Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RAM consumption on task's 4.2.2

Tip us?

blaker13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default RAM consumption on task's 4.2.2

So I love the ROM, and if I restart phone ram is low.... After I use a few programs (face book, XDA, internet sect...) My ram consumption gets very high... Then even after I kill all APPS and programs my team is still up in the 8-900 and only leaves me 3-300 left.... Have to restart phone to get ram to drop back down to 400.... any tricks on getting that low without restarting phone? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

blaker13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default Re: RAM consumption on task's 4.2.2

So I read somewhere in these ROMs rambar does not report ram correctly... Is this true?

task650
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 47418

DONATE TO ME
1.) Searching would've answered this for you. Or even just checking the AOKP website. It states that the rambar doesn't read correctly.

2.) Android is a Linux derivative. It kills things on its own just fine. You shouldn't need to. This device has 2gb of ram which is usually always enough to work with.

3.) There is a dedicated sticky just above this thread you started for Q & A about this ROM. Why start a new thread?

blaker13
Old
(Last edited by blaker13; 20th February 2013 at 12:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79

Because I didn't see it. And this is posted in the q&a and help thread. You need to relax task and stick to developing rather then running around worried about who posts where.

I didn't post in your precious Dev thread because I expected the same kind of answer, but thanks for giving me a hard time and the answer, your simply amazing and such a god in these forums....

And I do search, but never from my computer always from my phone, and I seen to have a little problem finding and searching for stuff using the app on my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to blaker13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

liltitiz
Old
Thanks Meter 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaker13 View Post
Because I didn't see it. And this is posted in the q&a and help thread. You need to relax task and stick to developing rather then running around worried about who posts where.

I didn't post in your precious Dev thread because I expected the same kind of answer, but thanks for giving me a hard time and the answer, your simply amazing and such a god in these forums....

And I do search, but never from my computer always from my phone, and I seen to have a little problem finding and searching for stuff using the app on my phone.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361378650108.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1746283

rmead01
Old
Thanks Meter 247
http://bit.ly/XwXYpi
The Following User Says Thank You to rmead01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

task650
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 47418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaker13 View Post

You don't search. This thread you started proves that. It also proves that you don't even bother to read an OP of a rom that you flash considering the simple fact that the FAQ (which is the Q&A also) is very blatantly and obviously posted in it. We make those types of threads to avoid pointless thread starts like these. Good job dude.

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10981

DONATE TO ME

OK I am closing this up now. But before I do let me make one point clear. This is not a support forum. If you are trouble shooting issues with a custom OS on a $500 device you should use more powerful tools. Like a computer. Apps are limited and always will be. What you are doing should not be taken lightly. You could end up with a brick that warrenty doesn't cover.

Wayne Tech S-III

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe