Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

OP Restola

20th February 2013, 03:03 AM   |  #1001  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefmanaz

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where playing the next song queued up in Google music causes the volume to go to the max? The actual volume indicator doesn't show max, but my ears sure did! This happens with the stock ear buds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Dang, wish I had checked this thread before trying to listen to some music on my headphones. Scared the living daylights out of me when the audio in my headphones jumped to max volume (this was using 3rd party headphones).
21st February 2013, 01:03 AM   |  #1002  
VoiD_Dweller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 877
 
920 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Bugs?
Hey guys I had a quick simple question about recent nightly bugs. I've got the stable 10.0 CM running on my girlfriends sgs3 which works great, I was considering dropping the 10.1 nightly on it so she can have some more features and be the latest greatest.

My question is are there any crippling bugs causing any major issues on the latest couple nightlies? I don't want to end up in the doghouse or on the couch for putting something that causes issues. She doesn't use any bluetooth or anything so I'm not worried about those types of bugs. I checked the last couple pages and didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask..

Thanks in advance for any replies and input.
21st February 2013, 01:06 AM   |  #1003  
will.bates94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 9
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17
As you can see in a few pages back there aren't any major issues besides small bugs which will be fixed within the next few nightlies I'd imagine. I still don't think WPA tether is working and Bluetooth is still iffy apparently.

Sent from my GS3 via xda-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to will.bates94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 01:47 AM   |  #1004  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiD_Dweller

Hey guys I had a quick simple question about recent nightly bugs. I've got the stable 10.0 CM running on my girlfriends sgs3 which works great, I was considering dropping the 10.1 nightly on it so she can have some more features and be the latest greatest.

My question is are there any crippling bugs causing any major issues on the latest couple nightlies? I don't want to end up in the doghouse or on the couch for putting something that causes issues. She doesn't use any bluetooth or anything so I'm not worried about those types of bugs. I checked the last couple pages and didn't find anything so I thought I'd ask..

Thanks in advance for any replies and input.

I have personally only been using CM10.1 for the past few days (the 2/18 nightly), but the only bugs that I've noticed thus far are:

(1) audio will switch to the highest possible volume when I go from track to track.
(2) when I hit the home button, the phone sometimes acts like I long-pressed the home button, which shows the list of the applications that I most recently used, as opposed to sending me to the home screen (a reboot appears to have corrected this issue).
(3) when I put the phone in my office drawer (a wood drawer), I noticed that I was not always getting a signal. In checking my battery, it is showing 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and 16% without a signal. Typically, I get great signal in my office.

FYI - I am on 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and have 80% of battery left (although I believe that I've been unplugged for more like 9.5-10 hours - not sure if the reboot reset the # of hours that I am unplugged). Granted, my phone has sat in my drawer most of the day - screen on for only about 6 minutes - w/ work email being pushed.

Can't comment as to the wifi tether. When setting it up, it allows me to enter WPA information, but I have not actually tried to tether any devices to my phone. I also have not attempted to use NFC or wifi direct. As to bluetooth audio, I did try to play music in my car, and it appeared to work; phonecalls via BT also worked for me. Lastly, I understand that phonecalls do not work via a wired headset although I have yet to try this.
Last edited by JOLiu; 21st February 2013 at 01:51 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOLiu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 01:54 AM   |  #1005  
VoiD_Dweller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 877
 
920 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by will.bates94

As you can see in a few pages back there aren't any major issues besides small bugs which will be fixed within the next few nightlies I'd imagine. I still don't think WPA tether is working and Bluetooth is still iffy apparently.

Sent from my GS3 via xda-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLiu

I have personally only been using CM10.1 for the past few days (the 2/18 nightly), but the only bugs that I've noticed thus far are:

(1) audio will switch to the highest possible volume when I go from track to track.
(2) when I hit the home button, the phone sometimes acts like I long-pressed the home button, which shows the list of the applications that I most recently used, as opposed to sending me to the home screen (a reboot appears to have corrected this issue).
(3) when I put the phone in my office drawer (a wood drawer), I noticed that I was not always getting a signal. In checking my battery, it is showing 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and 16% without a signal. Typically, I get great signal in my office.

FYI - I am on 8 hours and 25 minutes unplugged and have 80% of battery left (although I believe that I've been unplugged for more like 9.5-10 hours - not sure if the reboot reset the # of hours that I am unplugged). Granted, my phone has sat in my drawer most of the day - screen on for only about 6 minutes - w/ work email being pushed.

Can't comment as to the wifi tether. When setting it up, it allows me to enter WPA information, but I have not actually tried to tether any devices to my phone. I also have not attempted to use NFC or wifi direct. As to bluetooth audio, I did try to play music in my car, and it appeared to work; phonecalls via BT also worked for me. Lastly, I understand that phonecalls do not work via a wired headset although I have yet to try this.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
21st February 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #1006  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiD_Dweller

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I've been using CM10.1 on my SG3 since day one, and it's been a steady ride with bug fixes coming out every day and every night. The only things bugging me at the long button press and bluetooth. I used to use bluetooth inside my house, and in my car daily, now I don't at all. I could honestly live with the long button press issue since a quick reboot fixes it, but I guess it wouldn't be handy in an emergency having to wait for my phone to reboot.
21st February 2013, 03:10 AM   |  #1007  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLiu

I noticed that I was not always getting a signal ... Typically, I get great signal in my office.

Same. I noticed a drop in signal strength since 10.1

Using 2/19 nightly.

Bluetooth works for me though (audio and phone).
21st February 2013, 05:57 AM   |  #1008  
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, Wa
Thanks Meter: 29
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Alright, I had one message today "Not send" and it gave me a notification that it didn't send. When I click the notification it just opens Messaging and goes to the conversation list. There are no messages that got a red triangle. I deleted the messages that I think may have caused the "message not sent" notification. But it wont go away! Argh! I've cleared the Cache for Messaging, I've cleared the data for messaging, I've restarted. I've deleted the whole conversation with the person that the message didn't send to. And I've dirty flashed the latest nightly. Still the message not sent notification keeps coming back. How can I be rid of this without having to TIBackup everything and start over!?
21st February 2013, 03:45 PM   |  #1009  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Reboot menu
Did anyone else's reboot menu disappear? I don't see an option to reboot to recovery, download, etc. anymore
21st February 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #1010  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 2/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftimeloz

Did anyone else's reboot menu disappear? I don't see an option to reboot to recovery, download, etc. anymore

Yes it was a purposeful change made to CM this weekend. To get it back go into Developer Settings and check "Advanced Reboot."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to ctsail410 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes