Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

VivoTab Smart ME400

OP wpbear

20th February 2013, 09:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, GA
Thanks Meter: 20

1,556 posts
More
I am an Android Fanboy....but the Vivotab Smart for $499 looks really nice and is full Windows 8. Is anybody else thinking about cheating on their Infinity Tabs?
Last edited by wpbear; 21st February 2013 at 03:21 PM.
20th February 2013, 10:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,465 posts
It looks great, and I had the chance to try one a few weeks ago (in-store). It's a nice device, really, but the customer support on ASUS'part scares me off in buying one of their produtcs again.

(My main gripe with the 700 is the docking mechanism, and they seem to have used another type on the VivoTab. Still.. :P )
20th February 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 277

3,091 posts
I like it too...
We had this discussion going before.
All the Windows tablet threads were shutdown however.
20th February 2013, 11:48 PM   |  #4  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 54

664 posts
It looks nice, I initially had my hopes and dreams on it, but with ASUS reputation, I rather plonk the additional $300 and get the Surface Pro tablet.

Besides, what I read in reviews, the Intel Atom which I thought was going to be a much more improved generation made for this year, reports are that it struggles to playback Flash and other streaming video compared to the more powerful i5 core Surface Pro.
21st February 2013, 12:51 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,465 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_game_master

It looks nice, I initially had my hopes and dreams on it, but with ASUS reputation, I rather plonk the additional $300 and get the Surface Pro tablet.

Besides, what I read in reviews, the Intel Atom which I thought was going to be a much more improved generation made for this year, reports are that it struggles to playback Flash and other streaming video compared to the more powerful i5 core Surface Pro.

Indeed, the only technical reason I'd see for staying away as to specifications s the Atom processor used. The full Intel mobiles are so much faster! (Reportedly, most Atoms struggle at even the simplest of tasks.)
21st February 2013, 02:02 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 277

3,091 posts
For the $$ to me the win8 tabs just aren't worth it with the ultrabooks sitting at lower prices now.
Been eyeballing the HP Envy x2 selling today for 749 usd.
21st February 2013, 04:52 AM   |  #7  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 55

344 posts
More
I personally stay away from Intel Atom as far as possible. Furthermore, 1080p screen is the main reason I bought the tf700.
21st February 2013, 12:14 PM   |  #8  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,045 posts
More
With that CPU? Hell no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper

(Reportedly, most Atoms struggle at even the simplest of tasks.)

There's a science joke just waiting to be made in there somewhere...
21st February 2013, 02:12 PM   |  #9  
Flag Edina, MN
Thanks Meter: 165

278 posts
More
i played for a couple of days with the Vivo, and just bought the wife a Pro and have to say everything I hated about RT and the whole setup is gone. I am not getting rid of my Infinity any time soon, but that Surface Pro is a screaming cool piece of kit.
21st February 2013, 03:27 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, GA
Thanks Meter: 20

1,556 posts
More
I should have been more specific on the Thread Title. I am talking about the ME400 Smart which is full windows.

I think I might get one and test drive it. I am leaning 60-40% to get it. I am worried about the lack of apps and the speed. But the positive of the Atom processor is the battery life. I need to find somewhere with the White model locally in stock so I can return it easily if it is slow and laggy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread