How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

In ear earbuds WITH vol control AND mic

OP rawfa

20th February 2013, 02:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 14

600 posts
More
I´ve read some similar threads on other phones´subforums but I´d like to hear from people here, as not all earbuds allow volume control on the HTC One X (I´ve tried the iphone earbuds and it could not control the volume on the HOX).

Basically I want an in ear earbud that will allow me to control the volume and has a mic. I will use them for running (since the phone is strapped to my arm in a case I cannot control the volume via phone) and every once in a while I accidentally rip the cord off. So, either is has to be cheap so I may replace them from time to time or more expensive but extremely resistant, I don´t want one of those that wraps around you head, since I would also like to use everyday and need to be able to stick them on my pocket.

Any advice?
Last edited by rawfa; 20th February 2013 at 02:27 PM.
20th February 2013, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tel-Aviv
Thanks Meter: 608

634 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawfa

I´ve read some similar threads on other phones´subforums but I´d like to hear from people here, as not all earbuds allow volume control on the HTC One X (I´ve tried the iphone earbuds and it could not control the volume on the HOX).

Basically I want an in ear earbud that will allow me to control the volume and has a mic. I will use them for running (since the phone is strapped to my arm in a case I cannot control the volume via phone) and every once in a while I accidentally rip the cord off. So, either is has to be cheap so I may replace them from time to time or more expensive but extremely resistant, I don´t want one of those that wraps around you head, since I would also like to use everyday and need to be able to stick them on my pocket.

Any advice?

You can not use volume control on any phone but iPhone since Apple owns it.
If you want a good resistant and powerful headset, I'd recommend Sennheiser, or in particular the MM70i, which I own, but it's not cheap, bought it with 25% discount. It has the best sound ever, great insulation, has microphone and three buttons (Volume +/- but it will not work for android, Middle button that you can decide what it will do on your phone) 1.4M cable, compact and weighs 11 grams I think, its durable, beautiful design, comes with 6 paris of buds, and a case.
21st February 2013, 12:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 47

341 posts
More
Re: In ear earbuds WITH vol control AND mic
Get the ue 350vm, it has a rolling volume control, plus with the headset controller app from the play store you could configure number of clicks for different controls. Mine are one click- call answer, end or mute or pause, 2 clicks- last call dialed, next track, 3 clicks- previous track, 4 clicks- volume control in steps till you press once again as it reaches desired volume.

The 350vm has great sound plus a good Mic too.

The above mentioned controls can be configured on any headset with one button.

Sent from my HTC One X
21st February 2013, 09:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag Segorbe
Thanks Meter: 25

465 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshs23

Get the ue 350vm, it has a rolling volume control, plus with the headset controller app from the play store you could configure number of clicks for different controls. Mine are one click- call answer, end or mute or pause, 2 clicks- last call dialed, next track, 3 clicks- previous track, 4 clicks- volume control in steps till you press once again as it reaches desired volume.

The 350vm has great sound plus a good Mic too.

The above mentioned controls can be configured on any headset with one button.

Sent from my HTC One X

any particular brand to recommend?
21st February 2013, 04:37 PM   |  #5  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 47

341 posts
More
Re: In ear earbuds WITH vol control AND mic
Sound magic, klipsch, shure, many, research....

Sent from my HTC One X
23rd February 2013, 05:28 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Get some Skullcandy's Mic'D in ear if you like the bass
24th February 2013, 09:24 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 369

1,029 posts
aJays One + 60$, and NOCS ns 200/400 70$ favorites by far.
Last edited by forster; 24th February 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread