FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

New OTA ROM - T999UVDLJC

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By Pig Vomit, Senior Member on 31st January 2013, 09:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th February 2013, 04:03 AM |#101  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,323

More
root66 instead.

20th February 2013, 04:31 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Updating to UVDLJC results in a much worse battery for me. 20-25% less per day compared to UVDLJA.

I flashed root66's stock UVDLJC with root and noticed the battery was worse with Android OS using a much larger percentage. I went back to root66's stock UVDLJA with root and the battery was back to normal. Yesterday I got the update nag for UVDLJC and to test I let it update. Sure enough, battery is back down 20-25%.

Anyone else having such issues? Is there a cache that needs wiping? I haven't noticed much increase in signal strength or speed, so the new radio only has downside for me.
20th February 2013, 07:06 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Re: New OTA ROM - T999UVDLJC
I saw a huge battery drain from IP service process. I disabled WiFi calling and its back to normal battery usage. Something in this update with WiFi calling enabled is draining the battery.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 07:12 PM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krad42

I saw a huge battery drain from IP service process. I disabled WiFi calling and its back to normal battery usage. Something in this update with WiFi calling enabled is draining the battery.

I have WiFi calling is disabled and get the drain.
20th February 2013, 08:58 PM |#105  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Finally got the update better speeds and signal by alot I did a test before and after the update and the changes were very impressive

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361393898245.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1746920  
23rd February 2013, 07:20 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I can also confirm that T999UVDLJC drains battery much faster on Wi-Fi. Regular network (4G) is fine but as soon as I connect Wi-Fi, forget it. Did not have this problem with previous modem.
Last edited by Andr0med; 23rd February 2013 at 07:24 PM.
24th February 2013, 07:26 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 539

More
Can confirm battery drain also. Really getting pissed off. Love this phone. Slowly making me regret selling my nexus. Anyone having wifi issues. My wifi seems "slow". By slow I mean compared to my wifes mytouch 4g shes had for 3 years now, she canb load browser pages and yputube videos faster. I get partial loads then it fets stuck. Ugh. I thought it was my router at home but evenbhere at work its still slow.

24th February 2013, 07:30 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I disabled WiFi calling quick.

Sent from my SGH-T999
24th February 2013, 07:36 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 539

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppzTheGawd

I disabled WiFi calling quick.

Sent from my SGH-T999

W ell I actually use itnwhen im at work. My hospital's surgery floor is in the basement and im there 10 hours of the day. No service.

24th February 2013, 08:06 PM |#110  

More
I always leave WiFi on and let JuiceDefender turn it off when it isn't in use. I turned off WiFi for a few days and the battery life was close to the old radio.

Can't say I have any issues when WiFi is turned on. No benefits from the battery draining radio either.
25th February 2013, 03:00 AM |#111  
Flag Portland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliman

*EDIT* REMOVED FROM DROPOX AND CHANGED LINK TO A MIRROR PROVIDED BY Towle. Thanks
Recovery flashable. Modem only
UVDLJC Modem (latest)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

So i tried flashing thru twrp and got "cannot flash", so I wiped delviic, fixed perms, booted then rebooted back into twrp and same results? Now with this particular modem file I just need to flash the zip in yrcovery, correct? I just flashed "slim stock rom 4.1.1" and the modem available in that thread is done via terminal emulator and I'm a noob with NO computer skills but im pretty comfortable with a custom recovery.. Thx for the help..
Last edited by *Nsight*; 25th February 2013 at 03:05 AM. Reason: fix

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread