[ROM][4.2.2][OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v2.5 - d2tmo - 5|27|13

OP itsmikeramsay

20th February 2013, 06:39 PM   |  #3641  
Thanks Meter: 46

425 posts
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][RC1] LiquidSmooth ROMs - d2tmo - 2|14|13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordazoroth

This ROM is unbelievably good so far. I'm trying to get my sdcard mounted in either exfat or ntfs (fat32 not an option due to 4gb limitation). I'll post again if I figure it out, unless anybody has a fix?

Also I had a question. I had some trouble creating backups and restoring from a backup using Clockworkmod recovery, I kept getting an error saying "no files found" when trying to navigate to any backup directory (tried 4 different backups). I'm assuming this might be due to the new folder structure/emulation in Android 4.2. Should I update to the latest TWRP recovery to make backups instead and would backups made from that recovery be different (compared to clockworkmod) in order to properly conform to Android 4.2?

Sry for asking another question, I feel greedy :P. How could I restore an old TW backup... odin to a TW ROM and restore from recovery? (i think this was already answered but it wasn't entirely clear to me due to the error i'm getting: "no files found", so sry for asking if it already was answered but I just wanted to be sure)

Thx for the ROM, I'll skip movies altogether to keep this bad boy!

These questions are more suitable for the q&a section.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
20th February 2013, 07:04 PM   |  #3642  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 73

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostMeridianLyf

These questions are more suitable for the q&a section.

Oh ok thx, didn't know there was a q&a section. Should I ask in Liquid Illusion ROM section or CM10 anything & everything section?
20th February 2013, 07:14 PM   |  #3643  
Thanks Meter: 46

425 posts
Quote:

Oh ok thx, didn't know there was a q&a section. Should I ask in Liquid Illusion ROM section or CM10 anything & everything section?

Those are pretty general questions dealing with Rom flashing itself. I'd just start a thread and wait for an answer.
I can tell you that you still need to Odin if you're going back to a tw Rom

And from my experience twrp works better than cwm imo.
20th February 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #3644  
Flag Mo-Ville
Thanks Meter: 599

1,107 posts
More
Quote:

This ROM is unbelievably good so far. I'm trying to get my sdcard mounted in either exfat or ntfs (fat32 not an option due to 4gb limitation). I'll post again if I figure it out, unless anybody has a fix?

Also I had a question. I had some trouble creating backups and restoring from a backup using Clockworkmod recovery, I kept getting an error saying "no files found" when trying to navigate to any backup directory (tried 4 different backups). I'm assuming this might be due to the new folder structure/emulation in Android 4.2. Should I update to the latest TWRP recovery to make backups instead and would backups made from that recovery be different (compared to clockworkmod) in order to properly conform to Android 4.2?

Sry for asking another question, I feel greedy :P. How could I restore an old TW backup... odin to a TW ROM and restore from recovery? (i think this was already answered but it wasn't entirely clear to me due to the error i'm getting: "no files found", so sry for asking if it already was answered but I just wanted to be sure)

Thx for the ROM, I'll skip movies altogether to keep this bad boy!

1. Yes this is due to the new folder structure look at my post a few pages back for more info.

2. If you use the latest twrp this will only happen once coming to 4.2 but the cwm backups will not be compatible

3. To get your backups back and stay with cwm just flash any tw rom. Then copy all contents of the root of the sd card to the 0 folder. Then flash back to this rom and all your backups and other files will be available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rawdaddymagraden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:14 PM   |  #3645  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 45

117 posts
More
So after a few days of running this ROM, I just have to say thank you! It is running very well. I have not had any stability issues or battery life issues. I have only found one slight problem, and it is that the buttons on my samsung headphones and others do not work. Is anyone else experiencing this?
20th February 2013, 08:31 PM   |  #3646  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,130

6,932 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiden

So after a few days of running this ROM, I just have to say thank you! It is running very well. I have not had any stability issues or battery life issues. I have only found one slight problem, and it is that the buttons on my samsung headphones and others do not work. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Been talked about. Known issue and being looked into.
The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:48 PM   |  #3647  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 45

117 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

Been talked about. Known issue and being looked into.

Thanks! I looked around but didnt see anything.
20th February 2013, 08:56 PM   |  #3648  
Flag Phoenix

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostMeridianLyf

Those are pretty general questions dealing with Rom flashing itself. I'd just start a thread and wait for an answer.
I can tell you that you still need to Odin if you're going back to a tw Rom

And from my experience twrp works better than cwm imo.

Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdaddymagraden

1. Yes this is due to the new folder structure look at my post a few pages back for more info.

2. If you use the latest twrp this will only happen once coming to 4.2 but the cwm backups will not be compatible

3. To get your backups back and stay with cwm just flash any tw rom. Then copy all contents of the root of the sd card to the 0 folder. Then flash back to this rom and all your backups and other files will be available.

Very informative I really appreciate the response. I'm not sure what you meant by "this will only happen once coming to 4.2" but that pretty much answered all my questions
20th February 2013, 09:03 PM   |  #3649  
Flag Mo-Ville
Thanks Meter: 599

1,107 posts
More
Quote:

Thx

Very informative I really appreciate the response. I'm not sure what you meant by "this will only happen once coming to 4.2" but that pretty much answered all my questions

What I meant was that the creation of the zero folder and the restructuring is inevitable with 4.2 but with the latest twrp it will only do this one time we used to have an issue where it kept happening every time you flash a new rom you got a new zero folder. Glad I could help but anything further you can contact me via pm and I'll help or go over to the q and a so we aren't running up mikes development thread here.

Edit..... You can always press the thanks button as well :thumbup:

Last edited by rawdaddymagraden; 20th February 2013 at 09:56 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rawdaddymagraden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 11:35 PM   |  #3650  
Flag Phoenix

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdaddymagraden

What I meant was that the creation of the zero folder and the restructuring is inevitable with 4.2 but with the latest twrp it will only do this one time we used to have an issue where it kept happening every time you flash a new rom you got a new zero folder. Glad I could help but anything further you can contact me via pm and I'll help or go over to the q and a so we aren't running up mikes development thread here.

Edit..... You can always press the thanks button as well :thumbup:

Thank you so much, you rock!
I forgot about the thanks button -clicked-

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread