* retired * [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm-10.1] - [april13] - P13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
i am on preview 5 and i am having problems with any computer recognizing my phone. all the computers i use have the drivers for the phone installed. when i plug in the phone the status bar shows," connected as media device" & " android debugging" briefly and that's it. ive toggle thru all three options in the storage menu and nothing. The phone doesn't show up as connected. it was working fine on p2 and p3 but not p4 or p5. i know about airdroid and it works OK but it doesn't support viewing the external sd card, only internal storage. am i doing something wrong or is this something that just doesn't work yet, if so could you let me know and ill stop asking. :p

Airdroid does support external SD Card, minimize SD Card, go into System and you should see External SD below I attached a screenshot of my pc showing how to get there...

Reactions: jrea77

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
Re: [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5

Also this me another screenshot of my phone connected to my PC by simply connecting the USB going to the notification and enabling USB storage.. Nothing more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361390513282.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361390513282.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 472

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo
Also this me another screenshot of my phone connected to my PC by simply connecting the USB going to the notification and enabling USB storage.. Nothing more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk HD

The thing is, it isn't doing this for all devices. I get the same thing. I plug in a USB cord, I get the notification in my bar saying Debug Mode and then nothing is there. There is no option for me to get to for me to enable USB Storage. So my PC never recognizes the device and I never get it to show up. This is not something that has happened before with Preview builds 1-3 as I was able to connect via USB cable to transfer the builds over. I have had to do it via DropBox these last 2 times.

I have also Wiped the System/Cache/Dalvik with each wipe. I have made sure to wipe Dalvik/Cache after the Rom installed just like the instructions say. I have also made sure to check permissions and fix them as well.

So yes we know how to do it. Yes we know it should be able to be done. But several of us are not having success with it cause something isn't right in that aspect. I just tried it again and same results. The only other option I have is to try it without chris's kernel and go with the stock one to see if maybe that is it?

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
Airdroid does support external SD Card, minimize SD Card, go into System and you should see External SD below I attached a screenshot of my pc showing how to get there...

thank you very much!! :laugh: the path to my sd card was different....mine was System>Storage>SDCard1
and its weird bcus i looked and looked many times and also in AirDroids website i read that it didnt support viewing the external sd card at the moment. again...thank you.

and to ur second post/screen shot.....mine just doesnt come up. i have tried the USB Switcher app and nothing, i tried su >
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage > reboot in terminal and nothing, and also the settings in storage. but now that you helped me figure this out im not that worried about it.........itll just bug me bccus i can get it to work.

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA

Same here

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

You can drag the widget you don't like to the trash. And have no widgets on the lock screen at all. I kind of like dash clock as my main widget.

CM 10.1 I717 Galaxy Note

How did you make your lockscreen smaller?

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2.2 JB!

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
Quick Tip:

if adb is showing "offline" for adb devices

1- in terminal on pc type: adb kill-server
2- in terminal on pc type: adb start-server
3- check phone for RSA prompt and click OK
4- in terminal on pc type: adb devices

should now show "device" instead of "offline"
now your adb works

*this rsa prompt is a new security in 4.2.2

cbell13

Just want to say great job on the ROM. Only one reboot since the preview one. Middle of texting and had a bunch of **** open. Other than that this thing has been solid. Trying to talk my wife into letting me update her phone now. Thanks for your hard work Jamie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: JamieD81

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011

You can drag the widget you don't like to the trash. And have no widgets on the lock screen at all. I kind of like dash clock as my main widget.

CM 10.1 I717 Galaxy Note
What quick launch widget is that on the bottom?

Sorry for OT, but I'd like to steal that setup... lol

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

only fast charge if you flash chris41g's kernel
but the setting is still there for it for when you do flash it

Thanks to fast charge my phone charges in just 2 hours. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin

What quick launch widget is that on the bottom?

