Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

RAM consumption on task's 4.2.2

OP blaker13

20th February 2013, 05:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88

705 posts
So I love the ROM, and if I restart phone ram is low.... After I use a few programs (face book, XDA, internet sect...) My ram consumption gets very high... Then even after I kill all APPS and programs my team is still up in the 8-900 and only leaves me 3-300 left.... Have to restart phone to get ram to drop back down to 400.... any tricks on getting that low without restarting phone? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

705 posts
Re: RAM consumption on task's 4.2.2
So I read somewhere in these ROMs rambar does not report ram correctly... Is this true?

20th February 2013, 05:33 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,850

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
1.) Searching would've answered this for you. Or even just checking the AOKP website. It states that the rambar doesn't read correctly.

2.) Android is a Linux derivative. It kills things on its own just fine. You shouldn't need to. This device has 2gb of ram which is usually always enough to work with.

3.) There is a dedicated sticky just above this thread you started for Q & A about this ROM. Why start a new thread?
20th February 2013, 01:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

705 posts
Because I didn't see it. And this is posted in the q&a and help thread. You need to relax task and stick to developing rather then running around worried about who posts where.

I didn't post in your precious Dev thread because I expected the same kind of answer, but thanks for giving me a hard time and the answer, your simply amazing and such a god in these forums....

And I do search, but never from my computer always from my phone, and I seen to have a little problem finding and searching for stuff using the app on my phone.
Last edited by blaker13; 20th February 2013 at 01:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blaker13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 617

1,031 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaker13

Because I didn't see it. And this is posted in the q&a and help thread. You need to relax task and stick to developing rather then running around worried about who posts where.

I didn't post in your precious Dev thread because I expected the same kind of answer, but thanks for giving me a hard time and the answer, your simply amazing and such a god in these forums....

And I do search, but never from my computer always from my phone, and I seen to have a little problem finding and searching for stuff using the app on my phone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361378650108.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1746283

20th February 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 247

1,061 posts
http://bit.ly/XwXYpi
The Following User Says Thank You to rmead01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:13 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,850

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaker13

You don't search. This thread you started proves that. It also proves that you don't even bother to read an OP of a rom that you flash considering the simple fact that the FAQ (which is the Q&A also) is very blatantly and obviously posted in it. We make those types of threads to avoid pointless thread starts like these. Good job dude.
21st February 2013, 01:23 AM   |  #8  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,549

14,930 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK I am closing this up now. But before I do let me make one point clear. This is not a support forum. If you are trouble shooting issues with a custom OS on a $500 device you should use more powerful tools. Like a computer. Apps are limited and always will be. What you are doing should not be taken lightly. You could end up with a brick that warrenty doesn't cover.

Wayne Tech S-III

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread