Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2]Captivating(Xperia Themed)[RC2][New Mali]

Tip us?
 
barnes26
Old
#51  
barnes26's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.2]Captivating(Xperia Themed)[X1]

Best ROM I've flashed in a long time.. Has everything I want with no issues.. 5 stars

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to barnes26 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nyydynasty
Old
#52  
nyydynasty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 1,322
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by sephhi View Post
Are you sure it's not stuck on an app? Try installing whatever it's stuck on from the play store and see if it continues after that.
i tried that as well. It gets stuck on all the apps. Even if I manually restore one app at a time (not batched), it gets stuck. I guess I'll have to manually install each app from the market and hope the data can be restored.
 
sykoj82
Old
#53  
sykoj82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 1,059
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Merrimack, NH
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.2]Captivating(Xperia Themed)[X1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
i tried that as well. It gets stuck on all the apps. Even if I manually restore one app at a time (not batched), it gets stuck. I guess I'll have to manually install each app from the market and hope the data can be restored.
Yeah I've been dealing with the same issue... Idk if it's the included gapps or because its 4.2.2...If u try to download the apps through Google play, u will get "your device isn't compatible" message

Sent from my SGH-i777 using XDA Premium
 
sk8ordie0
Old
#54  
sk8ordie0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10535
Posts: 3,127
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.2]Captivating(Xperia Themed)[X1]

Ended up flashing the fixed version after wiping caches and the settings are there now. FYI . for me removing apk with a reboot didn't work. Great ROM!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to sk8ordie0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
asderxsdxcv
Old
#55  
asderxsdxcv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 394
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.2]Captivating(Xperia Themed)[X1]

Very awesome ROM here. Look great and super smooth. Works great with ajk.
 
sephhi
Old
#56  
sephhi's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2008
Posts: 1,229
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
i tried that as well. It gets stuck on all the apps. Even if I manually restore one app at a time (not batched), it gets stuck. I guess I'll have to manually install each app from the market and hope the data can be restored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoj82 View Post
Yeah I've been dealing with the same issue... Idk if it's the included gapps or because its 4.2.2...If u try to download the apps through Google play, u will get "your device isn't compatible" message

Sent from my SGH-i777 using XDA Premium
-Uninstall tibu
-remove your google account and re-add it
-reboot
-re-install tibu from the play store on the web(this makes sure you are synced with google's servers)
-make sure usb debugging is on
-try again and report back
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sephhi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nyydynasty
Old
(Last edited by nyydynasty; 20th February 2013 at 08:46 PM.)
#57  
nyydynasty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 1,322
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by sephhi View Post
-Uninstall tibu
-remove your google account and re-add it
-reboot
-re-install tibu from the play store on the web(this makes sure you are synced with google's servers)
-make sure usb debugging is on
-try again and report back
turning on USB debugging seems to have fixed the problem downloading from the play store. I'll retest TiBu now.

edit #1: that did not fix TiBu but I cannot remove my default gmail account unless you have a trick that I'm not aware of.

edit #2: I restored my old ROM and backed up my data via My Backup Pro and when I reflashed this rom, that application is restoring my data as we speak. It seems as if TiBu has a problem with this ROM but other backup applications do not.
 
sephhi
Old
#58  
sephhi's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2008
Posts: 1,229
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
turning on USB debugging seems to have fixed the problem downloading from the play store. I'll retest TiBu now.

edit #1: that did not fix TiBu but I cannot remove my default gmail account unless you have a trick that I'm not aware of.

edit #2: I restored my old ROM and backed up my data via My Backup Pro and when I reflashed this rom, that application is restoring my data as we speak. It seems as if TiBu has a problem with this ROM but other backup applications do not.
edit #1: it's in setting accounts.
edit #2: in tibu, try going to preferences, app processing mode and change to indirect
 
Reel E. Weird
Old
#59  
Reel E. Weird's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 156
Join Date: Aug 2008
First off...GREAT looking rom...

as other users have reported, I am alos having trouble restoring apps with TiBu. I've done all of the suggestions you've posted to no avail.
Current Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
ROM: Stock ICS 4.2.2

R.I.P to the phones that are no longer here:
HP IPAQ hw6515
Nokia 6170
Nokia E72
AT&T Tilt
AT&T Tilt2
Samsung Galaxy SII (AT&T)
 
Phalanx7621
Old
#60  
Phalanx7621's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2046
Posts: 4,452
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Delaware
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.2]Captivating(Xperia Themed)[X1]

I'm still using the first release of the ROM,not having any issues with tibu restoring apps. Then again I did fix permissions already.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes