Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,767,951 Members 39,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [Nov 1][4.3.1][SmoothROM v5.3]Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stable

Tip us?

TheAtheistReverend
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Default Re: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorril.nz View Post
Hi guys,

Amazing ROM. Runs really well. Love the tablet UI.

Can anyone give me some feedback on there experiences with the different kernels? I'm using Lean Kernel and it appears to be running really well except a loud pitch noise i'm getting through the headphone jack when the device is on charge and in standby, so I thought i'd investigate something else

Cheers.
Your best bet is to try the most popular kernels yourself since each device can respond differently.
I'd suggest tryin' motley, Franco, and lean (done)
Here. This. Now.
---------------------------------------------
Get your own DropBox HERE!

zorril.nz
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistReverend View Post
Your best bet is to try the most popular kernels yourself since each device can respond differently.
I'd suggest tryin' motley, Franco, and lean (done)
Yeah just realized most are actually compatible. For some strange reason I thought this ROM was 4.1.2! Dunno where I got that from.
Samsung Galaxy I9505 | Echoe Rom V18.0 |
Samsung Galaxy I9100 | Resurrection Remix KK V5.0.4 | CM Kernel
Samsung Galaxy I9300 | Echoe Rom V5.2 | Stock Kernel.

mrazndead
Old
Thanks Meter 48
i just installed the lastest v4.4

so freaking smooth and awesome. with franco 42 and it's working perfectly with my titanium backup.

i tried 4.2.2 android with another rom but it wasn't stable. I'll be only using SmoothROMs from now on - i'll wait until smoothrom comes out with 4.2.2.
Mobile App Designer, Web Developer, Artist

Current Devices:

Tablets: Nexus 7, Acer A500, Lenovo K1, iPad 3, New: HP TouchPad with Jelly Bean, New: iPad Mini
Mobile: iPod Touch 4G, Samsung Exhibit 2 4g
Laptops: Lenovo Core i5 Laptop, Macbook Pro Core i5

Spacemonkie4207
Old
Thanks Meter 714
Default Re: [ROM][Feb 09][4.2.1] SmoothROM v4.4-Smoothest ROM-Deodex-Zipalign-Tablet UI-Stabl

Franco is nice, only problem I've had with it is the WIFI. Can't play a YouTube video without buffering every 5 seconds.
Just flashed lean kernel and so far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Hdale85
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ok, well I finally got it to work. Not sure really what fixed it? I did re-download the rom, but also I didn't install the adblocker this time.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Google now doesn't seem to be working? Anyone else have this issue? When I try and use the voice functions it just crashes.

misterbuggy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
To those who are having a battery drain, try checking the Settings>Performance>Processor. Change the Maximum CPU frequency to 860 Mhz. Your device will slow down a little but not too noticeably. Change the CPU governor to CONSERVATIVE too. Having too high Maximum CPU freq. eats too much battery. Just a tip tho.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

@james, just a question bro. Is it ok to flash the latest android 4.2.2 via TWRP? Will it be safe? Im using Smooth Rom 4.3.

jamesst20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2104

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdale85 View Post
Ok, well I finally got it to work. Not sure really what fixed it? I did re-download the rom, but also I didn't install the adblocker this time.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Google now doesn't seem to be working? Anyone else have this issue? When I try and use the voice functions it just crashes.
Update google search from google play store

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
If I helped you, dont forget to press thanks !

Like my work ? Feel free to donate

Donate Me (Click Here)

SmoothROM - Google Nexus 7
JROMFlasher - Google Nexus 7

misterbuggy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
@james, just a question bro. Is it ok to flash the latest android 4.2.2 via recovery/TWRP? Will it be safe? Im using Smooth Rom 4.3

misterbuggy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
any1 please answer me. T^T

putomacao
Old
Thanks Meter 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbuggy View Post
any1 please answer me. T^T
As far as I know you need to update the bootloader to 4.18 before flashing 4.2.2, SmoothRom will be wiped out after flashing the new one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium