Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

Tip us?

JOLiu
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefmanaz View Post
Is anyone else experiencing an issue where playing the next song queued up in Google music causes the volume to go to the max? The actual volume indicator doesn't show max, but my ears sure did! This happens with the stock ear buds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Dang, wish I had checked this thread before trying to listen to some music on my headphones. Scared the living daylights out of me when the audio in my headphones jumped to max volume (this was using 3rd party headphones).

VoiD_Dweller
Old
Thanks Meter 869

DONATE TO ME
Default Bugs?

Hey guys I had a quick simple question about recent nightly bugs. I've got the stable 10.0 CM running on my girlfriends sgs3 which works great, I was considering dropping the 10.1 nightly on it so she can have some more features and be the latest greatest.

My question is are there any crippling bugs causing any major issues on the latest couple nightlies? I don't want to end up in the doghouse or on the couch for putting something that causes issues. She doesn't use any bluetooth or anything so I'm not worried about those types of bugs. I checked the last couple pages and didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask..

Thanks in advance for any replies and input.
Don't forget the 'Thanks' button!

will.bates94
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17

As you can see in a few pages back there aren't any major issues besides small bugs which will be fixed within the next few nightlies I'd imagine. I still don't think WPA tether is working and Bluetooth is still iffy apparently.

Sent from my GS3 via xda-developers app
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Optimized!
ROM: HyperDrive RLS 16!
KERNEL: Talexop 4.3 v1.3 Stock Kernel!
Recovery: Safestrap 3.71+
Project Phones: Droid RAZR M, Droid RAZR, Motorola Droid, Droid 4
The Following User Says Thank You to will.bates94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JOLiu
Old
(Last edited by JOLiu; 21st February 2013 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiD_Dweller View Post
Hey guys I had a quick simple question about recent nightly bugs. I've got the stable 10.0 CM running on my girlfriends sgs3 which works great, I was considering dropping the 10.1 nightly on it so she can have some more features and be the latest greatest.

My question is are there any crippling bugs causing any major issues on the latest couple nightlies? I don't want to end up in the doghouse or on the couch for putting something that causes issues. She doesn't use any bluetooth or anything so I'm not worried about those types of bugs. I checked the last couple pages and didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask..

Thanks in advance for any replies and input.
I have personally only been using CM10.1 for the past few days (the 2/18 nightly), but the only bugs that I've noticed thus far are:

(1) audio will switch to the highest possible volume when I go from track to track.
(2) when I hit the home button, the phone sometimes acts like I long-pressed the home button, which shows the list of the applications that I most recently used, as opposed to sending me to the home screen (a reboot appears to have corrected this issue).
(3) when I put the phone in my office drawer (a wood drawer), I noticed that I was not always getting a signal. In checking my battery, it is showing 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and 16% without a signal. Typically, I get great signal in my office.

FYI - I am on 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and have 80% of battery left (although I believe that I've been unplugged for more like 9.5-10 hours - not sure if the reboot reset the # of hours that I am unplugged). Granted, my phone has sat in my drawer most of the day - screen on for only about 6 minutes - w/ work email being pushed.

Can't comment as to the wifi tether. When setting it up, it allows me to enter WPA information, but I have not actually tried to tether any devices to my phone. I also have not attempted to use NFC or wifi direct. As to bluetooth audio, I did try to play music in my car, and it appeared to work; phonecalls via BT also worked for me. Lastly, I understand that phonecalls do not work via a wired headset although I have yet to try this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOLiu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VoiD_Dweller
Old
Thanks Meter 869

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by will.bates94 View Post
As you can see in a few pages back there aren't any major issues besides small bugs which will be fixed within the next few nightlies I'd imagine. I still don't think WPA tether is working and Bluetooth is still iffy apparently.

Sent from my GS3 via xda-developers app
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLiu View Post
I have personally only been using CM10.1 for the past few days (the 2/18 nightly), but the only bugs that I've noticed thus far are:

(1) audio will switch to the highest possible volume when I go from track to track.
(2) when I hit the home button, the phone sometimes acts like I long-pressed the home button, which shows the list of the applications that I most recently used, as opposed to sending me to the home screen (a reboot appears to have corrected this issue).
(3) when I put the phone in my office drawer (a wood drawer), I noticed that I was not always getting a signal. In checking my battery, it is showing 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and 16% without a signal. Typically, I get great signal in my office.

FYI - I am on 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and have 80% of battery left (although I believe that I've been unplugged for more like 9.5-10 hours - not sure if the reboot reset the # of hours that I am unplugged). Granted, my phone has sat in my drawer most of the day - screen on for only about 6 minutes - w/ work email being pushed.

Can't comment as to the wifi tether. When setting it up, it allows me to enter WPA information, but I have not actually tried to tether any devices to my phone. I also have not attempted to use NFC or wifi direct. As to bluetooth audio, I did try to play music in my car, and it appeared to work; phonecalls via BT also worked for me. Lastly, I understand that phonecalls do not work via a wired headset although I have yet to try this.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Don't forget the 'Thanks' button!

Rarscaryfrosty
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiD_Dweller View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I've been using CM10.1 on my SG3 since day one, and it's been a steady ride with bug fixes coming out every day and every night. The only things bugging me at the long button press and bluetooth. I used to use bluetooth inside my house, and in my car daily, now I don't at all. I could honestly live with the long button press issue since a quick reboot fixes it, but I guess it wouldn't be handy in an emergency having to wait for my phone to reboot.

PaulQ602
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLiu View Post
I noticed that I was not always getting a signal ... Typically, I get great signal in my office.
Same. I noticed a drop in signal strength since 10.1

Using 2/19 nightly.

Bluetooth works for me though (audio and phone).
_Paul_

.............. Samsung Galaxy S4 (16GB + 16GB)
.............. Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (16GB + 64GB)

vdefender
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Alright, I had one message today "Not send" and it gave me a notification that it didn't send. When I click the notification it just opens Messaging and goes to the conversation list. There are no messages that got a red triangle. I deleted the messages that I think may have caused the "message not sent" notification. But it wont go away! Argh! I've cleared the Cache for Messaging, I've cleared the data for messaging, I've restarted. I've deleted the whole conversation with the person that the message didn't send to. And I've dirty flashed the latest nightly. Still the message not sent notification keeps coming back. How can I be rid of this without having to TIBackup everything and start over!?

herooftimeloz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Reboot menu

Did anyone else's reboot menu disappear? I don't see an option to reboot to recovery, download, etc. anymore

ctsail410
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Default Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftimeloz View Post
Did anyone else's reboot menu disappear? I don't see an option to reboot to recovery, download, etc. anymore
Yes it was a purposeful change made to CM this weekend. To get it back go into Developer Settings and check "Advanced Reboot."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to ctsail410 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]