Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-Off

Tip us?

Azbulldog
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: S-Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown245 View Post
Ok guys I need a hand , my phone is unlocked and rooted , now my computer won't recognize it is connected in adb " error device not found " I have went back to a stock Rom , stock kernel and still nothing . I can't s-off without this . In the DNA all in one tools it will respond but it won't in a cmd line , I have reinstalled android sdk and all that but still nothing , tried other usb ports , nada ,,,,, any other suggestions ????? Thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
Most of my problems came from USB drivers and Windows 8 complications. Make sure you still have working ones installed like from HTC Sync.
The Following User Says Thank You to Azbulldog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cbrown245
Old
Thanks Meter 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpsantennas View Post
No, I flashed PL8320000-DNA.zip using "fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip" with PL8320000-DNA.zip in the fastboot/adb folder on my PC.

Essentially, I followed the S-OFF instructions exactly until step 8 (where you've booted Android w/o eMMC write protection.)
ok so fastboot commands worked for you ?
BadSeed Tranquil M8

wpsantennas
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
ok so fastboot commands worked for you ?
Yeah, adb and fastboot work for me until Android boots up.

cbrown245
Old
Thanks Meter 674

After I get off work I will try and use the fastboot commands

BadSeed Tranquil M8

wpsantennas
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azbulldog View Post
Most of my problems came from USB drivers and Windows 8 complications. Make sure you still have working ones installed like from HTC Sync.
Thx. I'm on Windows 7 but I re-installed HTC Sync and now adb is working for me with android booted.

wpsantennas
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
After I get off work I will try and use the fastboot commands

Any luck?

cbrown245
Old
Thanks Meter 674
Quote:
Any luck?
I have adb working , now I keep getting that 99 error , its driving me nuts . But thanks Bob
BadSeed Tranquil M8

Tidefan13
Old
Thanks Meter 21

Quote:
Thanks but that has been on , USB debugging on . I have no idea what else to try . The all in one tool can see the phone and read the CID but ADB is a no go .
Is your pc losing connection once u booted back into android? Right b4 u run the last 3 commands? Or is your adb not working b4 you've even tried to s-off? Cause my pc lost connection with my phone on that step also and I rebooted my pc and it fixed it for me. If this is not the problem your having then disregard

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

wpsantennas
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
I have adb working , now I keep getting that 99 error , its driving me nuts . But thanks Bob
Not sure if this will help but here is a guy who was getting the 99 error after doing "fastboot flash zip ..." twice which caused data corruption: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=474

Appears that he went into recovery, wiped, and restarted the process. If you have a nandroid backup from before you started the S-OFF process you can try restoring that - it has worked for others. May lose some data but hopefully less than a full wipe.

Bigandrewgold
Old
Thanks Meter 531

Quote:
Appears that he went into recovery, wiped, and restarted the process. If you have a nandroid backup from before you started the S-OFF process you can try restoring that - it has worked for others. May lose some data but hopefully less than a full wipe.
Do people not know about titanium backup or apps like it. . You should never loose data from wiping your phone.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app