Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VivoTab Smart ME400

Tip us?

wpbear
Old
(Last edited by wpbear; 21st February 2013 at 02:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default VivoTab Smart ME400

I am an Android Fanboy....but the Vivotab Smart for $499 looks really nice and is full Windows 8. Is anybody else thinking about cheating on their Infinity Tabs?
Current Devices:

LG G Pad 8.3 Black - CM11
Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB Blue and Brown (Both CleanROM 7)
Rooted Droid Bionic - CM10.1
Droid INC 4G LTE - CM11
Galaxy Nexus Verizon 4G - Shiny Rom

Retired: Original DInc CM9, Nook Color: KANG CM7 flashed to EMMC, Rooted Droid Razr Purple 16GB
Sold: Transformer Infinity w/dock - CleanROMiX

Invite for Online Storage & File Sync With DROPBOX

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365
It looks great, and I had the chance to try one a few weeks ago (in-store). It's a nice device, really, but the customer support on ASUS'part scares me off in buying one of their produtcs again.

(My main gripe with the 700 is the docking mechanism, and they seem to have used another type on the VivoTab. Still.. :P )
"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar

Thats OK
Old
Thanks Meter 277
I like it too...
We had this discussion going before.
All the Windows tablet threads were shutdown however.

the_game_master
Old
Thanks Meter 54
It looks nice, I initially had my hopes and dreams on it, but with ASUS reputation, I rather plonk the additional $300 and get the Surface Pro tablet.

Besides, what I read in reviews, the Intel Atom which I thought was going to be a much more improved generation made for this year, reports are that it struggles to playback Flash and other streaming video compared to the more powerful i5 core Surface Pro.

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_game_master View Post
It looks nice, I initially had my hopes and dreams on it, but with ASUS reputation, I rather plonk the additional $300 and get the Surface Pro tablet.

Besides, what I read in reviews, the Intel Atom which I thought was going to be a much more improved generation made for this year, reports are that it struggles to playback Flash and other streaming video compared to the more powerful i5 core Surface Pro.
Indeed, the only technical reason I'd see for staying away as to specifications s the Atom processor used. The full Intel mobiles are so much faster! (Reportedly, most Atoms struggle at even the simplest of tasks.)
"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar

Thats OK
Old
Thanks Meter 277
For the $$ to me the win8 tabs just aren't worth it with the ultrabooks sitting at lower prices now.
Been eyeballing the HP Envy x2 selling today for 749 usd.

huy_lonewolf
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I personally stay away from Intel Atom as far as possible. Furthermore, 1080p screen is the main reason I bought the tf700.

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 882
With that CPU? Hell no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper View Post
(Reportedly, most Atoms struggle at even the simplest of tasks.)
There's a science joke just waiting to be made in there somewhere...
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

pbrauer
Old
Thanks Meter 165
i played for a couple of days with the Vivo, and just bought the wife a Pro and have to say everything I hated about RT and the whole setup is gone. I am not getting rid of my Infinity any time soon, but that Surface Pro is a screaming cool piece of kit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VZW Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i545), Rooted, Stock 4.2.x | ASUS Transformer Infinity CROMi-X ROM(Unlocked/Rooted) | Pebble, Stock

wpbear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I should have been more specific on the Thread Title. I am talking about the ME400 Smart which is full windows.

I think I might get one and test drive it. I am leaning 60-40% to get it. I am worried about the lack of apps and the speed. But the positive of the Atom processor is the battery life. I need to find somewhere with the White model locally in stock so I can return it easily if it is slow and laggy.
Current Devices:

LG G Pad 8.3 Black - CM11
Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB Blue and Brown (Both CleanROM 7)
Rooted Droid Bionic - CM10.1
Droid INC 4G LTE - CM11
Galaxy Nexus Verizon 4G - Shiny Rom

Retired: Original DInc CM9, Nook Color: KANG CM7 flashed to EMMC, Rooted Droid Razr Purple 16GB
Sold: Transformer Infinity w/dock - CleanROMiX

Invite for Online Storage & File Sync With DROPBOX