Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP] [Nightly/Release] CarbonRom JB [grouper]

Tip us?

N@th_OC
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by czonin View Post
Quick question for the coming update. On my VZW Galaxy Nexus I had to flash 4.2.2 proprietary files before flashing a 4.2.2 kernel. Will I have to do the same for the N7 or can I just flash a kernel right over the ROM since we have an official 4.2.2 update?
You can just flash the kernel man.
You can only find beauty in which can not be used for anything ; everything that is useful is ugly.

bonzer2u
Old
Thanks Meter 153
I have really gotten fond of liquidsmooth, in fact the latest build gave me over 14k antutu scores with motleys 247 at stock 1.3Ghz cpu, the fastest AOSP yet, lookin forward to giving carbon a spin after your 4.2.2 release....

Nosferatu.
Old
Thanks Meter 289
I'll watch this thread. I left LiquidSmooth once they split for DirtyBox but I may try this out. Waiting for reviews of the 4.2.2. release!
LG G3 D851
Rooted with some Xposed tweaks, Stock (for now)

NEXUS 7 (2013)
ROM: Dirty KitKat 4.4.4

NEXUS 5
ROM: Dirty KitKat 4.4.4

Old: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S2, Nexus 7 (original)

aggrophobik
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [grouper] Feb 7

Also looking forward to 4.2.2 release. Enjoying both the toro & grouper flavors thus far. Not a huge fan of Nova on grouper, but minor gripe. Very well done overall, thnx for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 7

jarayn
Old
(Last edited by jarayn; 20th February 2013 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrophobik View Post
Also looking forward to 4.2.2 release. Enjoying both the toro & grouper flavors thus far. Not a huge fan of Nova on grouper, but minor gripe. Very well done overall, thnx for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Nova launcher?

If so that's not even a legit complaint. If not then what?

Edit: my post seems a bit aggressive when I re-read it sorry. I know you said minor but it's even less than that.

Oh and nova launcher is great lol.

Southern_mind
Old
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarayn View Post
Nova launcher?

If so that's not even a legit complaint. If not then what?

Edit: my post seems a bit aggressive when I re-read it sorry. I know you said minor but it's even less than that.

Oh and nova launcher is great lol.
I hate Nova. And hate it when is included in a ROM same thing for apex or any other launcher included in a ROM. Just put the stock one on there and if someone wants to use something else fine. But I just uninstall whatever is included as soon as the ROM boots. But that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jarayn
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativi View Post
I hate Nova. And hate it when is included in a ROM same thing for apex or any other launcher included in a ROM. Just put the stock one on there and if someone wants to use something else fine. But I just uninstall whatever is included as soon as the ROM boots. But that's just me.

Wow...You hate launchers. ...Ok ...walks away slowly....

mattmanwrx
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2962

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativi View Post

Just to let you all know, Nova Launcher has been replaced by Launcher2 (stock) for this exact reason... If users want their favourite launcher, they can download it

Still wokring daily to get you guys 4.2.2... Syncing now actually for a brand new build...
Dont Forget to Hit the Thanks Button
Check out - www.mattman.org - for all below downloads + more!

HTC One X Blue/Green/Red Status Bar Mods
HTC One X Modified Boot Animation
Helped to create Bunch of Walls app

SM-N9005 Galaxy Note 3 - Carbon Rom
Nexus 7 - Carbon ROM
HTC One X - Carbon ROM
GT-N7000 Galaxy Note 1 - Carbon Rom
Asus Transformer - My ParanoidAndroid Build
HTC Desire - Retired!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mattmanwrx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

czonin
Old
Thanks Meter 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanwrx View Post
Just to let you all know, Nova Launcher has been replaced by Launcher2 (stock) for this exact reason... If users want their favourite launcher, they can download it

Still wokring daily to get you guys 4.2.2... Syncing now actually for a brand new build...
Keep up the good work! Really excited for the update, I haven't used my 7 in awhile just waiting to put this build on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to czonin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k29er
Old
Thanks Meter 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanwrx View Post

Too bad. Carbon with nova showed me the launcher has more to do with how smooth things feel than the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe