Re: TWRP wipe
Originally Posted by Khizar
twrp is alot better than cwm IMO, its faster and it flashes roms better, i am saying this from experiece when i had a s2 i use to have issues with cwm but twrp never let me down..
and most roms wipe system before installing the rom but i wipe it anyway.. this is how i flash ANY rom, even updates of the same rom, and never have issues
1. factory reset
2. wipe system
3. wipe cache
4. wipe dalvik
5. flash rom
6. flash gapps
7. flash AK kernel(optional)
9. wait 10 mins then do another reboot
This is pretty much the formula I follow.
1) Wipe cache
2) Wipe Dalvik (a little redundant since dalvik resides in /cache)
3) Factory reset
4) Wipe System (like said above, most ROMs wipe /system but I do not anyway)
5) Flash ROM
6) Flash GApps
7) Flash kernel of choice
8) Fix permissions
10) I immediately install Titanium Backup and batch restore all apps and app data before signing into my Google accounts
11) Reboot back into recovery and fix permissions again
12) Wipe dalvik again so everything is optimized
14) Set up ROM how you like it.
The other thing I do is copy Nova Launcher into /system/app and get rid of Trebuchet.apk or Launcher2.apk as well as live wallpapers and other things I consider bloat. Nova let's you back up all your configs and settings so I just restore that. I'm usually back up and running in 30 minutes or so, I could pretty much do it in my sleep...
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2