Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] HELP...about to toss my note out the F***ING window

OP ninjamunky

20th February 2013, 04:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
I have an N8000, it came with China software 4.0.4.

I have been trying and trying and trying to flash the Nordic Rom. 4.1.2

No matter what i do, odin fails to flash

i have tried:

Clear data/cache multiple times
installed kies
installed drivers
odin 1.85, odin 1,87, odin 3.07

after numerous fails, i tried rooting with chainfires auto-root

auto root took just fine, so i know odin/my pc can talk to the tab

i have tried debugging on/debugging off

i have since unrooted using SU built in function, and still to no avail

odin window shows the following (odin 3.07)

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8000XXCMA2_N8000OXXCMA1_N8000XXCLL1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!


if i dont get this thing off the **** chinese software im going to lose my mind

i am due to fly tomorrow and need to have this setup...can anyone help?
20th February 2013, 06:42 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,428
 
23,044 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
[QUOTE=ninjamunky;38243278]I have an N8000, it came with China software 4.0.4.


Usual question on same old posts .
Is it a genuine Samsung Note 10.1 or a fake/ clone .

ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
reads as possible bad connection wrong cable Kies running not using a motherboard port all the usual fail connect answers

jje
20th February 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #3  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 419
 
898 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamunky

I have an N8000, it came with China software 4.0.4.

I have been trying and trying and trying to flash the Nordic Rom. 4.1.2

No matter what i do, odin fails to flash

i have tried:

Clear data/cache multiple times
installed kies
installed drivers
odin 1.85, odin 1,87, odin 3.07

after numerous fails, i tried rooting with chainfires auto-root

auto root took just fine, so i know odin/my pc can talk to the tab

i have tried debugging on/debugging off

i have since unrooted using SU built in function, and still to no avail

odin window shows the following (odin 3.07)

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8000XXCMA2_N8000OXXCMA1_N8000XXCLL1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!


if i dont get this thing off the **** chinese software im going to lose my mind

i am due to fly tomorrow and need to have this setup...can anyone help?

Calm down.............

1 - Are you saying it is from China or had the China 4.0.4 ROM installed?

2 - Why do you want Nordic Rom. 4.1.2 ?

3 - Can you change the language in the "Chinese software" Because there is a Chinese 4.1.2 firmware that you maybe able to install and change it to english.

.
The Following User Says Thank You to kkretch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 07:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

Calm down.............

1 - Are you saying it is from China or had the China 4.0.4 ROM installed?

2 - Why do you want Nordic Rom. 4.1.2 ?

3 - Can you change the language in the "Chinese software" Because there is a Chinese 4.1.2 firmware that you maybe able to install and change it to english.

.

Update:

first, yes its the real deal and not a clone

N8000 model, was loaded with china rom 4.0.4

since last post, i was able to use kies to update to chinese jellybean

i am still not able to update to a different country rom(i am currently pulling UK rom from sammobile)

latest error code:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8000XXCMA2_N8000OXXCMA1_N8000XXCLL1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> tz.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)




I dont want the chinese rom as i have no interest in QQ, its horribly written services, or government spyware.

i am about to head back to the states and would like access to my google services(which are not installed in the chinese rom)

i buy alot of electronics over here for use at home as some things just aren't available back home(unlocked devices)

i have used this same pc to flash on my P7500, GS2, and even was able to use odin to root earlier(which i haev undone)

i killed kies and all its services

still cant flash a different countries firmware, or at least the one i have, so i am downloading a different one.

the device has been able to update via kies, register, etc

i know the usb is a direct solder to my motherboard, not a daughter board, i have tried 2 ports

its the cable that was in the box(all accessories appear to be genuine), i have also tried my P7500 cable, and my spare charging cable...nothing is working


would i have better luck with mobile odin?

any help...im measuring my departure time in hours at this point
20th February 2013, 08:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamunky

Update:

first, yes its the real deal and not a clone

N8000 model, was loaded with china rom 4.0.4

since last post, i was able to use kies to update to chinese jellybean

i am still not able to update to a different country rom(i am currently pulling UK rom from sammobile)

latest error code:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8000XXCMA2_N8000OXXCMA1_N8000XXCLL1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> tz.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)




I dont want the chinese rom as i have no interest in QQ, its horribly written services, or government spyware.

i am about to head back to the states and would like access to my google services(which are not installed in the chinese rom)

i buy alot of electronics over here for use at home as some things just aren't available back home(unlocked devices)

i have used this same pc to flash on my P7500, GS2, and even was able to use odin to root earlier(which i haev undone)

i killed kies and all its services

still cant flash a different countries firmware, or at least the one i have, so i am downloading a different one.

the device has been able to update via kies, register, etc

i know the usb is a direct solder to my motherboard, not a daughter board, i have tried 2 ports

its the cable that was in the box(all accessories appear to be genuine), i have also tried my P7500 cable, and my spare charging cable...nothing is working


would i have better luck with mobile odin?

any help...im measuring my departure time in hours at this point



btw:

Current Firmware
4.1.2
Baseband N8000ZCCMB1
Build JZO54K.N8000ZCCMB1

trying to flash
Sammobile N8000XXCMA2_N8000OXXCMA1_N8000XXCLL1_HOME.tar.md5

downloading
Sammobile N8000XXCMA2_N8000OXXCMA1_BTU.zip
20th February 2013, 08:06 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,428
 
23,044 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
[QUOTE=ninjamunky;38251429]Update:


I would try mobile odin

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:14 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
thanks, ill give it a go, i appreciate someone responding to my call :P

if anyone thinks of any other advice also happy to hear it

not as familiar with mobile odin, same firmware files or will i download a new one through mobile odin?
20th February 2013, 08:22 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 431
 
1,961 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Re: [Q] HELP...about to toss my note out the F***ING window
Give me ur address and I can wait outside that window.



Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to aalupatti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 08:27 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalupatti

Give me ur address and I can wait outside that window.



Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

well played...id probably do the same if i weren;t so frustrated at the moment lol
20th February 2013, 08:40 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
well between these helpful forum members...and of course the "geek god" chainfire...there will not be any flying tablets in suzhou tonight


thanks all

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fail
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes