example the 05Beans which disables the stupid wifi notification, deleting that script would re-enable that. Also beans has done a number of things to make certain things more smooth (by changing nice values) and other tweaks. All I'm saying is if people delete those scripts and suddenly their rom acts up, don't come complain on the forums. I've seen more than my fair share of people doing XYZ and then screwing up their rom and complaining it doesn't work. It's just a warning that any modifications outside the the OP means you may have unexpected consequences and should NOT report them here.

Team BAKED Developer / Maintainer

Donations are never expected but always welcomed. Click here to donate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to termleech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omair2005
Old
#6449  
omair2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 3,357
Join Date: Jul 2007
Default Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 11 [02/18/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][VRBLK3] ☜

Quote:
Originally Posted by termleech View Post
No their phones would boot fine. But take for example the 05Beans which disables the stupid wifi notification, deleting that script would re-enable that. Also beans has done a number of things to make certain things more smooth (by changing nice values) and other tweaks. All I'm saying is if people delete those scripts and suddenly their rom acts up, don't come complain on the forums. I've seen more than my fair share of people doing XYZ and then screwing up their rom and complaining it doesn't work. It's just a warning that any modifications outside the the OP means you may have unexpected consequences and should NOT report them here.
I understand where your coming from, but I'll guarantee deleting those build prop tweaks will not cause any issues..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon
 
smilesuhas
Old
#6450  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 51
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesuhas View Post
till B10 we had 'touchwhiz exchange security disabled' options. In B11 we no longer get this options.
Now so when I update to B11, the mail app i already had with 'touchwhiz exchange security disabled' keeps on 'force closing' and slows down the whole phone.
I had to go back to B10 .

Please fix this. I want the mail option back for 'touchwhiz exchange security disabled'
please help

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes