Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.2.2][OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v2.5 - d2tmo - 5|27|13

Tip us?

PostMeridianLyf
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.2][RC1] LiquidSmooth ROMs - d2tmo - 2|14|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordazoroth View Post
This ROM is unbelievably good so far. I'm trying to get my sdcard mounted in either exfat or ntfs (fat32 not an option due to 4gb limitation). I'll post again if I figure it out, unless anybody has a fix?

Also I had a question. I had some trouble creating backups and restoring from a backup using Clockworkmod recovery, I kept getting an error saying "no files found" when trying to navigate to any backup directory (tried 4 different backups). I'm assuming this might be due to the new folder structure/emulation in Android 4.2. Should I update to the latest TWRP recovery to make backups instead and would backups made from that recovery be different (compared to clockworkmod) in order to properly conform to Android 4.2?

Sry for asking another question, I feel greedy :P. How could I restore an old TW backup... odin to a TW ROM and restore from recovery? (i think this was already answered but it wasn't entirely clear to me due to the error i'm getting: "no files found", so sry for asking if it already was answered but I just wanted to be sure)

Thx for the ROM, I'll skip movies altogether to keep this bad boy!
These questions are more suitable for the q&a section.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

lordazoroth
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostMeridianLyf View Post
These questions are more suitable for the q&a section.

Oh ok thx, didn't know there was a q&a section. Should I ask in Liquid Illusion ROM section or CM10 anything & everything section?
If I've helped you, please thank me.

My Device:
) T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 G900T: BeansTown106 [kltetmo_UVU1ANCH_deodex] [04/16/14]

Last 2 Phones:
) T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III: Infamous v4.8.2 + KT747-TW-JB-4.1.2-ATT-05-31-2013 Kernel
) Sprint Nexus S 4G

PostMeridianLyf
Old
Thanks Meter 46

Quote:
Oh ok thx, didn't know there was a q&a section. Should I ask in Liquid Illusion ROM section or CM10 anything & everything section?
Those are pretty general questions dealing with Rom flashing itself. I'd just start a thread and wait for an answer.
I can tell you that you still need to Odin if you're going back to a tw Rom

And from my experience twrp works better than cwm imo.

rawdaddymagraden
Old
Thanks Meter 599

Quote:
This ROM is unbelievably good so far. I'm trying to get my sdcard mounted in either exfat or ntfs (fat32 not an option due to 4gb limitation). I'll post again if I figure it out, unless anybody has a fix?

Also I had a question. I had some trouble creating backups and restoring from a backup using Clockworkmod recovery, I kept getting an error saying "no files found" when trying to navigate to any backup directory (tried 4 different backups). I'm assuming this might be due to the new folder structure/emulation in Android 4.2. Should I update to the latest TWRP recovery to make backups instead and would backups made from that recovery be different (compared to clockworkmod) in order to properly conform to Android 4.2?

Sry for asking another question, I feel greedy :P. How could I restore an old TW backup... odin to a TW ROM and restore from recovery? (i think this was already answered but it wasn't entirely clear to me due to the error i'm getting: "no files found", so sry for asking if it already was answered but I just wanted to be sure)

Thx for the ROM, I'll skip movies altogether to keep this bad boy!
1. Yes this is due to the new folder structure look at my post a few pages back for more info.

2. If you use the latest twrp this will only happen once coming to 4.2 but the cwm backups will not be compatible

3. To get your backups back and stay with cwm just flash any tw rom. Then copy all contents of the root of the sd card to the 0 folder. Then flash back to this rom and all your backups and other files will be available.

☆REMEMBER TO USE THE SEARCH BOX AT THE TOP BEFORE ASKING☆
IF I HELPED IN ANY WAY PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rawdaddymagraden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiden
Old
Thanks Meter 37
So after a few days of running this ROM, I just have to say thank you! It is running very well. I have not had any stability issues or battery life issues. I have only found one slight problem, and it is that the buttons on my samsung headphones and others do not work. Is anyone else experiencing this?
- Kiden

Current Phone: TMO Samsung Galaxy SIII
Nexus S i9020T: Slim Bean + Marmite Kernel
HTC Glacier: Given away! Running MIUI.us GB
HTC Magic: Now dead.

mt3g
Old
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiden View Post
So after a few days of running this ROM, I just have to say thank you! It is running very well. I have not had any stability issues or battery life issues. I have only found one slight problem, and it is that the buttons on my samsung headphones and others do not work. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Been talked about. Known issue and being looked into.
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***
The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiden
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post
Been talked about. Known issue and being looked into.
Thanks! I looked around but didnt see anything.
- Kiden

Current Phone: TMO Samsung Galaxy SIII
Nexus S i9020T: Slim Bean + Marmite Kernel
HTC Glacier: Given away! Running MIUI.us GB
HTC Magic: Now dead.

lordazoroth
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostMeridianLyf View Post
Those are pretty general questions dealing with Rom flashing itself. I'd just start a thread and wait for an answer.
I can tell you that you still need to Odin if you're going back to a tw Rom

And from my experience twrp works better than cwm imo.
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdaddymagraden View Post
1. Yes this is due to the new folder structure look at my post a few pages back for more info.

2. If you use the latest twrp this will only happen once coming to 4.2 but the cwm backups will not be compatible

3. To get your backups back and stay with cwm just flash any tw rom. Then copy all contents of the root of the sd card to the 0 folder. Then flash back to this rom and all your backups and other files will be available.

Very informative I really appreciate the response. I'm not sure what you meant by "this will only happen once coming to 4.2" but that pretty much answered all my questions

My Device:
) T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 G900T: BeansTown106 [kltetmo_UVU1ANCH_deodex] [04/16/14]

Last 2 Phones:
) T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III: Infamous v4.8.2 + KT747-TW-JB-4.1.2-ATT-05-31-2013 Kernel
) Sprint Nexus S 4G

rawdaddymagraden
Old
(Last edited by rawdaddymagraden; 20th February 2013 at 08:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 599

Quote:
Thx

Very informative I really appreciate the response. I'm not sure what you meant by "this will only happen once coming to 4.2" but that pretty much answered all my questions
What I meant was that the creation of the zero folder and the restructuring is inevitable with 4.2 but with the latest twrp it will only do this one time we used to have an issue where it kept happening every time you flash a new rom you got a new zero folder. Glad I could help but anything further you can contact me via pm and I'll help or go over to the q and a so we aren't running up mikes development thread here.

Edit..... You can always press the thanks button as well :thumbup:

☆REMEMBER TO USE THE SEARCH BOX AT THE TOP BEFORE ASKING☆
IF I HELPED IN ANY WAY PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rawdaddymagraden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lordazoroth
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdaddymagraden View Post
What I meant was that the creation of the zero folder and the restructuring is inevitable with 4.2 but with the latest twrp it will only do this one time we used to have an issue where it kept happening every time you flash a new rom you got a new zero folder. Glad I could help but anything further you can contact me via pm and I'll help or go over to the q and a so we aren't running up mikes development thread here.

Edit..... You can always press the thanks button as well :thumbup:

Thank you so much, you rock!
I forgot about the thanks button -clicked-

My Device:

Last 2 Phones:
) Sprint Nexus S 4G

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe