View Poll Results: So:
New Wi-Fi driver 130 77.38%
Old Wi-Fi driver 38 22.62%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

[KERNEL][13/09/13][306|188v4][3.xx][AOSP & SENSE4][S2W][GAMING][BATTERY][UV]XM-Kernel

OP Xmister

20th February 2013, 06:51 PM   |  #941  
Recognized Themer
Flag münster
Thanks Meter: 5,718

3,833 posts
Donate to Me
More
on viperx
but how can i set the smartmax goveneur with noop scheduler or deadline?
20th February 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #942  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,128 posts
Re: [KERNEL][#106][18/02/13][3.1.10][AOSP & SENSE][HardCap][S2W][GAMING][UV]XM-Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeleton1911

on viperx

There's a freaking cpu control tab in venom tweaks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
20th February 2013, 07:01 PM   |  #943  
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,579

9,407 posts
More
Quote:

on viperx

use trickster mod its free
The Following User Says Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #944  
Recognized Themer
Flag münster
Thanks Meter: 5,718

3,833 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenby

There's a freaking cpu control tab in venom tweaks.

i know that.
i wont to know if the noop scheduler is better for smartmax governeur or the deadline
20th February 2013, 07:14 PM   |  #945  
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,579

9,407 posts
More
Quote:

i know that.
i wont to know if the noop scheduler is better for smartmax governeur or the deadline

i use deadline...
The Following User Says Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #946  
Thanks Meter: 469

999 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek

For what reason? Lol, its not gonna make any noticeable performance difference.

Spun out from a JELLIED and RENOVATED One X.

For me the best option is default 1500MHz quad(like now) and the possibility for manual OC up to 1.6GHz/1.65GHz.
20th February 2013, 07:48 PM   |  #947  
Thanks Meter: 2,347

3,711 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilraven974

thank you for your answer, but i think i didn't explain very well. first of all, i was on #106 when i used smartmax+deadline. secondly i am on repacked version of renovate thread, repacked by Mwilky. then i really use undervolting for, well, 5 minutes then go back to stock (i'm saying that, because it could explain the lag if it's stocked somewhere else than system tuner app, i don't know. and finally i used gaming boost when i was "hopeless", i mean just before post this.
and yes i read your thread (very good one btw), and that's the reason i posted this, because i followed all your advice but i can't see what i'm doing wrong.
should i play with the cache values, the LMK values ?
again thanks for you answer and thanks for further tips you can give me

EDIT : i think the main reason of lag seems to be heating. i have no clue how to reduce it, so any advice would be appreciated

The heating would be actually the only reason of lagging i can see, if you're following my undervolting guide and using small UV on freqs what i've listed you shouldn't encounter any laggs what so ever but yet again theres a chance you have variant 0 chip and that sure does sux , that variant can barly do any UV and OC, and like you said earlier you reach up to 75C you're talking about CELSIUS right ? IF so i strongly recommend you reflash the kernel as soon as possible, that kind of temperature can burn your chip down, (and no if you're curious undervolting is not the reason for over heating ) the other thing that is very wierd is that you actually managed to push that high your temperature , i've been runing nfs for more then 20min on charger while testing my uv values and i couldn't pass 45C at all with HIGH brightness. The only way i can think of to help you is for you to give me the info on my questions:
What brightness level do you use , how much UV on mainly used freqs ( 1000-1500 ) , what governor for gaming or better yet on which governor scheduler you get high temps , did you underclock, did you use gaming boost IF it did work , did you change governor values. And does your battery drain quiet fast even on regular usage, by quiet fast i mean this * you should get avarage 30 mins screen on time with 6-12% depends on usage) Please provide me the info i asked you about and i'll try to help out.

Edit - LMK and cache values shouldn't overheat your phone , and nah you don't need to play with those , with Mwilkys repack you already have 4096 cache and his LMK values , leave it as it is. Oh and the *battery drain* what i wrote above, test if you're under 90% of the battery , battery indicator is quiet a mess on HTC and android overall especially on 90-100% , it tends to jump down fast sometimes.
Quote:

There's really no reason to oc in the hox. Processor wise 1.5x4 should be more than enough for any application on android atm .

To even spot a difference you would need 1.6 or 1.7ghz and only the 10 variant 3 owners on xda would benefit >_>

Lol i'm variant 3 and i want 1.7 OC only cuz of benchmark purposes , i'd like to test this kernel and my hox at it's maximum potential , the kernel is quiet cool and doesn't overheat what ever you do , which is why i want to test this freq and see what benches we can get. besides we can ALWAYS underclock the cpu back to it's original 1500 freq. So i don't see any harm of having oced kernel, but of course that depends of this great dev Xmister.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_voltage

For me the best option is default 1500MHz quad(like now) and the possibility for manual OC up to 1.6GHz/1.65GHz.

i doubt many will be able to oc 1.65 , max what 90% of hox users in here can do is 1.6 , only variant 3 could hit 1.7 or perhaps even 1.8

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote:

i know that.

Think of it on this way , deadline is faster and more battery hungry then noop , tho that battery hungry is very small percentage , maybe from 100% to 1% you would lose probably around 5-10% more with deadline ( just a guess can't really tell how much more power it uses ) Anyway whit everyone hiting avarage 5-6hours with this kernel and heavy usage i think we can pretty much enjoy ourselves even with interactive governor, we'll surely hit at least 5 with it. It's a huge difference compared to previous lifetime we had
Last edited by Shan89; 20th February 2013 at 07:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shan89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #948  
Thanks Meter: 469

999 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan89

i doubt many will be able to oc 1.65 , max what 90% of hox users in here can do is 1.6 , only variant 3 could hit 1.7 or perhaps even 1.8

Well, I am variant 2 so I am kinda okish to go up to 1.6GHz if I want.. especially for testing. 1.55GHz are solid on a lot of hoxs tho. Cheers!
20th February 2013, 07:55 PM   |  #949  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,128 posts
Re: [KERNEL][#106][18/02/13][3.1.10][AOSP & SENSE][HardCap][S2W][GAMING][UV]XM-Kernel
It's confusing when talking about temperatures, 75c is stable for the cpu (if heavy gaming thought it should not get higher even if the t3 can handle plenty of heat) but would probably burn your hand if it were the battery. So please specify if it's battery or cpu

The Following User Says Thank You to drivenby For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:09 PM   |  #950  
Thanks Meter: 2,347

3,711 posts
More
Quote:

It's confusing when talking about temperatures, 75c is stable for the cpu (if heavy gaming thought it should not get higher even if the t3 can handle plenty of heat) but would probably burn your hand if it were the battery. So please specify if it's battery or cpu

Lol exactly, forgot to tell him to specify what does hit those temps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread