Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KF 2 Bricked omap430

Tip us?
 
LazyE
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default KF 2 Bricked omap430

Hi,

ive been given a bricked kf2 that shows up in device manager as a omap4430 device, Ive seen the firekit for the first kindle do i need the aboot.bin and u-boot.bin from a kf2 or will the ones already in firekit allow me to boot into fastboot ?

or am i completly off track as i suspect i am lol
 
soupmagnet
Old
#2  
soupmagnet's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2353
Posts: 4,021
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyE View Post
Hi,

ive been given a bricked kf2 that shows up in device manager as a omap4430 device, Ive seen the firekit for the first kindle do i need the aboot.bin and u-boot.bin from a kf2 or will the ones already in firekit allow me to boot into fastboot ?

or am i completly off track as i suspect i am lol
Don't use Firekit for the KF2. How bricked is it? Does it turn on at least?
 
LazyE
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2012
no it doesn't turn on and power light does'nt light up, i haven't tried Firekit,
 
soupmagnet
Old
#4  
soupmagnet's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2353
Posts: 4,021
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyE View Post
no it doesn't turn on and power light does'nt light up, i haven't tried Firekit,
As of now, there's nothing you can do about it.
 
LazyE
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmagnet View Post
As of now, there's nothing you can do about it.

Ok thanks hopefully a new firekit or similar comes out
 
cutech
Old
#6  
cutech's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2008
Default I have a similar situation

The KF2 power led does not turn on at all, and the OMAP4430 driver cycles off and on in Windows device manager.

No difference with a fastboot cable.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more

Make Your Own DIY Capacitive Stylus

The XDA Portal is a place where we like to talkabout things that are interesting, fun, and sometimes … more