Sorry for OT, but I'd like to steal that setup... lol

Its in Lock screen settings/slider shortcuts. Set it up the way you want. My lockscreen is smaller because I changed my LCD density to 220.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL

The thing is, it isn't doing this for all devices. I get the same thing. I plug in a USB cord, I get the notification in my bar saying Debug Mode and then nothing is there. There is no option for me to get to for me to enable USB Storage. So my PC never recognizes the device and I never get it to show up. This is not something that has happened before with Preview builds 1-3 as I was able to connect via USB cable to transfer the builds over. I have had to do it via DropBox these last 2 times.

I have also Wiped the System/Cache/Dalvik with each wipe. I have made sure to wipe Dalvik/Cache after the Rom installed just like the instructions say. I have also made sure to check permissions and fix them as well.

So yes we know how to do it. Yes we know it should be able to be done. But several of us are not having success with it cause something isn't right in that aspect. I just tried it again and same results. The only other option I have is to try it without chris's kernel and go with the stock one to see if maybe that is it?

WiFi file explorer FTW! Problems solved...its often faster than USB too.

P5, working great!

Sent from my SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

The lock screen widgets can't be disabled. It is Google's way to get around the lawsuit brought on by Apple. So either you can deal with it as is, install a 3rd party lock screen or put a different lock method on. While it sucks it is what it is to not be sued.

Sent from the Note-rix

Lock screen widgets are because of a lawsuit? Huh?

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Quick Tip:

if adb is showing "offline" for adb devices

1- in terminal on pc type: adb kill-server
2- in terminal on pc type: adb start-server
3- check phone for RSA prompt and click OK
4- in terminal on pc type: adb devices

should now show "device" instead of "offline"
now your adb works

*this rsa prompt is a new security in 4.2.2

Update the SDK before you do any of it, if the SDK is too old, adb won't have the proper stuff. Just wanted to say it, since it seems like a lot of people don't update their SDK or just have a handful of SDK files for adb etc.

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo
WiFi file explorer FTW! Problems solved...its often faster than USB too.

P5, working great!

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Lock screen widgets are because of a lawsuit? Huh?

I will check that our along with AirDroid.

The Lawsuit thing is something I read in another thread in the XDA forums. :cyclops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    moving onto a new rom, the official cm nightlies and M releases are doing great :)

13347-cm-10-1-logo

Credits: www.cyanogenmod.com for all your info needs,
    Sources: www.github.com/cyanogenmod for all your source needs

wipe data/system/cache's before installing.
    the above steps arent needed if your flashing from previous build or cm nightly. but is recommended to clear cache after flashing the rom.

rom: Preview 13
    gapps: 4.2.x GAPPS

if you get a recovery error when flashing, either upgrade your cwm or install twrp2*recommended*.

changelog:
    preview 13
    -- merged all up to today
    -- battery bar back
    -- probably more.

preview 12
    -- lots of cm merges since last build
    -- basic stock build with gestures this time around.

preview 11
    -- merged to latest cm merges *there were quite a few*
    -- yes cm's pie is included *settings-system-pie controls*, note: there is no notification/quick settings access in this pie thats pa.
    -- stylus gestures rebased
    -- more here and there just enjoy :)

Credits and Thanks:
    CyanogenMod
    roger_n *for all the help*
    gs2usr *for all the help*
    teamchopsticks *for all the help*
    chris41g for his kernel and work

Extras:
    -- disable cap buttons*plus re-enable* disable - enable flash in recovery. disable key lights in "advanced settings"
    -- if you want per app dpi check HERE
    -- chris41g's kernel here *recommended*
    -- SuperNote from padphone 2 *s-note replacement* HERE - unzip then install like you would any .apk
    preview 7 is up and ready for flashing, enjoy bed time now
    That is just crazy. Shows how much people really do care. When the time comes and you leave people will be upset that there are less and less ROMS for the Note around cause you refuse to post them here or build them to share anymore cause the lack of appreciation.

I would personally hate to see the latter of that. It would suck only having the CM builds only to flash on my Note and not be able to get PA anytime soon.

i wont let 1-2 people ruin it for the rest of you so dont worry about that, there has been way more positive about the release then negative, negative just sticks out a lot more. but honestly if they want silly things they can pm me, im not some big mean green monster or something, im just very outspoken.
    PREVIEW 4 is up
    changelog in op