Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

OP Oli2k

14th February 2013, 01:51 PM   |  #371  
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
Just a reminder, with screen off : a couple strips of electrical tape down each side will stop creaking
20th February 2013, 10:38 PM   |  #372  
Flag beaverton
Thanks Meter: 18

128 posts
More
Re: Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review
Any one know how to turn down the mic sensitivity in this phone. Just got my replacement otter box in and it echos too. Anyone else with this echo I'm on sprint. Titanium note 2

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 10:51 PM   |  #373  
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
+1 on the Mike sensitivity.

Got my defender but the echo is quite bad.

Still not sure on the screen protector either.

Have contacted otterbox as the power button was so bad the phone just constantly switched on and off continously.

Will see what they say.

Cheers

Hp

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 12:05 AM   |  #374  
Flag Corvallis, OR
Thanks Meter: 34

183 posts
More
Got my replacement Otterbox today, which was a Commuter instead of a Defender.

The rubber layer is super flimsy, but no echo problem at least.

Maybe I'll buy a Seidio Convert case next time, since the design looks cool, and there is a kickstand integrated into the case.
21st February 2013, 01:19 AM   |  #375  
Flag beaverton

128 posts
More
K my buddy just bought new note 2 two weeks after me. Same carrier and same color. I even threw my back on it just for test purposes. No echo on his with using my otterbox. Guess I will head to sprint and see what they say.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

With the echoes are you using your own screen protector? Or the otterbox one?

21st February 2013, 01:40 AM   |  #376  
Thanks Meter: 11

136 posts
Yea Ive had my defender case for about a week and its the best case ive owned I have a few samsung cases as well flip covers and protective cases but the otterbox is just perfect I have no worries placing it anywhere I go . Its protected my only downfall that I disliked was the fact it didnt have a cover for the spen . Other than that its perfect with or without screen protector

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
21st February 2013, 05:04 AM   |  #377  
Flag beaverton

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffen97023

K my buddy just bought new note 2 two weeks after me. Same carrier and same color. I even threw my back on it just for test purposes. No echo on his with using my otterbox. Guess I will head to sprint and see what they say.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

With the echoes are you using your own screen protector? Or the otterbox one?

just tracked down my echo it was the rom i was using it was only heard when using the OtterBox i was on jellybomb 12.1 just flashed back to stock and no more echo
21st February 2013, 05:06 PM   |  #378  
Flag Aurora-Berkely
Thanks Meter: 31

275 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgalanis

Hi. I have recieved my Defender case but unfortunately as a friend mentioned before people who call me experience echo problems. More spesifically I can hear them fine but they hear their voices twice. I tried the case also with my wifes Note and the echo problem is the same. It only disappears when I remove the outer silicone. I have contacted Otterbox and they agreed to send me a replacement case but I am really worried that this might be a design issue rather than a defective case one.

What is your experience with the Defender? Do you experience any similar problems? Please note that I use a stock rom.

PS. The Commuter works flawlessly.

Otterbox sent me a new case. I still have the echo problem. I guess their is no fix for this. But strangely my buddy has the same phone (verizon I'm on Tmobile) and case he has no echo
21st February 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #379  
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
Weird, I'm on stock and got the echo. Will see if otterbox respond to me.

Cheers

Hp

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2013, 02:06 AM   |  #380  
Thanks Meter: 6

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn50ak49

I've had my Otter Box Defender case since the 24th of Dec. Got it from AT&T store locally. Love the case. I like the protection it offers. I Like the button feel for the volume and power buttons. Living in the dessert there is a lot of dust. I Don't like the hole for the home button in the screen protector. Dust got in and put a dust sized nick in my screen, so I used some clear tape and covered it up on both sides of the screen protector. no more dust under the home button. I'm going to replace the screen protector with ether a tempered glass protector or the feels like glass protector. I usually use invisesheld, but the s pen doesn't feel good with that screen protector.

Did you ever get the Voyager 2/tempered glass solution? Was wondering how that worked with the Otterbox Defender case. Was wondering if someone put one of those home button stickers on if it wouldn't also close up the home button hole space?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarfsan

I got the case today and it's freaking huge But at least I can now play all the note-hockey I want with no worries.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

How would you say it is for holding in one hand and doing drawing or painting?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
defender, note 2, otterbox
Previous Thread Next Thread